Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MTF Sergeant

Any tips on Injustice 2?

I have always loved fighting games, but I've never really been good at any, and have been pretty much mashing my entire life. I know what I'm supposed to be doing, and I try not to mash, but I always end up doing it anyways and I'm not sure why. Are there any exercises that can be used to get used to not mashing? I just ordered the Injustice 2 Legendary Edition, and I really want to get serious with the fighters, but this is definitely keeping me from doing so. 

There's a tutorial that walks you through the fundamentals. Then there's practice mode, pick a character you like the look of, pull up the moves list in the pause menu and start learning basic combos and special moves. Every character works a little differently beyond the very basic controls, if they don't 'click' then try someone else. Then play against the computer on the easiest difficulty, use what you've learned against it (PSA: Injustice 2 has an arcade ladder, only it's hidden away in the Multiverse menu for reasons that confound me). 

What platform are you on? I have this game on my PS4, I would happily spar with you sometime. ID: DoomUK1982

31 minutes ago, DoomUK said:

What platform are you on? I have this game on my PS4, I would happily spar with you sometime. ID: DoomUK1982

Sorry, I have an Xbox One.

7 minutes ago, TFK said:

Sorry, I have an Xbox One.

Too bad. But I think learning how to actually play fighting games properly will naturally break the habit, as it's far more rewarding than just mashing buttons and hoping for the best. Just tell yourself to not do it. Learn how to apply pressure and play defensively when needed. Most importantly, don't panic and lose your composure when it looks like the other player is winning, and don't take losses personally.