Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
94's the best style

A whole year of 4800 Hell Knights! This time, it'll be finished!

I hope my map has all wireframes and that spacesynth music module. 

32 minutes ago, DeXiaZ said:

BTW, I've checked my textures from Prison map. Still not working. I mean, author of this map practically didn't add those textures in his wad, that's why they are missing in pk3

But i added the textures on my wad, if i hadn't they wouldn't show on the standalone map i uploaded

During the last pk3 beta that was made public my map also had problems with some missing textures, it was because some textures i used are defined on the TEXTURES lump, (only the patches graphics were available), adding the textures back into the lump solved the problem on that pk3.

If the issue persists, you could assemble the new pk3 alpha, and i can check out what's causing the problem when im back home

4 hours ago, DeXiaZ said:

I have problems with fixing maps.

Why the hell scripts are stopped to work? I mean, on my own map my scripts doesn't work, but I've already changed them from "map argument = 1" to "map argument = 15" due to my map is Map15.

Same thing with Map01 which uses Hierophant script. Due to unknown reasons it doesn't work.

Set the map argument to 0. That means the current map. I would think that it would be very rare to need it to be not 0.

10 hours ago, Empyre said:

Set the map argument to 0. That means the current map. I would think that it would be very rare to need it to be not 0.

Good point and I thought about this too, but...it doesn't work, LOL. BTW, I'm using GZDoom 2.4.0. Maybe this somehow related?

ANYWAY, HERE IS THE UPDATE (re-updated, lol)

Changelog:

-Added the latest version of all maps (and SpaceShip older dublicate was deleted)

-Fixed missing textures (yay!)

-Fixed map numeration. Now all maps are selectable from Map01 to Map18

-Added music for maps which doesn't have any (also Wolf3D map have the remixed version of D_EVIL. If you dislike this - I'll remove it)

-Added compressed sounds for PLANE map which reduced size from ~70 Mb to ~31 Mb (niiiiiice)

-Added titlepic and interpic (well, they possibly suck, but it's better than use stock Doom 2 images)

-Updated credits file

What must be done in next version:

-I don't know WTF is going on with ACS scripts on few maps (map01 and map15 for sure). They need to be fixed. Ideas? :\

-HUB MAP? PLEASE?

UPD: Here is the video of my map in both versions - original and packed into this pk3

You can clearly see which scripts doesn't work for some reasons

Edited by DeXiaZ

3 hours ago, DeXiaZ said:

Good point and I thought about this too, but...it doesn't work, LOL. BTW, I'm using GZDoom 2.4.0. Maybe this somehow related?

ANYWAY, HERE IS THE UPDATE

Changelog:

-Added the latest version of all maps (and SpaceShip older dublicate was deleted)

-Added music for maps which doesn't have any (also Wolf3D map have the remixed version of D_EVIL. If you dislike this - I'll remove it)

-Added compressed sounds for PLANE map which reduced size from ~70 Mb to ~31 Mb (niiiiiice)

-Added titlepic and interpic (well, they possibly suck, but it's better than use stock Doom 2 images)

-Updated credits file

-I don't know WTF is going on with ACS scripts on few maps (map01 and map15 for sure). They need to be fixed. Ideas? :\

-HUB MAP? PLEASE?

UPD: Here is the video of my map in both versions - original and packed into this pk3

Well, this is embarasing. I was working on to fixing the issues myself, but you were able to outrun me. Anyways,  I'll send you a zip of a custom sky for my map (moody night) and an mp3 of the song I wanted to use for it. 

94smapresources.zip <- there it is.

@DeXiaZ @94's the best style

I downloaded the updated pk3 that was linked on Saturday, so I'm reasonably sure I have the most up-to-date copy.

1. I love the title screen. I don't where you got it, but it's awesome, in my opinion. Now we just need a title...

2. I like the intermission screens, although I think I liked the red a bit more than the green marble. Something about the green marble just always said Baron of Hell to me. Perhaps it's just ingrained thoughts from Doom and Doom 2.

3. Did we want to have special music during the tally screens or between maps?

I played through some of the levels using a variety of regular play, god mode, idkfa, and no clipping to get an idea for them.

I came across a few things (and I do not consider this to be a complete list):

Map01 exits back to the beginning of Map01.

Map03 exits to the end screen (with the cast of characters that would normally display after finishing Map30).

Map04 exits back to the beginning of Map04.

There is what appears to be a missing texture in Map05 (the red lit "ledge" near the start, with the line of hell knights in it).

Map09 exits to the end screen.

Map10 exits back to the beginning of Map10.

Map12 exits to the end screen.

Map13 exits to the end screen.

The boss health meter doesn't appear on Map15 (also, the ceiling texture above the super shotgun is misaligned, but maybe that was on purpose).

Map16 exits back to the beginning of Map16.

Edited by Pegleg : Add Map05 note and point 3.

On 5/25/2018 at 3:07 PM, 94's the best style said:

This. The whole thing is a joke wad anyway, it wasn't designed to be the next big thing in megawad history, in fact, it shouldn't have taken longer than a month!

My two cents on this:

This mapset may have started out life as a joke wad, but I think there are a number of designers who took this quite seriously and tried to produce high quality maps within the guidelines.

The fact that it has taken longer than a month is testament to the fact that people did take the maps they were making for this megawad seriously.

Gave this a playthrough and noticed the script errors, patched them up since I saw you guys weren't sure why they were acting up.

For future reference: Global ACS (ACS loaded through LOADACS) needs to be compiled using ACC.

Not even really sure what fixed map 15 but after tinkering around it now works. The boss bar isn't centered but it now exists along with the lightning.

Fixed a bunch of errors popping up from MAPINFO as well.. Not sure if it had any positive/negative effect. There was more small decorate errors but I'll let you guys decide if they're worth fixing.

TLDR ACS now works.

Also no exit as far as I could find on the Airship map.. Unless you're supposed to just become the captain and roam the skies for eternity. 

Had good fun with a few of the maps,

Cheers and thanks for making the WAD.

https://mega.nz/#!SG5iiAYK!6TcHwLZaW6x9algH4KmKRZubEWwMCw0zsO09isvC0No

3 hours ago, MegaBlast said:

Also no exit as far as I could find on the Airship map.. Unless you're supposed to just become the captain and roam the skies for eternity.

I also noticed that there was no exit, but I just figured I couldn't find it.

Although roaming the skies as the captain of a zeppelin would certainly be a unique ending for a Doom wad.

@94's the best style

It just occurred to me that with the newly compiled version linked in Megablast's post, do you want to rename the thread to Alpha 3? Or did you want to wait until the hub map arrives to have a Beta release?

Edited by Pegleg : Alpha 3 comment.

I didn't saw Megablast's stream live sadly, buf after watching a bit of the VoD, i guess i gotta make some changes to my submission, i didn't realized the buzzer sound would be that annoying... in hindsight it should have been pretty obvious that it would get irritating soon -.-'

I gotta change that and make some adjustments to make the map less annoying to play, i'll upload a better version tonight when i get home

I have feeling that someone added old version of the map, because those three dudes were very fast, but I'll fix map anyway. 

Edit: I mean, in newest version they were made to be fast. 

Edited by Myst.Haruko

@Pegleg @MegaBlast

Hmm, i made a simple script that ended the map once you killed the red baron, but it was a custom monsters just for my map, i'll check if it was removed or if the script got skewed but as soon as you killed the red baron in the cockpit the level should have ended.

2 hours ago, DerFurer'sFace said:

@Pegleg @MegaBlast

Hmm, i made a simple script that ended the map once you killed the red baron, but it was a custom monsters just for my map, i'll check if it was removed or if the script got skewed but as soon as you killed the red baron in the cockpit the level should have ended.

You should have mentioned that, it must have gotten overlooked.

I just watched some of the recording of MegaBlast's stream. There were three things of interest (to me, at least).

1. The music on at least some of the maps seemed very low. I know that when I uploaded the revised version of my map, the music played at a normal level, so I don't know if something happened during the final compilation to cause the volume to be lower, but it may need to be fixed.

2. One of the viewers commented, "The creators of these maps are insane."

3. I noticed a couple things that need to be fixed on my map. It looks like jumping could avoid some of the fights. I'll fix that. And some of the textures need to be aligned. I'll fix that, too. I'll upload a revised map in the next few days.

14 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

I just watched some of the recording of MegaBlast's stream. There were three things of interest (to me, at least).

1. The music on at least some of the maps seemed very low. I know that when I uploaded the revised version of my map, the music played at a normal level, so I don't know if something happened during the final compilation to cause the volume to be lower, but it may need to be fixed.

3. I noticed a couple things that need to be fixed on my map. It looks like jumping could avoid some of the fights. I'll fix that. And some of the textures need to be aligned. I'll fix that, too. I'll upload a revised map in the next few days.

Also not all maps were played, I just skimmed through so I don't know if they knew it or not, but it's fair to note.

The situation reminds me of TNT:Revilution where some bugs popped out near the release, and then postponement.
But this mapset have many ZDoom-maps, which can cause more problems and better testing.

On 5/26/2018 at 5:25 PM, DeXiaZ said:

ANYWAY, HERE IS THE UPDATE (re-updated, lol)

Changelog:

-Updated credits file

-HUB MAP? PLEASE?

Is this map based on the Painkiller boss fight with the massive zombie in the graveyard? Even the little gazebos with the weapons look the same

1 hour ago, Pegleg said:

That stream was one of the funniest things I have seen in a while. That airship level ... WWWEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Edit* sorry for the double post

Watched MegaBlast's vod - I think I need to tune some of the encounters in my map to be less tedious. Also, is there any way to make moving floors silent besides putting a silent sound in the wad?

Edited by Rolpa : Phones suck for typing

yeah someone wanna link these streams?

found it, not sure if my map was good or too hard but i tried with the railings, maybe should have trimmed those railings a bit cleaner.

Edited by DerFurer'sFace

5 minutes ago, Rolpa said:

Watched MegaBlast's vpd - I think I need to tune some of the encounters in my map to be less tedious. Also, is there any way to make moving floors silent besides putting a silent sound in the was?

You could make a sector way outside the map and join that with the sector you want to be silent. The sound will come from the midpoint between those 2 parts of the sector, which will be outside the map so you won't hear it.

15 minutes ago, Major Arlene said:

Does anyone know where the first part of the stream is? I can only find the one that starts on map 10

14 minutes ago, DerFurer'sFace said:

yeah someone wanna link these streams?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/269171539

48k HK starts at the hour and 16 min mark

I found it.

yeah, I more or less expected that reaction, but of course this was the old version of my map too. I’ll double check my moddb link to see if I accidentally uploaded the old version and get it to you guys ASAP 

Also something really weird happened to my map, when he played in zdoom, looked fine in gzdoom, not sure how to fix that.

I double checked the map based off of megaBlast's upload, in gdoom the map works fine (as for red floor glitch), i think my map should be labeled as a gzdoom only map, i'll go back and make some tweaks, but idk about the zdoom compatability.

Edited by DerFurer'sFace

Hm, odd. Figured the red 3d floor outside the airship was a bug.

For debugging purposes: I played with GZDoom 3.3.2 and not ZDoom. Hope that helps you track it down.

Try not to take my criticism too heavily on the maps, there is definitely some gameplay tuning that could be done but in the end just make something you find fun.