Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

What are you playing now?

3 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

the mapset has been either bad or not that bad, with the few good maps being "outstanding" compared to the rest.

Oh yeah, I've mostly enjoyed it; and in general I think the levels get better with each episode.

23 hours ago, Salt-Man Z said:

Oh yeah, I've mostly enjoyed it; and in general I think the levels get better with each episode.

They do, the 4th episode had the best map imo, specifically E4M6. Too bad the episode ended very poorly, I mean...

Spoiler

DOOM0003.png.193c8b709f1a5084b6b928cf57aa20b6.png

I'm playing Bloodstain, glboom+ complevel 9, Ultra-Violence. These first maps have been really short and quite action based, and I sense the oncoming maps will rely a lot in claustrophobic rooms, those where you react fast or die unexpectedly. Monsters should be dying unexpectedly not me D:<

Starting tomorrow I'm gonna begin a playthrough of all of the currently available Abyssal Speedmapping Sessions using Trailblazer 1.4c, LegenDoom Lite 2.0, Colorful Hell 0.931, and Mikk's Champions Mod 2.1.

Started playing Slaughter until Death skill level 2. Died horribly on the first level by death of a thousand very small cuts. Went into doombuilder and saw that it was by like a tenth of the strength on ultra violence. Recorded with ultimate doom as an -iwad .

https://ufile.io/vtt22

Earth by R Ritenour. FDA Map01 skill level 2. Started kiting around a baron of hell for three minutes, then I went into a cave and realized there was no need to save ammo. Pierced by a chaingunner, then I grabbed the red key and took a Revenant rocket to the face. I was finished off by a second chaingunner trying to locate the first offender. Complevel 2 Doom2.iwad

https://uploadfiles.io/

Gonna start Unholy Realms from @galileo31dos01 list of suggestions sometime today after finishing the disappointing Stardate 20x7.

@Agent6 Hope you like it, there's a lot in UR to entertain yourself in its short maps, if you're fan of cramped combat.

--------------------------------

I, on the other side, want to play Revilution once and for all, so that's what I'm getting as a change of pace, after the overcramped convoluted walls-of-barons (etc) that became Bloodstain near the end, still not that bad. 

Oh hey, it's me again, bumping this thread for the peeps. 

I'm about to play Kuchitsu by Memfis, with crispy. Considering how short the maps are, I might play the whole in sequence tonight and replay it on pistol start tomorrow not to loose the intended experience explicitly stated in the text file. Heh, I have my own principles when it comes to "continuous", though, I've never felt so under control by a text file before lol jk. 

Since I'm here... after Kuchitsu, it will be either Elmlea Single or Slaughterfest 2011, and something like Hexen or System Vices in the middle.

Goodbye. 

I'm playing through Wonderful Doom with the latest Colorful Hell beta, LegenDoom Lite, Champions, Trailblazer, and zEpisodic mods.

Mainly playing through Wonderful Doom with these to test out some issues I was having with Champions and zEpisodic earlier with 2002: A Doom Odyssey. Come to find out there's something in the last weapon mod I was using, Doom Incarnate, that conflicts a bit with both Champions and zEpisodic. Also playing with these mods to try to replicate a crash-to-console bug I encountered twice in the past with Champions so I can screenshot it and report it.

I'm playing Mayhem 2016 blind for DWMC. Also I've been recording as I play (these are sort of an FDA except I use saves & loads for when I die so I always finish the level). Some maps took me a long time and quite a few deaths to finish! Here's the full playlist so far:

Playing Base Ganymede, it looks pretty cool at times, but lord have mercy is the author stingy with health. Not very mod friendly.

This is probably gonna be overkill on my part but I'm gonna be playing with Doomzone and with levelsets that have patches for the mod. I'm also gonna be playing through those WADs with each class. I'm gonna start with the Doom Tribute Project as Support.

EDIT: Yeah not going as far as playing through each WAD as each class. That's thirteen classes per WAD and there's eleven patches that come with the Doomzone zip file. I think instead I'm gonna do a class per WAD.

Edited by Nems : change of plans lol

I haven't been playing much the last week and a half.  I did get Alien Vendetta finished, started testing a map for Elmle, and replaying Stardate 20x6 on HMP.  I've never played any Ribbiks stuff on HMP, or anything on HMP for that matter so it's nice to see the work into balancing.

Over the past week or so, I've gone through Strain, Nihility, Alien Vendetta (wow, the third 'episode' of that turns into crap), and just finished replaying Evilution a few hours ago. Probably going to go through Hell Revealed next, I think.

Playing through Doom 2 Redux with Doomzone as the Support class again.

I'm still playing Mayhem 2016 and also doing some testing. Most of my time in DooM lately ends up on my YT channel (Francis T18) so I sort of guess 'look on my channel' is a running answer to the thread's title question.

I've finished Speed Of Doom ~3 days ago, spiced up with Russian Overkill and Ketchup plugins.

Right now I'm replaying Hell on Earth Starter Pack wad with Project brutality plugin for god-knows-which-time.

Currently playing through Dimension of the Boomed RC2 with the Doomzone mod as the Gunner. After that, I'm gonna play through Requiem with the same mod and class.

Trying to play this bloody castlevania mod but it crashes more than the short bus. Really enjoying this Quake Champions classic doom edition, going to try mixing it with other mods and see what I get. 

On episode 3 of Base Ganymede via Crispy Doom, using low detail and a PSX aesthetic mod, very nicely fitting.

About to start Maskim Xul with glboom+, I've been pushing this wad for so long and now I can't wait to start playing it. Other stuff I played since my last post were Slaughterfest 2011, not a delightful experience though; Heroes' Tales, this was very fun, save for a few specific shenanigans with archviles; Elmlea Single, just lol. 

I've been tackling Hexen too, advancing very slowly, basically saving after every portal in case Chocolate crashes :P

Well that was short, and awesome, everyone should give Maskim a try, it's truly spooky. Now I'm going to (finally) try Zone 300, using crispy 5.2. It's another wad I've been pushing for months because #ShortMaps sometimes leave me the impression of something missing or incomplete. That won't happen this time hopefully. 

Playing through Dark Universe Part 1 and Dark Encounters using the Doomzone mod, playing as the Tactician class for both WADs.

I'm playing Hell to Pay. Those custom models didn't age well, but main layouts looks good, midi ost still sounds sweet for me.