Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
One Doomed Bunny

Change Class via ACS?

Question

Greetings,

So, today I got an idea for something. For example from MAP01 to MAP05 the player would have the Doomguy class. From MAP05 to MAP10 the player would have a Doomgal class (This is just an example). So is there any way that I could make a Script OPEN and type in a command that would allow me to change the class automaticaly without me having to change it via concole or anthing like that. You finish MAP05 and in next map you are a different class.

Any help would be appriciated!

-One Doomed Bunny

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, One Doomed Bunny said:

player start was tagged with 1.

Tagging a player start doesn't give the tag to the player. Use tag 0 in MorphActor so that the player who activated the script will be affected.

Duration is necessarily finite. You can merely set it much higher than how much time you expect players to spend in the game. Duration 1048576 will last 8 hours. Maximum possible value is 2147483647, which will last 2 years.

22 hours ago, dmg_64 said:

You can use MorphActor to change a Player's class, examples and details in the linked page.

Okay so some time has passed and I am not able to get this working...Oh scripting and I...

This is what I typed in the script editor:

script 1 (void)
{
  int morphed = MorphActor(1, "Bill", "", 1048576, 0, "", "");
}

Is there something I did wrong?i tried it with OPEN and Void. When I pass the line with the SCRIPT EXECUTE command it does not work. Hmmm...

And yes I did the old sanity check to see if my player start was tagged with 1.

What am I doing wrong?

-One Doomed Bunny

Edited by One Doomed Bunny

1 hour ago, scifista42 said:

Tagging a player start doesn't give the tag to the player. Use tag 0 in MorphActor so that the player who activated the script will be affected.

Thanks that was the mistake I made *facepalm*.

Also just asking. Is the time that is in my script set to infinite already or is there a specific number to set the time to infinite? 

1 hour ago, scifista42 said:

Duration is necessarily finite. You can merely set it much higher than how much time you expect players to spend in the game. Duration 1048576 will last 8 hours. Maximum possible value is 2147483647, which will last 2 years.

Damm thats a lot... Thanks again!