Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Starkiller

What is the worst movie/movies you have ever seen?

For me, it would have to be the Fred movie trilogy. You remember Fred, that shrieking, chipmunk voiced manchild that had the first million subscribers on Youtube, and dropped in popularity after people had the realization that Fred is a huge fad? He had three movies made as a result, each as awful like the previous. The only redeeming qualities the movies have is having John Cena in it as Fred's Dad, I thought his appearance was some of the few good parts of the movies, and having a good movie game where you try not to laugh or get disgusted. 

I also have the Jaw's sequels that I haven't watched yet, but I heard they are pretty bad. Jaws 4 especially.

It's hard to name the worst one, Halloween: Resurrection was pretty terrible. 

To take my mind off of it I plan on watching Jersey Shore Shark Attack tonight. I'm sure that will be way better.

I've been asked to see a lot of terrible movies by people. There's a lot of trash that will never get seen.

Check Point is a movie so bad it doesn't have a wiki or at least it didn't when I watched it. It has a bunch of famous stuntmen (actors that played Jason, new Mike Meyers, 2+ pro wrestlers, a martial arts star) and its headed by one of the B players from the Shield. Its production value is low, such as you can hear the background wind blowing when I've never heard real background wind in a movie... maybe ever.

What's the plot? A tough guy pimp and a hooker mastermind stealing a museum of a battleship and sailing it to the White House with their army of mercenaries. The hero / protagonist's back story is so sympathetic its unintentional comedy. A war veteran returned home to discover his pregnant wife, child, inlaws and their dog... were hit by a tornado. This is all back story and never seen.

The movie is cursed to the point someone died between the 4 months that the movie was filmed to when it was put out to the public.

Is it the worst ever? No... Is it the worst I've seen in a decade? Yes.

End Game with Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle and Playboy model Jenna Marasca is terrible. Flat acting, like 4 - 6 characters, an ending that makes no sense. If I remember correctly, its a crime drama about some sex fiend stalking his last murder victim's roommate. Its an awkward movie. No one can act. Its like pieces of wood on screen for 90 minutes. Want me to spoil it for you? I bet you want me to spoil it for you. If you don't want no spoilers... stop reading. Someone's seemingly autistic 6 year old daughter who appears like 75% of the way through the movie kills the murderer. $20 budget. Sets feel cheap.

Is it the worst ever? Oh its actually up there...

Raising Jeffrey Dahmer probably still has to be the worst movie I've ever seen. Cast of 3 people, 1 of which was the director, writer and star. This isn't about Jeffrey Dahmer... its about his father. Flat acting, great, true subject matter that's just an afterthought with how terrible it is. I had a girlfriend that would make me watch a lot of serial killer movies no matter how disastrous they were.

Keep in mind I still watched these movies all the way through. Most movies that I get bored with I try to watch them like 2 or 3 times before I just give up.

... as for Jersey Shore Shark Attack, I saw it years ago when it first came out to Sci-Fi. I don't remember liking it, but it was more tolerable than a lot of Sci-Fi Network stuff. I've been forced to watch a lot of those movies and its like while they're "bad" or trying to be bad and campy, there are far worse movies out there.

Other notable bad movies (but not the worst) that come to mind: Snow White: A Deadly Summer, Inconceivable "an erotic thriller somehow with Nicholas Cage," The Titan, Beyond Skyline, Seth McFarlane's Cavalcade of Cartoon Comedy (it counts as a movie right? 100 of the worst cartoon shorts you'll ever see) and I'll stop there.

Edited by geo

If I am to talk about slashers, I will first talk about my favourite series. I was really disappointed with Jason goes to Hell: the Final Friday (what they did to Jason in this movie is probably the worst form of rape they can do on a character). Let me not talk about Jason X, OK???

Another series with similar problems is Halloween. I found the alternate timeline of films (H20 and Resurrection) to be really forgettable.

And later movies in Hellraiser were pretty bad. Iirc, they were not meant to be Hellraiser from the beginning of their creation.

Also, surprise surprise, the Room. It is hard to put it here, considering that I had a really fun time with it (I couldn't stop laughing).

Additionally, put some Stallone films here, like Rambo 4 or Rocky 5, because they were boring as hell. Generally, longer series tend to get boring and repetitive (if only they wouldn't milk slashers till they are absolutely dry).

Avatar the last Airbender too was really sucky and I couldn't digest it even if I watched just the review of it.

Finally, I will mention a Greek movie, because it was horrible.

It is called: Attack of the Giant Mousakas iirc and it is what the title implies. Some aliens come to Earth (horrible effects on the UFO) and they take a piece of mousakas and turn it into a giant living creature, that starts moving around like a worm, killing everyone it finds, by absorbing them or throwing potatoes that cause third degree burns on the victim. IT WAS HORRIBLE!!!

Alien vs Hunter was the first “scary” movie I was ever allowed to see. Even at 11 years old I realized it was complete shit to the point of being furious that I ever bothered to watch it; the only saving grace being that it was a rental and I could take it back the next day. Awful actors, forgettable plot to the point in not sure it had one, and beginning credits filtered over a shot of a guy silently walking down a road for about five to seven minutes have burned themselves into my brain.

Taking Earth was really bad, and lends credence to the view that Netflix will take just about anything nowadays. I quit after about 20 minutes, not because I didn't realize earlier it was probably a turd, but because I thought it was surely going to get better (but it just got worse). Far more unwatchable than, e.g., Plan 9 from Outer Space or even Human Centipede 3. Some of the scenery was nice, but then they should have just filmed it for the Landscape Channel.

Evil Dead 1981

Friday the 13th Part 9: Jason Goes To Hell

The Room

Robocop 3

Batman v Superman

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

The Room is best watched with other people, or with rifftrax. I can't imagine just watching it on your own like it was any other film.

I saw it with Rifftrax Live. Even with the guys, the crowd and my friends it was hard to make it through. 

Now, I seriously do NOT recommend this movie, since it is the most sickening thing I've ever seen.

The film is Debris Documentar, by this German director called Marian Dora. All his films are similar (in that they involve real animal cruelty [which is ironic since Dora is apparently a vegetarian], shit, needless violence and attempts to make an "artistic" statement). However, DD takes this to another level. In 70-odd minutes, it managed to make me vomit a good 5 times.

There's no plot - we only follow the main man as he alternates between two different scenarios: shooting his own film (which isn't vile, just boring as fuck) and then doing the crap he enjoys indulging in (which IS vile). I'm not even gonna tell you what this guy does. Just watch otoobach's reaction to the film. It pretty much sums the film up excellently.

What I hate the most about this film, and Dora himself, is that he argues that his films are artistic and whatnot. Apparently, DD is meant to represent the cycle of life, but my response to that is: You can do a film about the cycle of life WITHOUT nauseating the audience. If you want to show / tell people a message with your film, simultaneously making people want to turn it off is NOT the way to convey it.

Talking about proper films, I'd say Superman IV is the worst.

Edited by Poncho

i've seen lots of crappy movies, but i'll go with the worst ones i've seen on theater since they are more infuriating when you pay to see them on the big screen. The worse i've ever seen on a movie theater was "The Collector", piece of shit movie, i hated it, generic torture horror movie, can't remember why we ended seeing that movie, but we saw it on the big screen and we all agreed it was a piece of shit once we left home. On 2nd place comes "Wrath of the titans", all i can remember about the plot was that it was stupid and it gave me headache

Honorable mention goes to Batman V Superman, i hated that movie, but maybe it was a blessing in disguise, since ever i saw that movie, i stopped putting expectations on movies, so i pretty much go to the movies watching with low expectations

The Fantastic Four movie from 2005. I usually try to avoid bad movies, so there surely are much worse movies. But this one stuck with me as a waste of time.

if im at a cinema then even the worst movie possible will probably make me cry at its majesty and its score and stuff

even if it's the sequel to 300

and if im watching a film alone i will just turn it off if it sucks

so i can't think of an answer

maybe one of the james bond films, those are terrible. but i couldn't name one in particular

there was a time when i was just checking oldish classic movies all the time

i thought the wild bunch and the conversation were two of the coolest things i'd ever seen and still do

Skyline. Period. I saw it in the theatre and have been upset about spending that money since. For the plot: take a really bad sci-fi fanfic and make a movie out of it. As I remember, all the characters sucked, so there was no investment there. The aliens were ridiculous, using human brains as CPU's to power their forces? How the hell did they get to Earth in the first place? The ending was straight out of the aforementioned really bad fanfic. The guy's brain gets taken out and put into a drone, then he takes it over to protect his girlfriend in the same ship. Yeah, sure.

The best character and scene of the movie? The B2 carrying that nuke that did fuck all against the alien ship because it just spontaneously repaired itself.

300 Rise of an Empire did not match up to 300 in the slightest. It was too crazy, and 300 was crazy enough.

15 minutes ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Skyline. Period. I saw it in the theatre and have been upset about spending that money since. For the plot: take a really bad sci-fi fanfic and make a movie out of it. As I remember, all the characters sucked, so there was no investment there. The aliens were ridiculous, using human brains as CPU's to power their forces? How the hell did they get to Earth in the first place? The ending was straight out of the aforementioned really bad fanfic. The guy's brain gets taken out and put into a drone, then he takes it over to protect his girlfriend in the same ship. Yeah, sure.

The best character and scene of the movie? The B2 carrying that nuke that did fuck all against the alien ship because it just spontaneously repaired itself.

300 Rise of an Empire did not match up to 300 in the slightest. It was too crazy, and 300 was crazy enough.

In theater? Yikes. Was the crowd asking themselves questions about the ending? All the characters? I think there were 4 or 5. The sequel is unwatchably worse.

If you want worst movies that made it to theater... how about Mortal Kombat: Annihilation or The Spirit (Sin City spin off)? What about Lady in the Water? I don't think that was the worst in theater movie, but I saw the boom mic twice in the theatrical version... but edited out for DVD. It was so bad... out of the 15+ people there... one guy decided to take a phone call "yeah I'm just in the theater watching some shitty movie."

Edited by geo

Crowd? What crowd? There were six people in the entire theatre, and one was asleep the whole time!

I've seen a copy of the sequel in Walmart, but I don't have the audacity to spend fifteen dollars to watch it.

I'd probably end up like this:

hqdefault.jpg

I saw Batman v Superman in the theatre, too and that thing was jam-packed. It was also the last time I got to hang out with all minus one of my high school friends. I thought it was fine, but it got too busy later on, I thought. They should've waited on Doomsday.

AvP:R.

Heh, I actually think the 2004 movie was pretty good. Not amazing, but good enough. The sequel? Pure garbage. Terrible plot with many holes (how was the Predalien able to impregnate humans with embryos at will without needing the classic Facehuggers for instance), mediocre use of lightning, bad "actors", and so on. At least it was good to see idiots getting killed, that's always fun.

Beside this one, another garbage movie I've seen was Bad Moon. I remember I was on a werewolf movie hunt at the time and watched almost if not all movies I could find on Wikipedia at the time, and this one was by far the absolute worst from that list. The "Bad" word in the title is very representative of the abysmal "quality".

There's not many bad movies I've actually watched tbh, considering that I prefer to just avoid them altogether, but these 2 take the highest spots in the list.

Worst worst or best worst?

As for best worst, there's quite a few in contention for me, but if I had to pick just one, it would be Samurai Cop:

As for worst worst, that might be The Curse of Count Chocula (which you'll have to write to the director to get a copy of):

I'm what you might call a "connoisseur" of bad movies.

The worst movie I've seen is none other then The Lucky Dragon, and I can't believe that it was also the most unknown movie of all time.

Holy shit. Most of the movies mentioned on here are pure garbage. I should try to avoid them, or torture myself on a bad movie night.

4 hours ago, Poncho said:

Talking about proper films, I'd say Superman IV is the worst.

Superman IV: The Quest for Peace? Should've been renamed Superman IV: The Quest for Piss instead. 

Let Me Make You a Martyr, pretentious art film that has nothing of insight to offer, just shitty people doing shitty drugs and really awful writing, such a waste of fucking time, and Marilyn Manson was barely in it.

Surf Nazis Must Die

Waiting

North

Alien vs Predator 2

It's Pat

Howard the Duck

@TheGamePhilosophe Samurai Cop is decent, but way overrated. If you like that then you should watch The Miami Connection, which is an 80s action movie about cocaine dealing ninjas who get into a turf war with a rock and roll band who practice Tae Kwon Do. It's by far one of the best bad movies ever made. 

@Mr. Freeze All of the Fantastic Four movies are bad, but Rise of the Silver Surfer is easily the best. At least the Silver Surfer himself was handled fairly well. 

20 minutes ago, Ajora said:

Surf Nazis Must Die

Waiting

North

Alien vs Predator 2

It's Pat

Howard the Duck

I saw North once, thinking all the hate it gets is harsh, but I was wrong. Everything about North sucks. About every character is stupid and unlikable, stereotypes of the different families that can be considered racist, an absurdly stupid plot, waste of good acting, unfunny jokes, and overall a cold-hearted insulting piece of shit with a family movie paintjob over it.

Honestly, the only good thing to come out of North is the Siskel & Ebert review. I always enjoy it when the two bring out their dislike on that movie.

Its Pat and Howard the Duck are bad. I saw Howard the Duck with a friend 10 years ago after not seeing it for like 20 years. It was still bad... but the lightning special effects were pretty awesome. My friend loves the movie.

A Serbian Film. It's just.... no.

A disgusting film you should never watch. It's so edgy it cuts.

I just read the plot on Wikipedia. Big mistake.

That's got to be one of the most horrific things I've ever read.

Anyway, +1 for AVP Requiem. I saw that in theatres, too. I was 11 at the time and expecting something more along the lines of AVP, like an action film. Nope. This went for raw horror. But, yeah, even looking at it now, it was still a shit film. 11% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes should say it all for it.

Some years ago I watched Macbeth, featuring the likes of Ian McKellan (Macbeth) & Judy Dench (Lady Macbeth). Macbeth is my favorite work by Wm Shakespeare, and I had great expectations from the top-tier actors. Instead, I got a shitty show with rotten production value. Basically, it’s a play with a couple of actors dressed in black & seated on the stage in spotlight circles, with black drapes in the background. No Dunsinane Hill. No Birnam Wood creeping to the castle. No vanquishing. F*cking wasted my time!

You all need to google Foodfight! and then be grateful you aren't RL friends of mine, because if you were, I would have forced you to watch it with me, by now :)

(though frankly, Foodfight!'s terribleness is a more watchable terribleness - if only in a car crash kind of way - than that of many other, technically less awful films I've seen)

E.T and Indiana jones Lost Ark and North by the northwest comes to mind