Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Avoozl

What TV series did you watch recently

On 27/03/2018 at 9:24 AM, geo said:

Better Call Saul: season 3 was interesting, because the first season was dull and coasting on success of Breaking Bad. I don't remember much about season 2 other than the climaxes and the ways they escalated things only to have them go right back to where they were in season 3. They still have this uncanny way of writing themselves out of things and crossing line, before jumping back over into safety. They ended on another cliffhanger, which I'm sure they'll spend the first 4 episodes of season 4 resetting the series like nothing happened.

I don't think there's an episode of that show that isn't spectacular. It's easily my favourite current TV series. 

I'm watching the remastered version of Blackadder, the BBC TV series featuring Rowan Atkinson, Tony Robinson, Stephen Fry, and others.

Although I am a huge fan of Rowan Atkinson, I'm not finding Blackadder to be funny in the same way as his other work, which I have almost universally found to be  hilarious. Still, I'm only in the first series (season), so I'm holding out hope for it to get better.

On 4/2/2018 at 1:48 PM, BJ34 said:

I watch an Amazing World Of Gumball. One of the best shows.

Kinda stopped watching after season 3. Doesnt feel right after that tbh :/

Does anime count? If yes then I watched all of Cowboy Bebop for the first time the past few months.

I saw Lost in Space. I enjoyed it a lot a lot.

I tried to get back to watching Dark Matter. The magic is gone I guess?

11 hours ago, Grain of Salt said:

Wrong, Joseph is the best.

I know he's very popular, but I really have no idea why. He's a cocky lunatic who refuses to take responsibility for anything. 

Edited by Ajora

Evil Geniuses is a damn good 4 hour documentary about "The Pizza Bomber." Allow me to entice you. A real life bank robbery in 2004 where a man walked into a bank and walked out with cash. When cops caught him he had a bomb around his neck. That's only the start. This is a 10 - 15 year long case to find out what really happened. It would make a great movie... if the reality wasn't so much crazier than any movie.

Edited by geo

Just finished watching Angel Beats. It took awhile for the show to really get going, but the final episodes were unbelievably heartfelt and are going to be sticking with me for a long time. It's an incredible series that I'll never forget. 

Don't watch TV hardly at all because 99% of everything on sucks. Only BBC and Science channels have anything worth watching on a regular basis.

Anyway, the last show and episode I saw was MLP: FiM, latest episode (S8 E11, I think).

1 hour ago, Chewyninja69 said:

Better Call Saul, season 3 finale.

Best show on TV right now. At least that I've seen. I'm looking way more forward to the next season of that than I am of Game of Thrones. Jimmy McGill is the man.

edit: Whoops, I've already stated a lot of this. My apologies for being redundant. 

4 minutes ago, Ajora said:

Best show on TV right now. At least that I've seen. I'm looking way more forward to the next season of that than I am of Game of Thrones. Jimmy McGill is the man.

edit: Whoops, I've already stated a lot of this. My apologies for being redundant. 

I don't have cable, so I catch everything on Netflix/Prime. Usually means I'm a season behind. Which sucks because Better Call Saul's season 3 ended, in my mind, with one of the most "they really did that?" moments in recent memory, imo.

I recently started watching The Wire and I'm eight episodes in. I've often read that the series takes a long time getting started, and I can definitely see that. But every episode keeps pulling me in more and more, and the more I watch it, the more I love it. 

I've already seen a little over half of Futurama, and thought I'd watch the final season. It's kind of reaffirmed my longstanding belief that the show is good but far from great. The only truly great episode I've seen so far was the season premiere, and several of the episodes have been duds. As with many others, I love the zany characters and fantastic memes, but there's a very large quota of jokes that just don't land. I also feel kind of bad for Zoidberg in general. 

40 minutes ago, Ajora said:

I've already seen a little over half of Futurama, and thought I'd watch the final season. It's kind of reaffirmed my longstanding belief that the show is good but far from great. The only truly great episode I've seen so far was the season premiere, and several of the episodes have been duds. As with many others, I love the zany characters and fantastic memes, but there's a very large quota of jokes that just don't land. I also feel kind of bad for Zoidberg in general. 

Are you watching the original run, or including the revival seasons? I remember enjoying all but a few episodes of the original run, but everything I saw of the revival was painfully bad.

3 hours ago, esselfortium said:

Are you watching the original run, or including the revival seasons? I remember enjoying all but a few episodes of the original run, but everything I saw of the revival was painfully bad.

To my knowledge season 5 is the movie season (I've watched all of them. They were all just okay) and season 6 is the revival season. I haven't seen any of season 6. I just went straight to season 7, which is the last. 

I'm currently watching Death in Paradise. It is somewhat predictable, but what crime drama isn't, but the setting is nice and Kris Marshall's performance is brilliant. Sadly he left after series 6. I'm not sure if I'll keep watching the later episodes without him.

I was finally able to watch the last few episodes of Bloodline, and uh, wow. After such an intense story and build-up, the show just... stops. It doesn't end, it stops. Nebulous endings and cliff-hangers are one thing, bullshit "conclusions" are another. 

Apparently its been a while since I've dumped all the TV watching on this thread. I got burnt out from watching movies so here we go...

GLOW season 2 was a lot of fun like the first. There's more drama about the on screen show while the original had drama about getting the company going. Its still fun, funny and an easy replacement to Orange is the New Black, because wow they're such similar shows. The 30 minute run time of each episode makes these an easy watch. They even tossed out the GLOW behind the scenes show for their own episode of GLOW as if you were watching the show from the 80s.

SUPER MANSION season 3 and then 1 - 3 all over again. These too are a lot of fun and the only reason to ever watch Crackle. The down side are the commercials, the up side is these are rapid fire super hero jokes. I can say that I like season 3 less than the first two as the cast has ballooned worse than the Simpsons... because with the Simpsons, Bumble Bee Man, the Sea Captain, Skinner, Apu and others aren't living with the Simpsons and need to be seen each episode. Even with commercials, these go by fast. I assume Crackle is dying, because season 3 felt like it wrapped up quick.

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY ... if you like TNG, DS9 and Voyager... throw that out the window, because its nothing like those shows. Its fantastic sci-fi... but not Trek. If anything its more like Enterprise. This is a series focused on a single character, but I guess that can be argued about every Star Trek. The first four episodes felt like they were trying to get people to hate Star Trek. It was super serious and all about war and made me think... ya happy DS9 fans? All your war mongering ruined this series. Then its like the viewers filed complaints about how hatable everyone on the cast is and poof in an instant everything was just so much better. The characters didn't hate one another. There was less intense drama and it was fun. The first and second halves of the season are broken into two different storylines. The second one felt far better, but I can only imagine this being someone's first Trek they'd be so confused by the second half. Then the final episode of that second half they capped off the first half and tied up lose ends with a stupid, and anti-climactic solution. Well worth the $10 I paid... even though I swear CBS was supposed to give me a free 1 week trial and never did.

Another interesting thing to the show is their bridge crew is all there... but in the background. The captain and first officer are in the cast, while the other 4 or 5 are lucky if they have a single line.

THE ORVILLE ... is something if you like Trek, this is Trek. This is more Trek than Trek. I saw it 6 or so months ago and its a lot of fun to watch and I'm amazed it has a second season coming for how much it probably cost in special effects. The Orville really beat Discovery to the punch by having a gay character first... by having a red headed helmsman first... by having a synthetic organism science officer first... the parallels are amazing.

I'll end this on the highest note with KOBRA KAI is fantastic. Probably the best TV I've seen all year. Lots of humor and drama wrapped into 30 minute episodes which helps it go by fast. The real shame is that Sony put it on Youtube Red. I would assume Sony would put it on Crackle, since that's their streaming service, but whatever. As many millions of people have Netflix, I doubt anyone cares to buy into Youtube Red.

JESSICA JONES season 2 is something that I knew would be a let down for me, because I was so high on that first season. I think someone would thought it was fun to have an orphan with super powers go from a mind controlling super villain to hanging out with her not dead mother for half the season. Maybe I'm just not in the target demographic for this super heroine where manipulating men and monster mothers are big issues. This season felt long. I was ready for it to end. It wasn't captivating and it was a struggle to watch. If this was the first season, I wouldn't watch the second.

The Sopranos. Finally, I made it!

Really nice TV show. R.I.P. James Gandolfini.

Most recent made series that I finished was Dragonball Super. A lot of people complained about it, so out of curiosity I tried it and was instantly hooked, found it to be a perfect continuation from the end of Dragonball / DBZ. Far superior to GT, in my opinion.

Loved Breaking Bad, still yet to watch Better Call Saul but it's on my radar. Also keen to give The Orville a spin as I'm a big fan of TNG, TOS and DS9.

As far as TV shows, that's about the extent of it for the last few years.

The second season of The Seven Deadly Sins <3
I hope that kongou banchou (?) will get an anime adaption in the near future :(

Last TV series I paid attention to was The Sopranos.  I was really looking forward to the new rebooted series of Roseanne, but I guess that's not gonna happen.  I honestly have no real use for TV anymore.  I would have already cancelled my cable if it wasn't for my wife and kids who still watch it. 

1 hour ago, Maser said:

I honestly have no real use for TV anymore.  I would have already cancelled my cable if it wasn't for my wife and kids who still watch it. 

Know what you mean, I no longer have any use for the TV either, especially now when everything is on the internet.

I haven't opened the TV in years.