Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

I just finished playing through Guardians of the Hood. I quite enjoyed it, even though it's pretty bad. 

Replaying Dungeon Keeper for the first time in many years. It's fun but I had forgotten how zoomed in the camera was.

Into The Breach is like a really depressing Advance Wars with time travel. I'm addicted.

I got to the level 'Obelisk of Khamoon' in Tomb Raider, and my god, what a bullshit level it is. It's confusing as all hell, it has a lot of places where you can (easily) fall to your death, and backtracking means redoing platforming sections! JOY! Long story short, the level took all of my patience and crushed it. I actually physically hurt my hand because I punched my desk in sheer frustration, and since I care about my mental sanity I decided to stop playing the game altogether.

37 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

I got to the level 'Obelisk of Khamoon' in Tomb Raider, and my god, what a bullshit level it is. It's confusing as all hell, it has a lot of places where you can (easily) fall to your death, and backtracking means redoing platforming sections! JOY! Long story short, the level took all of my patience and crushed it. I actually physically hurt my hand because I punched my desk in sheer frustration, and since I care about my mental sanity I decided to stop playing the game altogether.

Aww, that was one of my favorite levels!

Frankly, I thought the Egypt levels in Anniversary were bullshit because of the prolific traps lining the halls.

The real shame is you'll miss Sanctuary of the Scion immediately after, which, in my opinion, is the best level of TR1. Period.

The one after that was okay, somewhat forgettable, but memorable, too because you lost your gear and had to get it back.

The next one, Atlantis, if you thought Obelisk of Khamoon was bullshit, Atlantis takes everything it's got and turns it up to eleven.

The last one was fun, but also hard as shit and had two boss fights.

9 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Aww, that was one of my favorite levels!

Heh, shows you how subjective opinions can be.

As for the other levels... I might keep playing at some point, but certainly not now (I was still really pissed off when I wrote that).

Here's a helpful guide for Obelisk of Khamoon.

Spoilered because it's a video.

Spoiler

This guy basically does max runs of all the levels, but this should help you get through the entire level in one trip.

I'd also recommend checking out the Atlantis video at least because that one's almost absurdly difficult. And really long. Save often.

I'm playing John Romero's bitch Daikatana. Sucked it down once, now I'm doing it twice. While watching the hilarious SA let's play, which is more fun than the game itself. 

Other than Doom, I'm currently playing Oblivion (for the first time), Legend of Grimrock (for the first time), and Skyrim (for the second time).

On 5/16/2018 at 1:06 AM, Vermil said:

Replaying Dungeon Keeper for the first time in many years. It's fun but I had forgotten how zoomed in the camera was.

I tried playing Dungeon Keeper a few years ago on Dos and hated it. I played through Dungeon Keeper with KeeperFX about half a year ago and had a glowing experience. It's amazing just how much better it is when you play it with KeeperFX. I wouldn't play it any other way.

Nearing my fourth completion of Carmageddon Max Pack (the base game portion) but this time having made all the non-stealworthy vehicles stealworthy (using the IWANTTOFIDDLE cheat).

I may have a problem.

Preparing for the invasion of earth that never came, as the Scrin in C&C3 Kane's Wrath global conquest.

Playing Red Faction on the PS4. It was less than $2 on the Playstation Store. Bloons TD 5, also on PS4. Rocket League, as well. But I must be a sucker for pain because 95% of people I play against on RL are fucking assholes without provocation. Like, what gives? Seriously?

Been obsessed with Quake, about halfway through Scourge of Armagon. It looks so pretty in Quakespasm with colored lighting!

Playing some Half-Life 2... and the Half-Life 2 that I brought is came from The Orange Box that I've own since Tuesday.

I finished half of Nethergate quite a few days ago. Now I'm playing some Blades of Avernum. And by play, I mean play 15 minutes in the past three days.

Dark Souls Remaster. Having a great time since i havent played DS1 before. Doing a Lightning Zweihander with full Havels and Grass Crest Shield. And Pyromancies.

So what do you know, I actually finished Tomb Raider. It's an ok game, but it feels like a product of its time, at least for me. I also played Unfinished Business and... it's ok as well :P @Aquila Chrysaetos Atlantis wasn't that bad IMO, since it was fairly linear. Besides, the Uzis made combat really trivial for the most part (that and the fact that I was probably used to dying 5 times per minute by that point). The level actually freaked me out at first lol, wasn't expecting that kind of atmosphere at all.

I'm playing Tomb Raider 2 now, and it's been more interesting than the first game so far, with more varied environments and slightly improved graphics. I did get lost towards the end of the second level, though, and I had to look up a walkthrough (and I realized that I had missed the automatic pistols in the first half of the map!!). Did I mention that I didn't know how to leave the damn boats? I had to look that up as well, it's ridiculously counterintuitive. Also, I'm really amused by Lara's ponytail. The fact that they made a dedicated physics system just for that is ridiculous and awesome at the same time.

Atlantis was the worst to me because I remember falling from the highest platforms and because I always do no-save runs I have to do all that over again. It was linear, yes, but it's just a total dickbag level because of all its traps and falls and monsters and it's my favorite because of it all.

TR2 was great, I've confidence you'll like it, but if you go on to 3, I'm not sure if you'll like it or not, since that one has a love/hate relationship in the fandom.

TR3 is also ridiculously hard, which is probably part of the love/hate reputation it has.

I’ve had to pack up a lot of my games while my house was being worked on and they’re still packed up, but of the games available to me right now I’ve been playing a lot of Monster Hunter World. I love it, it’s so fun to zone out and listen to music while wacking a dragon around

8 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Atlantis was the worst to me because I remember falling from the highest platforms and because I always do no-save runs I have to do all that over again.

Well, that makes sense! That's fucking hardcore man, I don't imagine myself ever finishing anything beyond the first level without saving, especially consdering I had saved around 400 times by the end of the game :P (literal numbers BTW).

I was playing Castle Crashers during the free play weekend on Steam. I am really loving it! I can't believe I never got around to playing it. I'll have to buy it when it goes on sale.

Metal Gear Solid V was given for free on Xbox live, so im replaying it again and enjoying it

I'm currently playing an interesting rom hack of Super Mario 64 which consists to mix this game and Zelda OOT.

Made the mistake of laying hands on Final Fantasy IV. Not touching that shit again, ever. The menuing is utterly dreadful, and quite a few later bosses require excessive menuing of phoenix downs to counteract "sure kills" (9999 damage taken for the win), and you can't even set the fucking cursor to remember where it was at (at least for me it seems it doesn't work).

So yeah, you can miss me on that retarded shit.

Edited by Nine Inch Heels