Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kid Airbag

Eew

Yeah, is there a possibility something can be done about this:

This is the current Freedoom replacement for SKSNAKE1, and as you can see, it looks like total shit (and yes, it is aligned). Does anyone think they can do a better job? Please?

hmm, I dont mean to be a wet blanket about all this, but it looks pretty cool looking imo. But its not my choice as to choose anything about freedoom, so, meh.

Now that I'm looking at it, it's not awful, but I thought the originals were better IMO.

Archvile46 said:

Now that I'm looking at it, it's not awful, but I thought the originals were better IMO.

Me too :)

i fell the same way about the music, everything is either a total rip off of teh origina with tiny changes, or just sounds like crap. (theres a few exceptions, maybe 2 or 3 decent songs)

that same philosophy applied to textures should NOT be the one applied to the music, because you can do so much differnt stuff, your not bound to space or a pallette.

whoa...yeah it's repetitive and confusing...you won't believe i was just day-dreaming aobut making the new snake for freedoom the other day..i had some ideas, since it's supposed to be as little like the original as possible. wondering if one had been done....interesting...can i give it a try?

Wobbo said:

i fell the same way about the music, everything is either a total rip off of teh origina with tiny changes, or just sounds like crap. (theres a few exceptions, maybe 2 or 3 decent songs)

that same philosophy applied to textures should NOT be the one applied to the music, because you can do so much differnt stuff, your not bound to space or a pallette.

Mind you, this is not the case with all the music.

Especially Metabolist's tunes stand out as being very creative.

Xanthier said:

whoa...yeah it's repetitive and confusing...you won't believe i was just day-dreaming aobut making the new snake for freedoom the other day..i had some ideas, since it's supposed to be as little like the original as possible. wondering if one had been done....interesting...can i give it a try?

Yeah, if you want to make something, just go ahead and if it's better (which it probably will be) it'll most likely be kept.