Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Merry Widow

Rename recycle bin?

On newer computers, do you ever change the name of your recycle bin? I renamed mine Shut Pit this time around. Have also called it Trash, Garbage, Hannah and a few more. What funny name do you rename yours?

I renamed it "Desktop Clearer" for I don't know how long because that's what it's for now: to clear my desktop of backup copies of maps and mspaint art I probably don't need anymore now that said map or picture is done.

23 minutes ago, Memfis said:

What is being recycled anyway?

Your computer space? 

Microsoft Trashcan - Introducing a new and safer way, to recycle your old files. Once you begin using Microsoft Trashcan, every single item that occupied your previous now-discarded Recycle Bin will be efficiently recycled to an unopenable file of the smallest size of 0.5 bytes. This process will take place as soon as you delete a file or folder and we will not give any notifications buzzing around regarding the file you just deleted.

This revolutionary software is totally FREE to download and is currently in beta, so you can submit any question/query regarding the software to us. Also, make sure to share Microsoft Trashcan on Facebook and Twitter so that we can help your fellow friends to take advantage of our free "literal recycling" feature.

Just now, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

I notice your "My Computer" icon is Mt Erebus. You should rename the Steam icon there to Limbo.

Is Chrome Pandemonium?

You just gave an idea which shall be followed by all of Doomworld. 

Lmao...I'm loving these answers, specially the homework folder. I've also called mine "Impending Doom" before. :)

3 hours ago, Danzadan said:

I call mine The Chasm.

the-chasm-bin.jpg

And "This PC" is Mt. Erebus, ingenious renaming :v .

As for me, I've never known you could actually rename Recycle Bin and other similar stuff before reading this topic. I prefer leaving my stuff default, I'm too good at accidentally breaking stuff.

I made a bin that looks like cartoon seal, and when you put something inside it becomes a cartoon sea lion with long fangs, angry look and exposed tounge.

@Teder I really like that!

@Jaxxoon R Yes, from Vista on up. But on Vista if you weren't careful, you could accidentally delete the icon. (oops!) With 8 on up you can't.

It seemed appropriate, given the wallpaper.

2016-05-31 09_18_26-.png

[edit] I keep forgetting I have this user title. Guess I've lived up to it again.

On 5/29/2018 at 2:53 PM, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

I notice your "My Computer" icon is Mt Erebus. You should rename the Steam icon there to Limbo.

Is Chrome Pandemonium?

Well, my Internet pc (the old gaming one) is just "Doom" and its 2 disks " Phobos" and "Deimos". Has been so for years. The networked storage is "Containment Area". 

The recycle bin, however, is modestly named "Crap".