Find results in...
Impish

Ultra Doom2X

Hello Doomers

Im Looking For The Very Rare Wad

Ultra Doom2X

I Was Wondering If Any One Had It
And Would Be Kind Enough To Send Me

On this page you'll find what you were looking for... I think...

Aw, what the heck, click here to dl the zipfile (if it works; doesn't work here at my work)!

yes, i know about that one... it doesnt work :(
vileslay: doomsearch is not the Solution to everybodys problems :)
and i would know if it was there or not, i did say it was rare right??

Btw scorpion, hows that wad coming ??

Impish said:

Btw scorpion, hows that wad coming ??

As I said in the mail, I haven't got all the time in the world to, but as soon as I get home from work I'll be behind it again!

scorpion said:

As I said in the mail, I haven't got all the time in the world to, but as soon as I get home from work I'll be behind it again!

well, it was just a suggestion. not saying it was a solution :P

what is this wad like anyway?

VileSlay said:

well, it was just a suggestion. not saying it was a solution :P

what is this wad like anyway?

It's a wad Impish sent to me to have it texturefixed (and, as I found out, also needs some 0 lenghted linedefs removed) and group saved, since I recently got the registered DeePsea (no laughs please). The levels in this doom1 episode look nice, although I think a wider variety of textures could be used and there's a maze level that could be a little less... mazy. The Marble Textured Level is very cool though, Impish!

Or were you talking about my (CC) level...? heh, in that case: it's coming along, have some great ideas and a whole week to work on it, soon! ;-)

[WRONGTHREAD]Nice Halloween pictures bytheway Vileslay ;-)[/WRONGTHREAD]

Wasn't that that horrible rip-off WAD in which the guy took levels from
MM, MM2, Doom, Doom 2, TNT, Plutonia and various other famous megawads,
put them all in one wadfile with some crappy anime graphics and a
textfile that said "Don't rip off the author's (who has dropped of the
face of the planet) hard work"? I played that.... It filled me with a
great deal of murderous rage.

no it wasnt, uit was a dehacked patch that added very cool features to doom 2, in a wad, AND new exe! some of the features i remember were...

the cyberdemon firing soul rockets (basically a moving icon of sin)

Rapid fire shotguns, and other cool additions to weapons

Monsters about 7 times more difficult than before

BAsically, it raised the stakes, you got more powerful weapons but the monsters got tougher. it didnt replace any levels or music, just graphics, and it could be safely COMBINED with other wads which was REALLY cool.

youd have trouble using it in source ports though, it needs its own exe to run

UPDATE: Oh yeah i also remember it having the plasma gun replaced with a working flamethrower using archville- fire graphics. fun.

I got mine off an old pcgamer cd-rom, if i find it ill email it

I may be thinking of the wrong thing, but when you mentioned flamethrower and rapid shotgun...

Isn't this the one with lots of new stuff? Faster shotgun, faster chaingun with a laser sight, flamethrower, all the monsters move faster. The Cyberdemons have railguns that kill you even if you have godmode on. There were two sequels, one with lots of new graphics for guns and some Hexen/Heretic monsters and then the last where they replaced a lot more graphics, and you got to be the daughter of the main character (Flynn or whatever) in a suit of green armor. You got stuff like double miniguns and other neat stuff with good graphics... It had new levels, though. I KNOW it did.

Is this the same wad? I used to have it. I'd love to have it again.

Wobbo said:

youd have trouble using it in source ports though, it needs its own exe to run

Not really, unless the engine is of an old version the user doesn't have (previous to v1.9) since you can easily extract the DEH patch with DeHackEd.

Nanami said:

I may be thinking of the wrong thing, but when you mentioned flamethrower and rapid shotgun...

Isn't this the one with lots of new stuff? Faster shotgun, faster chaingun with a laser sight, flamethrower, all the monsters move faster. The Cyberdemons have railguns that kill you even if you have godmode on. There were two sequels, one with lots of new graphics for guns and some Hexen/Heretic monsters and then the last where they replaced a lot more graphics, and you got to be the daughter of the main character (Flynn or whatever) in a suit of green armor. You got stuff like double miniguns and other neat stuff with good graphics... It had new levels, though. I KNOW it did.

Is this the same wad? I used to have it. I'd love to have it again.

thats intersting, i remember the laser sight also- maybe were talking about the same wad. the cyberdemon could kill you with god mode on because soul rockets telefrag. I know for a fact that it didnt have any new levels though, maybe the sequles did.

myk said:

Not really, unless the engine is of an old version the user doesn't have (previous to v1.9) since you can easily extract the DEH patch with DeHackEd.

oh cool, man now that you told me that i want to get it and use it even more.. il look for it

Nope, sorry. Haven't seen it.

I'm still trying to find an old, old wad I used to have when I was little. The one level was shaped like a star, and replaced the shotgun with the "Pepper Gun" which kinda look like some western gun.

Archaeo said:

My jelly-beans fell out of the hole in my pocket. Now there all gone.

Aaw, look. A new troll is born.

myk said:

I think he was trying to reach 100 posts.

HAA ha he! NOPE! I meant what I said. Well, actually I was very bored. If you see me around you will notice that I just say some of the most brilliantly ingenious things sometimes.

There it went! I think it rolled under that big fat log down there. You stick your face down by the bottom and I will pour this water down the side.

Wobbo said:

thats intersting, i remember the laser sight also- maybe were talking about the same wad. the cyberdemon could kill you with god mode on because soul rockets telefrag. I know for a fact that it didnt have any new levels though, maybe the sequles did.

Shotgun became a rapidfire shotgun. Pistol was double pistol. Chaingun was fast and had a laser sight. Rocket launcher became a railgun. Plasma Rifle became a flamethrower with Arch-Vile flames. BFG became a red blast. Most enemies were faster. The Arachnotron also had a flame thrower. The Cyberdemon had a railgun. The cheat codes were changed. The sequels were something like Ultra Doom2X Gold and something.

Isn't this the same wad?

sweetness, this was the only wad i played when i got doom95. it was doomx doom2x and doom2xtreme. yah it delt with a lady in a green suit.
i used to play that shit al the time with just the wad file since i didnt know about doom and i only used doom 95 mainly cus i could shoose a wad i wanted to play. yah its an ok wad. lots of good memories.

yup thats it

and nanami you were correct

YES!! I have the wad, man dhtis takes me back more than 5 years

myk said:

just out of curiosity, how would one do that? I haven't messed around with dehacked yet and don't really know how to use it.

Well, edit the dehacked.ini file to point to your IWAD, the required directories, the unmodified EXE, and the editable EXE (the one that came with the WAD in this case). Then when you launch DeHackEd you press s and a prompt will ask you what name you want to give to the patch it will save. When you exit and look in your patches directory you'll find the patch that makes the changes for the WAD's engine.

I don't know why, but there is no dehacked.ini file :( oh well. pretty good stuff, considering that I can't play it in a way I'm used to.