starwars

starwars  

23 members have voted

1. 1. starwars

• like it, first 3
    • like it, last 2
    • dont like any of it
    • like both sets

well i love the old ones, and episode 1 was good havent seen the second one yet. Honestly i am not as impressed with the newer ones. one reason is that look how much they squeezed out of the first ones. i think the first one ever made had a budget of $10,000. plus they used never before seen effects.
second reason is, well i am not as young as i used to be. i bet if i was a few years younger they would be the best thing. so here is my poll, if u like star wars, which do u like the best

StarWars was I think the first real movie I saw in the theater. a classic, and as a movie, it is the best of the 5.
ESB is easily the highest quality... and my fav.
I hate some of the choices made for PMenace, but it does have some good miscellaneous writing that is true to the whole story.
AOTClones is flashy garbage... which, unfortunately, means that Episode3 will suck Wookie as well...
Lucas only cares about the seamlessness of the cgi and real-life worlds... someone should remind him that substance is what makes movies good.

heh...why do people trash Ep 1 and 2? Oh wow, it has CGI and shit. Along with every other movie today. Besides, if he'd had done them in chronological order, Ep 4, 5 and 6 would have been using heaps of CGI and stuff...and they'd be labeled gay and crap.

E6 was at least partially garbage, especially his "Special Edition" crap. That new dance number in Jabba's Palace notwithstanding, they KEPT THE FUCKING EWOKS. It's rather difficult for me to decide whether the gungans or the ewoks annoy me more.

Frankly, I'd much rather have the Noghri. Timothy Zahn did a better job with Star Wars than Lucas could ever have hoped to.

Arioch said:

nerd alert

Anyways, ROTJ isn't as good as 4 or 5 but it's leagues ahead of 1 or 2. I don't mind the Ewoks, but most of the Endor sequences just drag on and on. The space battle at the end is awesoma power though.

Episode 1 is better than Episode 2. I never thought I would have to say that The Phantom Menace was better than another Star Wars movie but it's true.

I'm with Linguica. Episodes 4 and 5 are the best, Return of the Jedi is great too. The Phantom Menace is bad but it really is better than Attack of the Clones.

I can't stand Star Trek. Yes, Trek.

But I like it a lot more than Star Wars - here's why:

In Star Trek, they actually make a half-hearted attempt to explain how things work! GASP!

I can't stand "science fiction" movies/games/comics/tv shows/etc which make zero attempt at realism.

Star Wars isn't 'science fiction', it's 'science fantasy'. Feh.

Episode 6 is the best, followed by 5, 1, 4 and then 2. Altogether, the best 5 films ever made.

(and there's nothing wrong with the new ones, they just look and feel different cos of the modern effects)

Ultimate DooMer said:
(and there's nothing wrong with the new ones, they just look and feel different cos of the modern effects)

I agree, while AOTC dosn't look real, it dosn't look bad eather. I guess I'm the only one who liked E2 over E1 and E4. but I do agree that AOTC is a bit simple. but it dose please the eye. heh. love it for it's body not it's brain. :)

AOTC is like the Love Boat only with Jedis. Still, it's better than the Condom Menace which was übershit.

1 - This one is my least favorite. Take out that annoying Jar Jar, or at least have him as a very minor role, and this movie would be a lot more enjoyable.
2 - I actually liked this one better than the first one, except maybe for some of the sappy romantic parts. However, unlike Jar Jar (who ends up being duped by Palpatine, heheh), this was at least somewhat necessary, so I just endured it until the action resumed.
3 - I have a feeling that this will have more action, lightsaber battles, and space wars than any two Star Wars movies.
4 - The movie that defined the entire series. This one is my favorite, although Return of the Jedi ranks right up there with it.
5 - This is a good one as well. Most of it focuses on the story and character development, which makes it good in its own way.
6 - Another favorite of mine. This one essentially ties up all the loose ends. As for the Ewoks, I thought they were more of a comic relief than anything, especially during the battle scenes.

Huh? Like half a year everyone on these forums said that SW Ep. 2 rocked. What happened?

Me? Dunno, don't care. Gimme Doom instead and I'd be interested (though not if it's a movie).

I haven't seen it. Hopefully it'll win some cruddy Oscar and be back on theaters again for a bit. The 1st episode was OK on the big screen, at least for watching it once. When I saw it on TV I said "is this a long toy/video game commercial or what?" I guess they don't work on the small screen. I'm sure the 2nd episode is more of the same...

By the way fraggle (if you see this), why is doomsearch.com giving a white screen? Nothing bad, right? An upgrade of sorts?

Virtually every character in Star Wars once said:

I've got a bad feeling about this!

Ichor said:

5 - This is a good one as well. Most of it focuses on the story and character development, which makes it good in its own way.

The first three (episode 4-6) should have been it. The rest of the story can live on in the novels. The new movies are nothing but overhyped garbage. I have no intention of seeing episode 2 or 3. I saw Phantom 'story/acting/character developement' Menace and was revolted by its crappiness. I don't mind the ewoks but those gungans need to burn in eternal hell forever.

The first three (Ep IV-VI) were, of course, absolute classics (apart from the odd duff moment in 'A New Hope'). Return of the Jedi in particular gets me sobbing like a little bitch with a skinned knee every time.

'The Phantom Menace' was mainly let down by the brat they got to play Anakin; If they'd gone for that lad from 'A.I.' and 'The Sixth Sense' (Osmond or something), the film probably would have had a more believable feel.

As for 'Attack of the Clones'... my only worry is that they've gone a bit CGI crazy over at Lucasfilm. Having said that, i don't think that they could have managed Yoda's lightsaber duel with Darth Tyranus any other way, and it lends him a lot more facial emotion. That bit with the Death Star helps tie things together too.

Can't wait to see Palpatine become teh Emperor of Evilness and Stuff in Episode III ('Rise of the Empire'?).

I like Star Trek. Yes, Trek.

I like it a lot more than Star Wars - here's why:

In Star Trek, they actually make a half-hearted attempt to explain how things work! GASP!

I can't stand "science fiction" movies/games/comics/tv shows/etc which make zero attempt at realism.

Star Wars isn't 'science fiction', it's 'science fantasy'. Feh.

Sephiroth said:

if u like star wars, which do u like the best

In that case, the "dont like any of it" option is redundant.

ZarcyB said:

quote:
Virtually every character in Star Wars once said:
I've got a bad feeling about this!

Wow, I never realized Barney was in Star Wars.

Both Katarhyne and m0l0t0v said:

With the emphasis firmly on "half-hearted". "Remodulate the shields on a constantly rotating frequency of an inverse harmonic of the blah, blah, blah..." (I like Star Trek BTW, so no need to flame!)

m0l0t0v, Kat is going to sue you for copyright violations!

myk said:

If he claims it was parody/satire, he should be safe enough on "fair use" grounds.

myk said:

With a tickle-stick.

I too enjoy Star Trek - largely 'TNG' and 'Enterprise'. The techno-babble can be a bit annoying sometimes, but the films - especially 'The Voyage Home' and 'First Contact' were pretty bloody lovely.