Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quasar

Doom Wiki Month in Review (Issue #2)

I created the "Carmack's Typo" page because I wanted to own someone (@jmickle66666666? @anotak?) with my bottomless well of Doom trivia, but could not immediately find the bit of information I was looking for through a Google search. I thought "why isn't there's just a Doom Wiki page for this?" then realized that I, too, can edit a publicly editable wiki, and in fact should do so if I have a topic that has not been formally documented!

As of about 30 seconds ago, the 3 heures d'agonie series from the French Doom community has completed WAD overview pages (1, 2, 3), with map articles for the first already generated thanks to Xymph's amazing bot!

12 hours ago, fraggle said:

unnecessary quest

IMO contemporary tactical approaches absolutely belong on the wiki, especially differences between corporate and crowdsourced viewpoints (Usenet, BBSes, lanparties, ...). Naturally we would note how DWF later settled all conflicts via neuromotor pluralism. :>

14 hours ago, Linguica said:

I created the "Carmack's Typo" page because I wanted to own someone (@jmickle66666666? @anotak?) with my bottomless well of Doom trivia, but could not immediately find the bit of information I was looking for through a Google search. I thought "why isn't there's just a Doom Wiki page for this?" then realized that I, too, can edit a publicly editable wiki, and in fact should do so if I have a topic that has not been formally documented!

idk anything about it

i know revenant was talking about carmack's typo recently

I think I was the first to use that phrasing when I put it as a preset in SLADE's colorimetry settings.

8 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Sorry for the question, but what historical point in Doom modding have this berserk.wad?

It's authored by Jon Landis, who ended up contributing to Strain, and was prominent in the early mapping scene (since his maps/midis ended up in the Heroes compilation), so he is fairly notable.