Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

22 hours ago, GoatLord said:

Screenshot_Doom_20180531_170053.png

I like how you (assuming it's a wad you're making) used some creativity to make that flat look good, whereas normally it'd just look unaligned.

1 hour ago, Perro Seco said:

Looks like shit compared with other screenshots from here

Looks good to me, fam. Some of us like it a bit vanilla now and then.

We also like DOOM wads compatible with the original .exe hurr.

Yeah, it's definetly an interesting layout that I would play, very vanilla-ish! 

I am also making some similar layouts for fun (far from being playable for now, though). I guess my project for the next year is going to be some collection of small plutonia-inspired maps.

Edited by Deadwing

1 hour ago, obake said:

Hold on to your seatbelt. This one's gonna be tough...

Screenshot_Doom_20180608_133436.png

That bottom stair on the right side looks a bit high.

6 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Looks nice, @pc234. What port are you aiming for?

Vanilla, unfortunately the original .exe crashes at the lift puzzle in the map.

Edited by pc234

@Tango wow, I love that mix of green and brown with little red, and vanilla color lights. Great arch too.

15 hours ago, whirledtsar said:

I like how you (assuming it's a wad you're making) used some creativity to make that flat look good, whereas normally it'd just look unaligned.

These were actually bars that lowered after hitting a switch! The floor flats were different than the surrounding sector and I liked how it looked.

Love that sky, @Myst.Haruko, very pretty. Is it just a texture or is it an actual GL skybox?

Either way, I'd like to make use of it.

Also, so this post has some value, here are a few images from Awakening MAPXX (which no longer exists, because the copy of Awakening my friend has and I need to get doesn't have it).

Gy2uWve.png

I liked to call these the "big, gigantic, mean-looking, evil, nazi mountains."

cyzNbi3.png

A bland room that makes use of arches a lot. It was intended to fill with water for level progression.

akFRIzH.png

A cave making great use of vertex slopes to make a natural look. However, near the center one of the slopes is horribly skewed, so 0/10 for that.

kYd9t6B.png

Just outside that cave is a little village sort of thing. Most of the little buildings consisted of about eight sectors, one for the wall, one for a doorway, and a few more for the roof and windows. A couple were multi-floor buildings and they took a little longer to make. I was proud of this area.

Also, here's a builder shot of what this map looked like.

1mzk8e0.jpg

It was a mess, and I've no idea where I wanted to go with it.

1 minute ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Love that sky, @Myst.Haruko, very pretty. Is it just a texture or is it an actual GL skybox?

Either way, I'd like to make use of it.

Seems, it's more for open-gl ports. Good thing that glboom+ branch can support it, so I'll use this in my still no-name personal project. 

2 minutes ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

In retrospect, I should've asked more directly if it was yours and if I could use it.

So, is the sky yours? If so, may I get a copy to use?

I found it on the net while searched night skies for my map. Yes, I'll leave credits for that person. 
here link into it:
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=264260.0

28 minutes ago, Halfblind said:

Just some random rooms that I made...

these all look really wonderful. that metal theme in shot one is one of my favorites, and I really like the style

3 hours ago, dobu gabu maru said:

Made a world map that can be seen in-game because my level might be a touch confusing.

My first thought was of the nucleus/Golgi apparatus/endoplasmic reticulum structures in most animal cells... With a microscopic doomguy thrown in to fuck shit up. I should probably go to bed

12 hours ago, Myst.Haruko said:

951bFxw.png

ok, seems skybox does huge impact on atmosphere and looks. I'm planning to replace this sky in png version due some loss in doom graphics format. 

Also the area could use some more detail, and it'd probably be even better if the moon was movie a bit more to the top :) .

I disagree. I think the partially obscured view of the moon is what gives it so much charm.

Edited by Dragonfly : Apparently I'm beyond incompetent at typing on a smartphone, heh.

4 minutes ago, Catpho said:

Yea i'm with @Dragonfly. Tho @Agent6 has a point with adding more detailing and vistas.

1 hour ago, Agent6 said:

Also the area could use some more detail, and it'd probably be even better if the moon was movie a bit more to the top :) .

I'm not much of detailer, I'm more focused on gameplay and traps. But I'll try, map is still in very early mapping stage.