Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zemini

We got the demons!

I saw arachnotrons, pain elemental and archviles!!  Barons also have been upgraded! And those worms might be maggots?

Wonder what else they will be adding.  I hope to see some of the D3 demons.

Edited by Zemini

2 hours ago, Mason. said:

I hope they bring back Chaingunners.

The Hellrazer is technically the new Chaingunner in Doom 2016 but with less red and less chaingun and more zzapzzap.

But yes, and actual Chaingunner would be nice to see again.

37 minutes ago, dsm said:

The Hellrazer is technically the new Chaingunner in Doom 2016 but with less red and less chaingun and more zzapzzap.

I hope they make the hellrazer more dangerous so it can compare with the chaingunner. It was pretty slow with its laser tracking and had a very high recoil from pain in Doom 2016 which made the attack so unthreatening.

They said there are twice as many in this new one, so there is a possibility to see more enemies like the Zombieman, Shotguner and Chaingunners if it's on Earth.

I also wish they bring back Nightmare Imps or create something using that style.

33 minutes ago, dsm said:

The Hellrazer was completely useless, a far cry from the original Chaingunners.

A Hell on Earth situation would be a great time to introduce hitscanners.

I like hellrazers. They look cool, but yes, they are easy enemies.

We must kill the demons ;p

Will we see the return of this dude?

latest?cb=20110314042509

(As in "in the flesh", not as a trophy statue)

1 hour ago, Danzadan said:

Will we see the return of this dude?

latest?cb=20110314042509

(As in "in the flesh", not as a trophy statue)

More than likely.

A thought just occurred to me:

Since the Arch-Vile is properly back, then that means no more disappearing corpses?

I know id Tech 6 still has its limitations, but the Doom 3 Arch-Vile acted much closer to the Summoner in terms of behavior than it did the classic Vile.

Plus, I’m guessing they had intended to leave in lasting corpses as an option (most likely for PC) but they ran out of time and couldn’t do anything. 

Well the game will need a fresh batch of Zombies.  I don't see them using the possessed UAC Scientists and Marines when we are on earth.  So the classic Former Humans is a likely possibility.

Those tendrils certainly seem like limbs that could be thrashing by games end, if you catch my drift.

3 hours ago, Man of Doom said:

Since the Arch-Vile is properly back, then that means no more disappearing corpses?

Or they leave the "resurrect" function to the Summoner, and the AV is purely about his hitscan flame attack.

8 minutes ago, Bauul said:

Or they leave the "resurrect" function to the Summoner, and the AV is purely about his hitscan flame attack.

Maybe the "resurrect" function is going to play by insta recovering staggered enemies back to action

Just a wild guess, but i think it could work and keep the "healer" status of the archvile

Maybe have the Archvile just straight up heal enemies that have suffered damage - not just recovering staggered enemies.

-You damage Summoner.

-Arch-Vile heals Summoner.

-You attack Arch-Vile.

-Summoner summons imps and pinkies.

-You die.

Sounds like hell (in a good way).  Just imagine if the Arch-Vile could also resurrect the dead.

My fear is that the showcased Arch-Vile is just going to be a boss monster.   It happened to the Cyberdemon.

2 minutes ago, Zemini said:

My fear is that the showcased Arch-Vile is just going to be a boss monster.   It happened to the Cyberdemon.

Well the Cyberdemon was a Boss monster in the original game with a few appearances after here and there, still i hope he makes a return in the new game

4 hours ago, Man of Doom said:

A thought just occurred to me:

I know id Tech 6 still has its limitations, but the Doom 3 Arch-Vile acted much closer to the Summoner in terms of behavior than it did the classic Vile.

Plus, I’m guessing they had intended to leave in lasting corpses as an option (most likely for PC) but they ran out of time and couldn’t do anything. 

IMO,corpses won't last and the Archie will just de-pulverize them. Odd,but likely.

I really enjoy new Imp design. You must watch this teaser very carefully - there's lot of hidden stuff here probably. Look at dead imp on the right: iKvsmPW.jpg

Wolf TNC had permanent corpses which means machinegames fixed that issue or id helped them fix it, which could also mean corpse rezzing for archviles in nu doom 2

Corpses staying would be nice but what happens when you have dozens of dead demons in a narrow corridor?  Punch your way through them?  Actually that might be fun.

Wolfenstein TNC throws fewer enemies at you than new Doom as far as I can tell, also the robotic enemies tend to blow up and leave armour pickups.

Considering that Doom Eternal seems to be going for a Hell on Earth deal (at least for part of the game), and they're claiming that it will be "bigger and better" it'd make sense for the level designers to throw even more demons at the player than in Doom 2016, but that also makes it a lot less likely that corpses will stick around given the general detail level that a "Hell on Earth" would require.

I would be really surprised if they not only had corpses staying in this game but also upped the number of enemies you can fight at once. Only thing I know for sure is I'd rather prefer more enemies attacking the player at once than having maybe a similar (albeit passable) amount to what Doom 2016 threw at you, but with their corpses staying.

Healing of stabbed enemies sounds really cool)) Never even thought about it...good guess)) Could be)) Well this trailer looks unbelieveably awesome.....it's just how I imagined cancelled Doom 4 before we knew the call of doom BS.

Maybe the archvile will have mapper defined respawnable enemies that will have their corpses stay while the rest evaporate?

What if Nazis?

No, seriously. It would be kind of neat to have a throwback to Map31/Map32 where you find a secret level some dilapidated Wolfenstein-style base full of Nazi zombies/demons. Considering how popular Wolfenstein is, it would be a good time to do that. Unfortunately, that would mean hoping they actually put secret content in their game, which is a rarity these days. More likely it would be added as a DLC mission.

8 minutes ago, Danarchy said:

What if Nazis?

No, seriously. It would be kind of neat to have a throwback to Map31/Map32 where you find a secret level some dilapidated Wolfenstein-style base full of Nazi zombies/demons. Considering how popular Wolfenstein is, it would be a good time to do that. Unfortunately, that would mean hoping they actually put secret content in their game, which is a rarity these days. More likely it would be added as a DLC mission.

That would probably have to involve Machine Games in someway since they have the license now. And considering they are working on two games in the series right now, they probably have their hands full at the moment.