Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FyreOnix

Doom: Eternal Announced at E3

17 minutes ago, doomero-21 said:

Arachnotron, pain elemental and arch-vile back!

Pics or it didn't happen. 

Well, okay then, @Dwaze. That's either a very elaborate troll or there's more Doom goodness on the way.

I kid. Although I didn't see the archvile, I did see the arachnotron and even the pain elemental. Sweet! There was also some Baron of Hell-Fulgore hybrid kicking around. 

That looks awesome! hope it's representative of what's actually in the game during gameplay (tentacle enemies coming up?)

6 minutes ago, Job said:

Well, okay then, @Dwaze. That's either a very elaborate troll or there's more Doom goodness on the way.

I kid. Although I didn't see the archvile, I did see the arachnotron and even the pain elemental. Sweet! There was also some Baron of Hell-Fulgore hybrid kicking around. 

The archvile is at the very end (from 0:57). They showed this teaser at e3 so I guess it's real haha.

1 minute ago, Dwaze said:

the archvile is at the very end (from 0:57). They showed this teaser at e3 so I guess it's real haha.

Oh geez, right in plain sight. They even got the attack pose just right. :) 

Wow, hopefully this has the same feel as Doom 2. Looks very promising, better than Doom 4.

My biggest concern / hope is that they allow a modular installation this time. As game sizes increase, ideally we should be able to opt out of certain components.

For example, I am not an online guy, therefore I would really love to only install single player. There's no denying this will be in the ballpark of 70 to possibly 100 GB all inclusive.

3 minutes ago, FyreOnix said:

This post was made before that forum existed.

I know.

Just pointing it out.

I'd like to know more info about it first but I guess none of us will for a while.

2 hours ago, Linguica said:

Is this game compatible with Brutal Doom?

Even though this is a joke, it reminds me of the ever-pressing snapmap question. Will Doom Eternal have mod support or just a level builder mode like snapmap? If it does, we very well might see all the brutal/beautiful/complex/uncut mods appear for it in some form.

Well I'll be damned, it actually happened, we got a teaser. Looks darker and more serious so far, and the Arachnotrons made a comeback. I'm interested.

Now all we need is actually more info. And it looks like Elder Scrolls VI was announced as well.

Damn the old demons are back for revenge. the classic arch-vile and pain elemental are going to shred unwary players. Was that a revenant with one shoulder cannon too? Finally the arachnotron is back in style, I remember when they were just little babies..

6 minutes ago, Pegg said:

Was that a revenant with one shoulder cannon too?

It's at a bit of a weird angle, but it's got both cannons

image.png.ab31131c5870abcb0bab34b6e99b9f73.png

Also, sweet gauss cannon!

image.png.31e94fe32c4f7404a35739fc8f9d4dd2.png