Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom Eternal is a game, that exists

Either way, I've always found sleeveless armor to be stupid. That just adds an exploitable weakness.

31 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

Either way, I've always found sleeveless armor to be stupid. That just adds an exploitable weakness.

Its not an exploitable weakness if doomslayer's wearing it. XD

1 hour ago, DooM_RO said:

I hope we're getting it this Christmas. I don't want to wait until 2019.

I hope, but as I know the life, it will come in 2019 or worse 2020. But this is only highly modificated D16 like D2 was modified D1 so, cmone id make us happy on x-mass :D

2 minutes ago, MrInternational said:

Its not an exploitable weakness if doomslayer's wearing it. XD

Might as well not wear any armor at all then...

If you upgrade the classic armor all the way in Quake Champions you can see that it has extra plates. The leg plates do not appear in Doom but they do appear in Quake Champions. Now the arms are still not defended (so still stupid) but I would love it if they took the concept and expanded upon it in a future title or as an alternative suit. 

I think that THIS is how the Doomguy armor really looks like and what we see in the classic Box art is a banged up Doomguy with most of his plates torn off. If they had just covered the arms too then it would have been perfect.

image.png.8049cd47eadcc031bc679a866c95f33b.png

I'm excited, I'm excited, I'm excited!

Those cheeky bastards showed me EXACTLY what I wanted to see haha. All the missing demons and hints of earth. Yes, yes yes!

Just saw the trailer, it was soooo damn good! They added in all those monsters from D2 that D2016 was missing, such as Arachnotrons, and even a proper Arch-Vile, even though the Summoner was supposed to have replaced it functionally. I'm stoked as all hell!

2 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

He also had a cut-out for the abs to show them off. An even more exploitable weakness if you ask me, lol

3 minutes ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

Doom Marine gets his classic armor back (short sleeves instead of long ones on top).

Well, he's on Earth this time, so why not? :D

15 minutes ago, Xfing said:

He also had a cut-out for the abs to show them off. An even more exploitable weakness if you ask me, lol

No, the material was ripped off and it was probably covered by a plate too.

Well, I guess I should've be too surprised by this. But for it NOT to be called DOOM II? This caught me a bit off-guard, but at the same time, I'm glad they didn't go with that name.

1 minute ago, Novaseer said:

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

... And that was when Novaseer learned that Doom: Eternal turned out to be a shitty little mobile game with lame, pay-to-win design :P

I gotta admit that this is a pretty badass teaser trailer. Hm, Earth is looking so hellish that I'm starting to think it's a chunk of the Earth that has already been absorbed by Hell (considering the floating pieces of skyscrapers).

I'm more pleased with the Arachnotron being showcased than even the presence of the Archvile, because while Doom 3 had an Archvile, I haven't seen an Arachnotron in a newer Doom game since Doom64. And on top of that, I actually think the Summoner made for a great Archvile replacement, but the Arachnotron is long overdue.

And then there's the Pain Elemental, hm, a bit ambivalent about that one, because while it too is overdue for a reintroduction, the Lost Souls are a massive pain in Doom 2016, meaning that PEs could be an even bigger pain in the ass than they used to be and I've got to say that I'm not exactly partial to pains in the ass.

... Shouldn't those flame blades sticking out of the Barons' wrists be alight with green fire instead of red? O_o

1 minute ago, dsm said:

... And that was when Novaseer learned that Doom: Eternal turned out to be a shitty little mobile game with lame, pay-to-win design :P

please no

(although it could be worse, it could be a Battle Royale game)

17 minutes ago, Novaseer said:

(although it could be worse, it could be a Battle Royale game)

Plot twist: It is.

I didn't notice the more classic look of Doomguy in the teaser at first. This raises my hopes some, and the arachnotron was really the only thing in the teaser to grab my attention. Glad to see him come back.

Still ambivalent overall, but it's got a promising look.

i'm curious how the doomworld traffic spike of this announcement compares to the amount that doomworld got when Doom 4 was officially announced. Everywhere I go, everyone looks pretty hyped. And it certainly looks pretty cool, hoping that given their experience with Doom 4, they don't mess up the gameplay

9 minutes ago, InsanityBringer said:

i'm curious how the doomworld traffic spike of this announcement compares to the amount that doomworld got when Doom 4 was officially announced. Everywhere I go, everyone looks pretty hyped. And it certainly looks pretty cool, hoping that given their experience with Doom 4, they don't mess up the gameplay

Probably because everyone thought Doom 4 was going to be shit, going by the painstakingly slow E3 reveal, withholding of review copies and terrible multiplayer beta.

But now people know Doom 4 was great and the same people are making it, people are thinking it's going to be the shit.

13 minutes ago, InsanityBringer said:

i'm curious how the doomworld traffic spike of this announcement compares to the amount that doomworld got when Doom 4 was officially announced.

It was bigger than now, I think.

I can't believe how amazing that video is. Easily the best teaser I've ever seen. I also have to admit, it's really cool that Bethesda is not afraid to announce so many different things at once.

So a couple of notes. First of all, I'm not too crazy about the title but (1) it's better than calling it DOOM2 again and (2) for some reason the fact that it's pretty much Eternal DOOM, just makes it kind of cool, even though I'm not a huge fan of it.

I've been pretty much dreaming about a new DOOM game set on Earth ever since DOOM4 was announced. Took a while but it's finally here. As I always say, I really liked some of the scenes from DOOM4 1.0 cinematics but this Hell on Earth is just crazy good. It's violent, horrible and far gone - exactly what it should be and I can't wait to see it in-game.

The new monsters are awesome, love the classic, spiked Imps and Arachnotrons with cannons on the top. Didn't expect Pain Elementals, a bit of a letdown they didn't use the DOOM64 version but I guess the classic DOOM2 one is good too.

As someone already noted, there are huge blades on the Double Barrel Shotgun. Maybe weapons will have some specific melee modifications to make them more versatile. Or maybe... people wanted finishers with weapons so maybe they're bringing that to the table.

Also, the Slayer's Mark transforms into the word Eternal - wonder if that means anything.

This is way more exciting than I expected. Cannot wait to see more of it!

3 minutes ago, Touchdown said:

Also, the Slayer's Mark transforms into the word Eternal - wonder if that means anything.

Probably reading too much into it, but that might suggest the Slayer is eternal, if that makes any sense, like he's some sort of everlasting vengeance god or something.

Looks like more of the same as Doom 2016. But then I guess Doom2 was to Doom1...

Not to say that I'm not looking forward to it of course :)

One thing that has me very curious is the archvile itself, considering how the original monsters behaviour and roles were changed for the gameplay style in the 2016 game, i wonder how he's gonna play, does this mean that monster corpses are going the be a thing again?

The summoner played the archvile role quite well in that it summoned monsters instead of reviving them and it had some kind of flame attacks, becoming a high priority target, but now that flame boi is back, well i have no idea what changes are going to be made to his attacks

Can't wait to see him in action in the new game

@Vermil 

36 minutes ago, Vermil said:

Looks like more of the same as Doom 2016. But then I guess Doom2 was to Doom1...

Not to say that I'm not looking forward to it of course :)

Exactly :)

@DMPhobos

Hope that Archvile can resurrect dead bodies.

43 minutes ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Probably reading too much into it, but that might suggest the Slayer is eternal, if that makes any sense, like he's some sort of everlasting vengeance god or something.

That's why only Doom slayer last on Earth.

10 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

I hope we're getting it this Christmas. I don't want to wait until 2019.

That is some wishful thinking.  If I had to guess Halloween 2019.

1 hour ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

He was never the same after Daisy died.

This is so fucking awesome. I really loved DOOM 2016. According to Steam, spent about 600 hours playing it. This one will for sure get the same amount of attention once it's out. I believe it will kick ass! :D