Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

different views

among racism, which i have seen alot of, what about sexism. personaly I treat everyone the same. I expect the same out of a woman as i would a man(with exception of pregnancy and period cramps) however many guys i do know are different, they tend to treat women like property and want them to do certian things. A good example is a friend of mine who says he loves his girlfriend yet cheats on her every chance he gets, and at the same time expects his every request to be granted. I would slap him upside the head if I saw him more. I think the military should alow women and such, hey back where i am from they did. they other thing annoys me is when a woman plays the sexist card or employers let women get away with stuff they shouldn't be able to.

What are you opionions on this. I treat everyone the same and i treat them with respect, unless they give me a reason not to.

Heh. When i was age 12-15 i was pretty much scared shitless of girls, the snappy young hippy that i was. Kind of like a male femenist who puts them on such a high podium that he's frightened of the deity he's created (?).
Nowadays tho, it's a different story. I *like* to think i treat women just as i treat the guys i know, and i've certainly not heard any complaints from Jay. Don't get me wrong - i have cheated in the past on other girls - mainly out of the sheer misery i was in, but if you really love a girl, and she loves you back, then nothing can justify emotionally abusing her.
Indeed, i've also seen women playing the gender-card in the work place; worse still, i worked in an office dominated by women, and i almost always got looked down upon and given the shit jobs.
I get the feeling that a lot of these women are 'getting their own back' on men who've treated them badly in the past by attacking our gender as a whole (remember, i'm not talking about *all* women, just the handful of bitches out there).

VampiraJay says (she's not logged on)... : "sexism is a load of bullshit, especially feminism, i can't stand these self-righteous women who say that they are are better (or equal in everyway) than a man.
I was watching some day-time talkshow thingy, and this woman brought her husband on the show to complain about him hitting her - turns out she actually attacked him first, then this stupid woman in the audience said that it doesn't matter if a woman hits a man first, he should "never" hit her back, doesn't really sound equal to me, and yes i am a woman!"

IMJack said:

My question is: Are "gender equality" and "chivalry" mutually exclusive?

* myk climbs onto his destrier and observes IMJack menacingly.

A quote that must fit in here somewhere:

"The male chromosome is an incomplete female chromosome. In other words the male is a walking abortion; aborted at the gene stage. To be male is to be deficient, emotionally limitied; maleness is a deficiency disease and males are emotional cripples."
-Valerie Solanos

To bad I'm a emotional cripple otherwise I'd get upset or something. ;)

iterestingly many animals are tempeture sexed. mostly reptiles, some even change in single sexed enviroments. I breed geckos so i have to monitor the tempeture to prevent unbreedable geckos, like hot females or cool males(basicly a lesbian on steriods or a flamming homosexual)
the mosaic(SP) patteren is odd, were every other cell in a person switches XX and XY. other defects include single X, which results in deformities or under developed females and mental retardation also reproduction is typicaly impossible. XXX is almost always normal, hower a larger size is common. XXY or XXXY can become a true hermaphrodite, but generaly dont live much after birth and will not be able to reproduce. XYY results in a overly sized and agressive male, often times either mentaly retarded or completly insane. most violent offenders in prison have this, its like being on steriods all the time. A YY or single Y is impossible the X has vital needed genetic information for survival. Also hormones play a role, and yes people can be born gay. in fetal development the brain is affected by hormones. if a person is male, but begins producing testosteron later or in smaller amount, the brain is affected. there will be less of a barrier between male in female in the mind. thought it is not for sure if they will be gay it is really saying it is possible. however if a massive does of estragen(sp) hits it can alter the brain permanatly. even if male sex organs have formed the brain will now change to female settings,plus sex organs can be stunted or damaged if prolonged. then it is possible for a male to be born gay. in genetics and physical structure male and female is a thin line, at the start.

other interesting genetics, a group of hispanics on an island has a different and odder disorder. males will be born almost female, infact in many cases they are considered female until puberty. however after that they quickly develope their male parts to full size and function. the brain is not affected by this, though they may have mental problems considering they were brought up as girls.

The problem with feminism is that no one is really sure about what it stands for.

Generally feminism is a stance against the following:

1. The dominant role of males in society.

2. The classification of the woman as a lesser being.

3. The lower economic status of women.

4. The cultural underrepresentation of women.

5. The idea that "female aspects" of humanity have been forgotten/repressed.

Feminists comes in many colors and patterns, though.

There are the political/economical equality movements (that almost count as many males as females) who fights for equal wages and equal representation in the leading spheres of society.

Then there are the more culturally minded feminists who think that our culture either underrepresents the woman (there are written more about men and boys than about women and girls) or that our society teaches the males to be misogynists and the females to be inferior servants.

The general idea is that men and women should be able to enjoy equally good lives.

Sorry for double posting, but I have a few questions and some errata to you Sephiroth.

Firstly, how do you check for mental retardation on lizards? It's not because I don't believe you or anything. I'd just like to know.

Secondly you seem to confuse homosexuality a bit with hermaphroditism. A person who is technically male (XY chromosom) but mentally female and attracted to males is not considered gay.

A homosexual is a person who is a normal male or female, but sexually attracted to persons of the same gender.

So your female lizard that due to temperature changes under the hatching believes itself to be a male is not a lesbian, but a transsexual.

Here's a (some what) Relevent fact:

Duck's have more same sex partners then any other animals in the animal kingdom. Far surpassing humans.

first i start with the lizards, temepeture determins sex. they dont become retarded they just get screwed up. example a female born of a high tempeture 92 degress, will be female yet extreamly aggressive(not good to mate) males born in lower tempetures will behave like females and will not atempt to mate.

second back the the humans. realy a person can be male if genetics are XX( thats a hormone facotr) but not what i was talking about.

the mother produces hormones just like the fetus. if the fetus is developing as male and the male genatal organs are formed there can be a rare problem. for what ever reason the mother may produce massive amounts of estragen, this will affect the brain as it is developeing. takes longer to build a brain than a pair of nads. you dont learn every thing, there is programing you are born with. one is to what sex u prefer most. as the brain is developing the hormones determine this setup, testosterone means male behavior, estragen means female behavior. if a male is flooded by estragen at a bad time(hey it happens but usally very limited and short) or for too long it will cause the brain to take a female setup. there are differences in male and female brain patterens( not in a bad superior inferior way, but in a sex-instinct way) this can lead to a male who thinks more female, or a female who think more male. make more sence, thus a person can be born to think homosexual.

as for retardation, the X, XXX, XXY/XXXY,XYY are genetic badasses, these errors will cause damage. if u are born with too many or too little chromosome there will be a problem.

I don't understand women. I also don't understand society either.

I'm trying to remember something a guest speaker taught us in class yesterday. Had to do with the difference between men and women.

Men and women both think differently not because of our environment, but we are born that way. Our brains actually differ, in how some parts of our brain function.

Men- Their right side of the brain is Spacial, meaning that that is basically our mathmatical side. This is also where we develop our emotions. The left side is Verbal, or basically everything else we think about. There are few connectors between the hemispheres, thus we have a more difficult time expressing emotions. I takes a little longer. This is also why we are a bit more direct at things (Ex. Mapreading- we remember route numbers, women remember landmarks) This also explains why we sometimes appear not to be listening. We just don't make many sounds when listening. (There's our verbal side working) We also tend not to talk much, say around 2000 words a day.

Women- Unlike men, women's brains are different, as in both sides are equal (verbal and spacial) and there are more connections between the sides. Because of this, women are more able to express their emotions, no matter what goes on. Women, when listening, tend to make sounds. (Which is why they accuse men of not listening when they hear an eerie quiet) BTW studies show that women use around 7000 words a day.

BTW, this is what out guest speaker told us yesterday. I'm still contemplating on whether I believe it or not yet. I need to learn more.

Don't hit me. Please. I'm emotionally fubar'ed already.

You are still confusing transsexuality with homosexuality Sephiroth.

Those are two different things!

Transsexuality: Feeling and thinking like a different sex than your actual physical one.
A transsexual woman, that feels like a man and is attracted to women is still considered a heterosexual.

Homosexuality: Being sexually attracted to persons of the same gender as yourself.

ok simplified, those anomolies involving the hormones are homosexual. Example, efflicted male, XY, attracted to male because of different or altered brain functions. he is physicaly a male and genticly a male but attracted toward men. as far as i am concerned that is homosexual. transexual is almost similar and i see why it is confusing. a transexual takes it further and either alters them selves in appearnce or structure( surgery) and is attracted to the same sex.

sorry for any confusion. personaly i may switch my major to biology and genetics. I am not sure if I should go with my electronics or biology

DOOM Anomaly just Really Freaking HATES Sexist people and the Sexist laws and rules, DOOM Anomaly feels that all genders should be treated the same and given equal benefits and jazz for everything. Just cause we are somewhat different, Doesn’t mean that we should be alienated and excluded from certain activities and not be able to perform certain jobs or duties. It just amazes me by the incompetence of society and government to ridicule and women just because they’re bodies don’t produce huge bulky muscles as quickly as most men. And it just amazes me to see how society and government base today’s standards on a stereotypical Bogus rule that was declared Hundred upon hundred of years ago, Geeze guys, Get with the freaking times… The sexist rules and such that exists today… just disgraces the meaning of the word Freedom…Is isn’t freedom when women are being held back cause of the incompetent rules made ages ago. I feel that Women should not be held back against doing certain things that stereotypically a guy was placed to perform, men and women are not in competition and a woman and easily do as good or ever better job than a man can, in many areas, Including ones that are currently run by the stereotypical BullCripe that men should only do certain jobs. If the government wants to put their money where their mouth is and fill up the empty promise that says we are Free, by all means, We’re waiting, we may be free, but these sexist boundaries are a harsh blow to the means of us being free, we are not free enough. And the people especially males that treat females like objects or as lesser beings, just makes me mad beyond explaining. It’s just stupid, how a guy says he loves his girlfriend, yet treats her like dirt and doesn’t respect her or her feelings. To be ones boyfriend or girlfriend is to care about the person in which you are with, make them feel special and be there for them and treat them the best that you can, not do just have them at your will and do what you want with them going around bragging how you got a ‘significant other’, when you treat them as a lesser being, you are no where near treating them the proper way, and to see this, just tears me apart, and somewhat pity’s both of them. The girl for being taken advantage of by her so called ‘boyfriend’, and the guy, for being such a incompetent Jackarse, and in my opinion, he should suffer, Severely. If the Government was smart, they would consider this, and if guys all over the world were half decent and half a man, treat females with full and devoted respect.

Now, I myself and kind of a hypocrite, I tend to treat females a lot better than I do males. This being because I generally like girls better and I can actually be empathetic and sympathize with them and make each other feel better and really connect. But with males (or at least all the ones I know) its just “Oh look at that” and just narcissistic soulless acts of sexism, I can’t stand guys who only admire a girls looks and anatomy, instead of their personality and inner-being.

I dunno for the rest of you, but so far, I am the only one that I know of that is more than nice to females and respects them as much as they deserve to be respected which is all most, all that we can offer. I haven’t met one guy yet, that is interested in a girl’s personality and what they are like, instead of their looks and body parts.

Even though most females avoid me for some reason, I respect them no less of it, for I can understand if they don't like to be around me, nor like me at all.

This of course is my point of view on the topic, so you can flame me if you will, but I’m just saying what I believe.

DOOM Anomaly said:

DOOM Anomaly just Really Freaking HATES

Why are you talking about yourself in the third person? You sound like a caveman.

fraggle said:

Why are you talking about yourself in the third person? You sound like a caveman.

Soz..DOOM Anoma--... I tend to talk in third person a lot.

fraggle said:

deathz0r no like call caveman

fraggle said:

Heh, maybe it turns him on or something :)

Sephiroth said:

A good example is a friend of mine who says he loves his girlfriend yet cheats on her every chance he gets, and at the same time expects his every request to be granted. I would slap him upside the head if I saw him more.

How can this jerk be your friend!?

Me? Hmm, I really don't know. There are women that I just can't stand and some that I like a lot. I generally do my best to treat them with respect, yet I'm wondering whether I AM treating them as actual equals.

I've come to realize that I haven't always shown the necessary respect - I once commented on how my mum's nose was glistening (I just made a casual comment). NEVER EVER do this, because women are generally extremely sensitive about their looks (so I'm told) - after making the abovementioned comment and when I wasn't looking, my mum went into her room and put some makeup on her nose so to make sure that it didn't glisten.

When I was younger, I tended to easily become depressed about myself being a man because I had a bad conscience about the way women have been oppressed by the man throughout history. In these cases I would sit down for like one hour and just think that I was an asshole because I am a man.
I have later come to realize that I really shouldn't be that harsh on myself, because I cannot be held responsible for what my forefathers did. Besides, I have become aware that women are no better - if the women came into power, I'm sure they'd be just as oppressive.

They are after all just as human as I.

Well. It's all about understanding, would it be between genders, ethnies or anything else. People tend to have odd reactions when confronted to something they don't understand.
Now, there are those who claim we need to understand eachothers. I strongly disagree. We don't need to understand everything (yes, my reflexion includes science too), what we need is to accept the unknown and to stay open-minded.
You don't need understanding to appreciate someone or something. No. You need acceptance. Of course, we're getting very close to some more religious topics here, but you get the idea.
In my opinion, intolerance is the product of thousands of years of systematic intellectualisation. Human beings should understand they're not meant to understand, they're meant to feel.

I agree with most of that, I think, The Reverend Julian. Though I'd like to add we don't understand simply (well, maybe it isn't simple) because we don't, notwithstanding what we want or think or whatnot. Explanations get old and change as they are uttered.

In my opinion, intolerance is the product of thousands of years of systematic intellectualisation.

Eh? Exactly how tolerant were humans ten thousand years ago? Intellectualisation leads to greater tolerance. The thing that really did lower tolerance was the power of the Christian church, from the dark age until recently :(

Human beings should understand they're not meant to understand, they're meant to feel.

We're suited for both understanding and feeling. We can understand most things. If there's something we can't understand - we'll develop the ability to do so in the future.

Fredrik, rationalism has been intellectually hegemonic since the Golden age of Greece, even during Christian times. From what I see TRJ is talking about rational dogmatism, which was pretty standard till it started to break during the 20th century.

myk said:
From what I see TRJ is talking about rational dogmatism, which was pretty standard till it started to break during the 20th century.

Yes, I'm talking about the imposed drive to understand. Understanding in itself is not bad (tho one could argue its feasibility), but the idea that everything can and must be understood seems pretty self-destructive to me. Mostly because it involves a shitload of trial and error with strictly no assurance of success.
Nowadays, our own enviromnent and health is dependant on such 'trial and errors'.

Fredrik said:
Eh? Exactly how tolerant were humans ten thousand years ago? Intellectualisation leads to greater tolerance. The thing that really did lower tolerance was the power of the Christian church, from the dark age until recently :(

I don't think the problem is the Religion itself. I think it deals with morality. Churches usually deviate from their own religion and tend to become moral standard promoters. Moral is all about classifying things into good or bad, normal or abnormal, acceptable or non-acceptable: something very binary and very intellectual.
Anyway, I'm not quite sure people are more tolerant nowadays then they were ten thousand years ago. Maybe, they have a little larger view of their surrounding environment. Maybe Knowledge is more widespread. Depends on where you're born still.

Fredrik said:
If there's something we can't understand - we'll develop the ability to do so in the future.

Any proof of that statement? Or is it just plain belief?

Don't think the problem is the Religion itself.

Neither do I, I'm speaking of the political control.

Any proof of that statement? Or is it just plain belief?

That's plain belief. Well, what do we have science for? :P