Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ichor

Carnage Galore 3, now for GZDoom

(Link to Hub 3 at the bottom of the post)

--- Now with 90% more DamNums ---

For many months since finishing the latest version of AEoD, I have been working on converting Carnage Galore 3 from JHexen to ZDoom. In addition to finally being able to use slopes in the maps, I've also added quite a few new things:

Monsters:

All old monsters will be returning. In the past, I didn't know how to add new monsters, so I had to replace them with anything new. Eventually, I did figure that out, and new monsters were added. However, this caused the code to get real messy, and old original frames had to be re-added as something new for certain monsters (i.e. chaos mutant). Now, not only is everything cleaned up, but it's organized a lot better. Oh yeah, there's new monsters too...

Some of the monster sprites have been changed as well. I did away with the model rip types (gargoyles, skull wizard, etc.) and made them into sprites that look more fitting.

A few of the old monsters have been changed slightly. Some you'll probably never notice, but others will be more obvious.

Weapons:

Each class will have two new weapons, plus one weapon used by all three classes. Each slot, except for slot 1, will have two weapons each. All weapons, old and new, will have an alt-fire, and when combined with the tome of power, will give each weapon a total of four firing modes. Also, the slot 4 weapons will use a new mana type instead of both blue and green mana.

Items:

Most original Hexen items are included. Notable exceptions include the Chaos Device because while it can be a lifesaver, it creates a lot of headaches concerning scripting, the Banishment Device, which doesn't actually "banish" anything, but just sends monsters to another part of the map, where you'll probably have to deal with them again later anyway, and the Disc of Repulsion. These have been replaced with the Ring of Wizardry, which cuts mana usage by 1/2, the Hold Spell, which temporarily freezes any enemy in its path, and the Malison Scroll, which is an AoE curse spell.

All original CG3 items are also included (i.e. Potion of Fire Resistance, Charm Spell, etc.), and a few brand new items were thrown in as well, including the unused golden egg graphic. The Charm Spell will now always charm a monster that can be charmed, instead of only having a chance to work. To compensate, it has been made less common.

Some of the old items were changed a bit as well. The Mystic Urn now increases your health to 300. The torch now lights up a large area around you instead of the entire map. I've been wanting to do this for a long time now, but until now I couldn't (one of the many limitations of JHexen). It's similar to the one in Serpent Resurrection, but I tried creating it myself instead of borrowing the code from there. Then there's the flechettes. They have been replaced by the Potion of Freezing, which detonates and can freeze whatever gets too close (including you).

Maps:

I still need to change the fake slopes (i.e. those arches) into real ones, and change those fake 3D bridges into real ones. All of this is done now. After I finish this and maybe go back to a couple of hub 1 maps and improve them a little, I'll begin working on new maps (I'm on hub 3 now).

List of Weapons:

Fighter
Fists

• primary fire is the same as before
  • alt-fire is a quick two punches
  • powered up primary is the life draining gauntlets
  • powered up alt-fire will drain mana instead

Vorpal Blade

• primary fire is a melee swing attack. Hitting an enemy that bleeds will increase it's charge.
  • alt-fire will use up any charge you have. The more charge you have stored, the longer and more powerful the effect.
  • Not affected by the Tome of Power.

Timon's Battle Axe

• alt-fire throws an axe projectile
  • powered up primary is a more powerful melee attack
  • powered up alt-fire throws an auto-seeking red axe

Mindblower

• primary fire is a somewhat rapid fire projectile
  • alt-fire fires a bunch of rail shots in a slight horizontal spread pattern
  • powered up primary is much like the Mindblower alt-fire from AEoD, except there's no explosive burst upon impact
  • powered up alt-fire is a burst of projectiles that are similar to what the primary fire uses, but smaller

Hammer of Retribution

• alt-fire throws a homing on bounce hammer at a slightly faster rate
  • powered up primary throws an orange-glowing and much more explosive hammer instead
  • powered up alt-fire is the same as the primary, but also homing on bounces

Dragon Claw

• primary fire is the same as in Heretic
  • alt-fire fires a shotgun-like pattern instead of a single hitscan shot
  • powered up primary fire is the same as in Heretic
  • powered up alt-fire fires a projectile that shoots out several rail attacks on impact

Quietus

• primary fire is a melee attack
  • alt-fire is the normal Hexen attack
  • powered up primary is a more powerful melee attack
  • powered up alt-fire shoots out several powerful projectiles that travel along the ground

Cleric
Mace of Contrition

• alt-fire is a slower, but more powerful melee attack
  • powered up primary will drain life

Redeemer's Hand

• primary fire is a rapid fire, medium range hitscan attack. Killing an enemy with it will add to the number of souls you have collected.
  • if you aim at a corpse when you use alt-fire, it will detonate that corpse and use up a soul, causing immense damage to any nearby enemies. The more health the enemy had while it was alive, the greater the damage its corpse will do. Using alt-fire where there's no corpse will not use up a soul.
  • not affected by the Tome of Power

Serpent Staff (the Hellstaff that replaced this was removed)

• primary fire is the same as before, but there's a nifty trail effect to the shots. However, at melee range, it will not drain life.
  • alt-fire is a short ranged burst of poisonous (not really) gas
  • powered up primary shoots two auto-seeking barbs of acid
  • powered up alt-fire shoots a single homing projectile that weaves in a somewhat unpredictable manner and explodes on impact

Crossbow of Consecration

• primary fire shoots out three magic arrows (not like Heretic)
  • alt-fire fires a single arrow that will cause acid rain to fall on the impact point (more similar to Heretic 2 than the first one)
  • powered up primary shoots out five explosive arrows
  • powered up alt-fire will cause a meteor to fall on the impact point

Firestorm

• primary fire is a rapid fire attak
  • powered up primary is a more powerful and slightly slower rapid fire
  • powered up alt-fire fires a projectile that will rain down fireballs on whatever hostile monster it hits (similar to the Firestorm in the Hexen 2 expansion)

Astreon's Iron Ward

• primary fire shoots out a volley of three bouncing spiked balls (unlike Heretic, they will bounce normally in water and hit ghosts)
  • alt-fire fires a single bouncing ripper ball
  • powered up primary shoots out spikes balls that shatter on impact
  • powered up alt-fire shoots out a large red ball that acts much like the big Firemace sphere in Heretic (except this bouces in water), except instead of instantly killing the targets, it will rip through them

Wraithverge

• primary fire fires a series of four ghosts that rotate around each other (like AEoD's version)
  • powered up primary fires a massive ball of holy energy
  • powered up alt-fire causes an explosion to occur at the player's location, damaging anything within range

Mage
Sickle (the Sapphire Wand was moved to slot 2 to allow the mage to start with a melee weapon like the other classes)

• primary fire is a melee attack
  • alt-fire is a slower, more powerful melee attack
  • powered up primary will drain life

Totem Staff

• primary fire is a medium speed shotgun-like attack. Killing an enemy with it will drain it of its health and mojo.
  • using the alt-fire with enough mojo will create a frightful aura for a short time. The more mojo you have collected, the longer it will last and the more powerful the effect.
  • not affected by the Tome of Power

Frost Shards

• primary fire is the same as it was before
  • alt-fire shoots out an icy blast that will seek out any target that you were aiming at when you fired
  • powered up primary fires a burst of icy spikes
  • powered up alt-fire fires an ice dragon

Sapphire Wand (now uses blue mana)

• primary fire is the same as it was before, except the attacks no longer pierce enemies. To compensate for this and the fact that it uses mana now, the attacks are a lot more powerful and there's less delay between shots
  • alt-fire shoots a quick three shots
  • powered up primary fires a much slower, but more powerful projectile
  • powered up alt-fire shoots a quick three shots (a little quicker than the normal alt-fire)

Arc of Death

• primary fire is the same as it was before
  • alt-fire fires a ball of lightning that explodes on impact and expands to a large sphere of damage electricity before it fades
  • powered up primary is similar to the Sigil (one piece) from Strife
  • powered up alt-fire fires a large ball of lightning that shoots out rail attacks at anything near its path

Heart of King Loric

• primary fire continually fires out shards of bone (much like in Hexen 2)
  • alt-fire fires a skull that sends shards flying in all directions upon impact
  • powered up primary is a rapid fire rail attack
  • powered up alt-fire shoots an auto-seeking flaming skull with a massive spray of bone shards on impact

Bloodscourge

• primary fire is a medium range flamethrower
  • powered up primary is a rotating fire shield that will incinerate anything that gets too close
  • powered up alt-fire fires a single projectile that shoots out fireballs in a rather spectacular fashion

All Classes
Staff of D'Sparil

• primary fire is like it was before
  • alt-fire summons a disciple for a short time
  • powered up primary is a powerful, rapid fire lightning attack
  • powered up alt-fire summons a skull wizard for a short time, but only one can be active at a time

List of New Items:

• Hold Spell - The Mystic Ambit Incant is typically a multiplayer only item, but I couldn't let that pickup sprite go unused, so I created a red scroll for this. Anyway, it fires a stream of red energy similar to the Banishment Device. However, instead of teleporting them away, they will be held in place (even if they're in mid-air). Also like the Banishment Device, it can affect multiple enemies.
  • Tome of Power - Seems fairly obvious what this does by now...
  • Potion of Fire Resistance - Cuts all fire damage by 1/2. It took a long time and a lot of coding to get this to work in JHexen, but in ZDoom?...I just needed a simple decorate entry.
  • Time Stop - Umm...stops time
  • Potion of Regeneration - Replenishes your health over time. However, it works a little differently than the typical regeneration powerup. It gives you health as fast as you would lose it from poison. In JHexen, I was able to make it so the HP number never moved if you had this active and you got poisoned. In ZDoom however, I can't quite do that, so this same situation might make the HP number quickly jump back and forth between...say, 23 and 24 HP. It won't regenerate past 100 HP though, so unless you're preparing for a rough battle, it wouldn't be a good idea to use it after using a Mystic Urn.
  • Ring of Wizardry - Cuts all mana usage by 1/2, with odd numbers rounded up. For instance, if something normally used 5 green mana, this would reduce it to 3 used. In cases where something costs 1 mana, it would use up 1 mana every other shot.
  • Charm Spell - Converts a monster to your side, and from then on until it dies, it will attack other enemies. Unlike previous versions, it will always charm a monster if it can be charmed.
  • Fire Wave - Shoots out a circle of flames that travel along the floor and burn anything in their path.
  • Glyph - Once you use this, it will spawn in a spot in front of you and sit there until an unlucky enemy wanders by. It will then home in on the target and explode. If the target dies or moves out of range before this happens, it will stop and wait for the next target.
  • Morph Shield - Prevents you from being turned into a pig for a short time, or turns you back from a pig.
  • Force Cube - Works like in AEoD, but with some new effects.
  • Malison Scroll - Will curse anything within range for a short duration. Whatever is affected will take double damage and deal half damage. Works on bosses too.
  • Potion of Freezing - Set one of these down and it will start to fume to show that it's active. If any enemy wanders by, it will explode, damaging anything nearby, including you. Friendly monsters will not trigger it, but they can be damaged by it just the same.
  • Foetid Flask - Spawns a pod for you to blow up or jump on.
  • Full Armor - This will instantly give you all 4 armor types and the extra boost from the dragonskin bracers.

No screenshots now, but here's a video (updated):

And now the third hub is done. I'm confident that there shouldn't be any bugs, game breaking or otherwise.

You do not need to use a health bar mod or DamNums with this, since they are both included within. Trying to run either mod along with this will likely cause it to crash.

Now then, on to hub 4.

- Latest update -

Mega

Dropbox

It is good to see this mod being revitilated... it was one of the classics and now with both Jdoom's waning and (G)Zdoom's waxing, it is good to see where this can go. The weapons are much improved from what I read, and it puts to good use sprites created that better suit the monsters than the previous 3D rips. I imagine the SkullWizards and Xaxer's improvements to the 'Disciple Bishops' to find their way in here as well. I can't wait to try out a new and improved incarnation, with even more levels to boot!

Yeah, that skull wizard (the red bishop with a skull head) is in there, and the behavior has been changed a bit. As for the bishops (which I do call disciples), it sounds like Xaser and I have similar ideas there.

Most monsters can be charmed, except for the bosses. Anyway, here's a partial list:

Ettin (both types)
Centaur (all types)
Chaos Serpent (all non-boss types)
Stalker (all types)
Disciple (Bishop)
Reiver and buried Reiver
Wendigo
Sabreclaw
Gargoyles

Well I stucked in the first level which I need to do something with book and library. Could anybody help me out? :P
I know I'm very stupid...

Or a walkthrough I'd glady appreciate!

zilvia said:

Well I stucked in the first level which I need to do something with book and library. Could anybody help me out? :P

Please help me! :D

Great news. This has been one mod I haven't been able to play because the old JDoom version it came with didn't work well on my system.

zilvia said:

The first book is in a room near the tome of power. Get that and put it in a slot in the library (you'll have to look for it as it's in a random spot). The second book is on a table in the side room. Once you put that one in its slot, get ready for some action.

Interesting.
I must've been hiding under some rock, because I haven't heard of Carnage Galore before (then again, never was really interested in Hexen mods).

I've also been "working" on a few cool ideas I would like to put some day in a TC/game built on Hexen IWAD, based somewhat on World of Warcraft solo gameplay. I totally suck at creating new graphic/audio resources, but I intend to script a few interesting weapons, spells and skills first, even if it means using recoloured and rehashed IWAD resources.

That said - I'm really looking forward this release, I bet I can learn a lot from your work and keep my own inspiration up!

Good luck!

Hooray, an update after all this time. Real life and all that...

Guess what. It's time for an update. Yes, I'm still working on this. The citadel has turned out to be a bit of a chore to make, mostly in coming up with good ideas for the last area or two, though it has been fun to make at times. Once that's done, the rest of the maps should be easier. There's also going to be a bit of interconnectivity besides the main entrances, so that causing some minor issues. As well as deciding where to put the puzzle switches/items and the secrets and figuring out the logical progression in the map. Enemy placement is actually rather fun. There's lots of options to use now as opposed to the first hub, where I was limited somewhat. Anyway...

List of changes:

• Added the foetid flask, which spawns a poison pod for you to push around and shoot. They're kind of like the cleric's flechette, except you control (mostly) when they explode. It's also useful for blocking enemies for a time and even to jump on.
  • Added the full armor, a rare item which instantly gives all armors, including the boost you would normally get from the dragonskin bracers. So picking one up would give 20 armor for the fighter, 18 for the cleric, and 16 for the mage.
  • Changed the yorick's skull script for map 1 so that once you get the skull from the store, you won't be able to leave the map until you pick up the rusted key. This is to make sure that you somehow don't end up with a skull when you leave the hub, since there might be another yorick's statue later on. Also, the main objective in this case is the rusted key, and it would be a shame if you forgot it.
  • Added a portal from map 1 back to 5, which opens once you pick up the rusted key. You can still exit map 1 normally and get a secret in map 2, but now you're not forced to do so.
  • Removed a few redundant or unnecessary messages.
  • Improved the glyph explosion effect. The glyph also blinks yellow or red depending on who set it. Anything that steps into the light will trigger the glyph.
  • The wendigo is now a lot more brutal. However, those wendigos spawned from the frost lich are the same as always.
  • All glowing green books now have actual text.
  • Fixed a glitch that went unnoticed for many years. If the gem puzzle in map 8 required both sapphire and diamond planets, using the sapphire planet first would not change the planet texture to show that it had been placed.
  • D'Sparil now has a limit to the amount of disciples and skull wizard he can have active at one time. Once he reaches his limit, no more will be summoned until some of them die. Instead, he will default to his other attacks.
  • D'Sparil's staff shot wasn't triggering projectile impact lines (a flag leftover from the inherited actor).
  • Another bug that went unnoticed for while was that D'Sparil's dead body was somehow disappearing during the ghostly D'Sparil battle. Originally, the body was supposed to remain throughout the battle, and then when the ghost was defeated, the gem would shatter and the body would burst into fireballs. Now it works normally again. This bug also had the potential to break the actual script. I discovered this by putting a bunch of freezing potions around the body (since that's where the ghost rises). The instant the gem was placed, they exploded and froze the actual body, preventing the ghost from rising and halting all of the scripts.
  • Made an adjustment to the map 3 puzzle so the library door shuts and remains closed once you pick up the swamp key, and then reopens once you hit the switch. This is to eliminate any confusion should you decide to leave the map without hitting the puzzle switch first.
  • Monsters are now faster in skill 6. Not quite as fast as if you used -fast, but they also don't stand still and continually shoot. This means the monsters will move around a lot more, making them harder to hit in most cases. Because of this and the slightly increased health of some monsters, mana amounts have been slightly increased for skill 6. You get 20 instead of 15 small mana, 60 instead of 50 large mana, 25 instead of 20 combined mana, and 75 instead of 60 large combined mana.
  • The meteor from the powered up crossbow alt-fire now always spawns on the ceiling instead of at the point of impact.
  • Fixed some texture issues leftover from the moving of the textures from a .wad to a .pk3 directory.
  • Made a few balancing adjustments to some weapons.
  • Added a new enemy. You should start seeing the little pests somewhere in the second hub.
  • Added some colored sector fog to some parts of a few maps, and in all of map 10.
  • The hold spell now shoots out 5 projectiles instead of 1, much like the porkelator.
  • The primary fire of all slot 4 weapons, except D'Sparil's Staff, now uses a little less mana.
  • The melee attack of Timon's Axe now uses 3 mana instead of 2, but the damage has been increased.
  • Made some adjustments to maps 2, 6, and 10, smoothing out a lot of the area and removing some pointless jumping, especially in map 6.
  • The torch (artifact) light now extends to a greater distance. It also doesn't cause massive slowdown if you use a time stop when the torch is active.
  • The mage's sickle attack has been greatly improved, and it looks a lot smoother now.
  • D'Sparil's staff alt-fire now summons two disciples in the same manner as D'Sparil does. It will also have the same summon limit. If you try to summon too many, others will die.
  • Improved the Emerald Gate effect (that green thing in map 10).
  • Made some minor changes to the maulotaur battle, mainly removing a lot of the obstacles like stalagmites and rocks and things.
  • And of course the bug fixes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kj72d0yosmwrv3/cg3_ch2.pk3?dl=0

After a few hours of work, I have managed to make all weapons and the hud widescreen compatible. It wasn't as easy as I first thought, though those widescreen graphics did help a lot. Still, I did have to touch up some of them to make them look better, and some weapons had an alt-fire or powered up version that needed some new graphics (i.e. the red axe). It all worked out in the end, and the hud looks good as well. Those wings did need to be extended a bit though, since they looked like they were cut off abruptly. Also, since all I changed were the graphics, it shouldn't interfere with your savegames.

Download is the same link as before.

Screenshot_Hexen_20180619_033324a.png

I still haven't played this even though I've known about it forever. I still remember the site with the cool bestiary info that isn't around anymore, it intrigued me to no end as a Hexen fan.

I think now is the time for a new update. The third hub is moving along a bit faster now that I'm done with the citadel. The library is the map I'm working on now, and the main building won't be nearly as large, meaning it shouldn't take quite as long to finish it. After that, there are three more maps to make. Anyway, on to the fixes and changes:

• Removed the hidden flag from most secret areas
  • Reduced the fog density in most maps.
  • Added some fog to the exit in map 8 leading to 10 for the sake of consistency.
  • Increased the speed of a few weapon projectiles, like the crossbow bolts, iron balls, iron rippers (and increased the ripping damage a bit to compensate), and bone shards.
  • Fixed a couple of glitches with the stained windows in map 9.
  • The iron ward alt-fire now defaults to one shot at a time instead of two. Rapid fire is unchanged.
  • The sapphire wand no longer uses mana for its primary fire (powered and unpowered). As a result, the damage is reduced. Alt-fire is unchanged, though the shots themselves are a little larger.
  • The cleric crossbow can now be used even when out of blue mana. It will shoot 3 unpowered arrows for every firing mode you use until you collect more blue mana.
  • The torch now causes much less slowdown.
  • Fixed some glitches with selecting and firing weapons when almost out of mana.
  • Fixed some level text (solved puzzles, etc.) not appearing in the console.
  • Gargoyles, except the ice gargoyle, can now be frozen if they are at ground level.
  • Monsters will no longer be able to hang around right behind the emerald gate.
  • The flame centaur was renamed to the brutaur.
  • Increased maximum carry amount of all coins and malison scroll to 40
  • Removed excess SCRIPTS entries in the wad. Some of them went back to over a decade ago.
  • Added a secret where you can get the second third slot weapon (i.e. dragon claw) earlier, and a book with a hint about it.[/list]

I don't think I will need to make another one of these updates before the third hub is done, but who knows?

Guess it was good that I started this and stopped back in September last year, I'll have to start it up again when I do!

Quick update:

• GZDoom 3.8 was causing the hub 2 sky to turn black. That's been fixed (this was the main reason for the update).
  • Fixed a badly misaligned texture in map 5.
  • Made the black areas in map 8 brighter.

Same link as before

Why don't you want to add a GAMEINFO lump to autoload Hexen WAD?

(I'm struggling to start playing this game even tho I have waited for a long time for it to be fully completed. :D It charms me from the starting location.)

Time for an update. This one isn't to large as far as number of changes, but it is kind of an important one for gameplay. I wasn't going to make an update for a while, but someone told me that the melee weapons weren't hitting things quite like the fists. So after a fair bit of tinkering, I managed to get them all to work like the fists (as in, aim in a wider cone than what A_CustomPunch does).

• Improved the hit detection for all melee attacks. This includes the frost shards melee attack.
  • Included the capital letter font (along with some minor improvements) that was made back in April.

So I started a let's play of CG3 today:

I'm liking this so far. Not very fond of the Heretic enemies because... Heretic isn't much fun to me, but hey at least they do new things at least. The new fire modes seem interesting but I don't know how I feel about having so many modes yet (probably because some of them feel too similar, like the secondary powered up fire of the Mage's second weapon).

The wand alt-fire is a good way to deal with centaurs, since that quick burst of three shots is quicker than they can react and put up the shields. It's also a good sniping weapon. Anyway, I tried to make them as close to the original Hexen weapons, while giving the alt-fires and new weapons certain roles that the originals lacked, such as rapid fire, burst damage, hitscan or near-hitscan sniping, centaur squishing, etc. and making them look cool and fun to use.

Also, things get more interesting in hub 2.

And as for those crashes, I'm not sure what the cause of that is. It kind of looks like a GZDoom issue, something to do with ZScript I imagine, though I'll look into it. Now, this mod does use ZScript, but not very much (still not good at it like with decorate).

Oh yeah, have you tried it with dynamic lighting (hardware) on? Right now, the torches use dynamic lighting, so it won't work when the setting is off. It's something that I need to fix soon (so it works like the old torch if the dynamic lighting is off).

Yeah, I did notice when some of the new secondary fires where at their finest, they're especially deadly against Centaurs/Slaughtars, which is just what was needed. My only "meh" moment was when I noticed that they weren't that interesting to see at first, despite their uncontested efficiency/usefulness in combat. I've heard that things get interesting later on indeed :D. Also I really like that health bar above monsters, that's a pretty neat touch.

I have no idea what to make of the crashes either. It's interesting considering that CG3 is virtually the only wad I've ever played in GZDoom that makes the port crash. Or should I say map instead? It seems to only quit to menu in random circumstances, triggered by... something, and not a traditional CTD. I did send Graf a message after the stream, maybe he can provide some insight.

Didn't know about the dynamic lights, gonna enable them the next time, and put the brightmaps ON while I'm at it as well. My suggestion for future updates is to make some improvements to the new HUD, unfortunately it's not affected by the scaling options at all, as you can see in the stream, and neither are the new messages nor the health bar. And maybe give some enemies new tricks, I was a bit disappointed when I first encountered the new Chaos Serpent as it only seemed to be a retextured variant similar to the Ground Serpent from vanilla, without any new attacks.

Thanks for watching my Hexen/Heretic vids by the way (though Heretic kinda went south near the end) :).

Edited by seed

I'm not sure why it crashes, but I think I know where it's coming from. With every crash (and it has happened to me on rare occasions), it all references something in FHammerPuff and HammerCheck. That was something I put in to simulate the hammer not throwing the hammer if it hit something. Now that the hammer was moved to ZScript to improve the hit detection, that was no longer needed. Actually, I forgot it was even there. Anyway, I removed that whole bit of code and modified the ZScript for the hammer attacks and the hammer functions like before, but without needing HammerCheck. Hopefully, this should stop the crashes.

As for dynamic lights and the torch, I made some changes on that and it should now work if dynamic lights are on or off. What will happen is that if it's on, it will show the old torch effect, and if it's off, it will show the new effect. If you switch it on or off after you use it, it should change effects. I'll have an update ready in a short time, and it shouldn't affect any of the savegames (I just tested it on one of mine).

Ok update uploaded.

Got some more videos :) .

Your fix seems to work correctly too, the game has not crashed since.

Spoiler

And I finished CG3 this morning. Good stuff, I'm definitely up for more if you're going to make more maps for it in the future.

I did notice a new bug though. The new status bar causes at least some of the Mage's weapons to have missing faces (I think that's what's missing?). For the future, it would also be nice to have the new status bar/HUD and book messages affected by the scaling options.

Hmm, interesting. It's not actually missing anything. The offset is just a bit too high, though this is the first time I saw that, and I do play with the normal status bar.