Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

The "stupid mod idea" thread

WAITING IN LINE THE MOD. Yeah the name says it all. No fighting. If you want to finish the level, you'll wait in line.

CHICKEN DOOM where everything is a harmless chicken... but to beat the level you need to kill 90% of the chickens. ... or feed 90% of them!

DOOM THE MOVIE THE MOD where you play Karl Urban and the imps are those found in the movie. No Cyberdemons... or spider masterminds.

CLICKBAIT DOOM where there are signs like health and ammo in this door! To which there's a health vial or a helmet. Key in here! But its behind a pane of glass and you need to enter through a different door.

RANDOM SOUND DOOM OMG a revenant sound!... oh wait its just a harmless zombie. OMG an arachnetron sound... no its a revenant. Random sounds always. Make it.

DOOM DATING SIMULATOR why shoot when you can answer questions? Give things to impze to make them fall in luff with u. Marry your bestie Mancubus, but only if you can get her to admit she likes you as she's super shy.

DOOM DRINKING GAME doesn't have to be a mod... just take a drink with every death or level complete. To make a mod out of it, there is only one level that you replay over and over, with the twist being, the first time you play it, its all former humans. The second time you play it, its all shotgunners and it keeps going up in terms of enemy difficulty. The further you get the less control Doomguy has to walk straight or aim strait.

DOOM IN THE DARKNESS for the hardcore fans... if you move too much, the screen goes black for a second. If you shoot too much or too long it goes black too. So you either have to move slow or memorize the timing of everything.

SWITCH HITTER is simple, you start with a pistol and cannot change it, nor can you get ammunition. Instead, when you take damage the weapon changes and you get 25% of its full ammunition. This should keep thints interesting.

DAIKADOOM replaces Doom's weapons with those found in Daikatana including their negatives. Such as the starter pistol shocks you when you use it standing in liquid.

THERE'S ALWAYS AN ARCH-VILE puts an arch-vile in each level that cannot be killed. This gives incentive for players to hurry through.

Edited by geo

Dungeons & Doom: You're in a Wizardry type dungeon maze and you encounter random monsters like imps, revenants, etc. Sometimes you'll get more than one group at a time for an enounter. You have to go through a complex series of dice rolls and saving throws each round during the battle. "I use my super shotgun on that hell knight." You roll a 7. Hell knight rolls a 10. This occurs for each pellet. After all rolls and calculations, which would last about ten minutes or so, it's determined that you do 26 total damage. All that was for the first shot. Then the hell knight, along with the other three hell knights and two revenants get a turn, with each attempt takes another five to ten minutes to calculate. By the end of the battle...the first of many...three and a half hours  have elapsed.

Have fun with slaughtermaps.

6 minutes ago, Ichor said:

Dungeons & Doom: You're in a Wizardry type dungeon maze and you encounter random monsters like imps, revenants, etc. Sometimes you'll get more than one group at a time for an enounter. You have to go through a complex series of dice rolls and saving throws each round during the battle. "I use my super shotgun on that hell knight." You roll a 7. Hell knight rolls a 10. This occurs for each pellet. After all rolls and calculations, which would last about ten minutes or so, it's determined that you do 26 total damage. All that was for the first shot. Then the hell knight, along with the other three hell knights and two revenants get a turn, with each attempt takes another five to ten minutes to calculate. By the end of the battle...the first of many...three and a half hours  have elapsed.

Have fun with slaughtermaps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kgx2b1sIRs

This has to play in the mod's background, too. 

49 minutes ago, geo said:

DOOM DATING SIMULATOR why shoot when you can answer questions? Give things to impze to make them fall in luff with u. Marry your bestie Mancubus, but only if you can get her to admit she likes you as she's super shy.

It's most likely HDoom to me.

9 hours ago, Apaul27 said:

It's most likely HDoom to me.

You don't date in that mod.

10 hours ago, Ichor said:

Dungeons & Doom

Heretic/Hexen :O?

Chess Doom, instead of fighting you play a game of chess with every monther

13 minutes ago, Dan50 said:

Chess Doom, instead of fighting you play a game of chess with every monther

Sounds more like an interesting idea than a stupid one.

Random mod idea: DooM 2 but the entire level order is reversed (so you start on map 30 and end on map 01) and the 15th map in sends you to 32 first (Grosse) then sends you to wolfenstein (should you use the secret exit) And also all health and armour locations are swapped.

1 hour ago, Dragonsbrethren said:

A modified version of Doom64 EX that can play Doom II.

And why would that be stupid lol.

It's not stupid in the "lol randumb" sense but it's something that popped into my head and I immediately dismissed, because I can't think of any real reason to do it. The sector lighting is nifty, but GZDoom can do that now.

Sort of based on Voltcom's idea: Rocket Doom.

All the monsters fire rockets at you, but you shoot rockets back.

So the shotgun fires seven rockets in a random horizontal (and vertical, maybe) spread, the chaingun rapid fires rockets, the rocket launcher shoots rockets that explode into more rockets after a second, the SSG shoots twenty rockets, and the BFG shoots 40 all at once.

Conversely, the shotgunners would fire three at you, the chaingunners rapid fire, and the fatsos would probably become the worst just after the cyber, which would shoot those cluster rockets.

Upon further thought, this actually sounds as cool as it is ridiculous.

It would be really fun to watch the monsters infight and just obliterate themselves.

5 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Sort of based on Voltcom's idea: Rocket Doom.

All the monsters fire rockets at you, but you shoot rockets back.

So the shotgun fires seven rockets in a random horizontal (and vertical, maybe) spread, the chaingun rapid fires rockets, the rocket launcher shoots rockets that explode into more rockets after a second, the SSG shoots twenty rockets, and the BFG shoots 40 all at once.

Conversely, the shotgunners would fire three at you, the chaingunners rapid fire, and the fatsos would probably become the worst just after the cyber, which would shoot those cluster rockets.

Upon further thought, this actually sounds as cool as it is ridiculous.

It would be really fun to watch the monsters infight and just obliterate themselves.

This was kind of done long ago: Boom Doom

Beware, it makes Doom insanely difficult.

Weapons have upgraded counterparts (with extra weapons, obviously) but there's some sort of catch that makes them a pain to shoot at times, possibly because of those upgrades. Say, the upgraded Rocket Launcher has, like, 5 barrels and shoots better rockets. The catch is, you gotta wait until the entire thing sets up and prepares. Then the thing explodes in your hands (with no damage of course) in your hands and you have to redo the entire thing each time you shoot it.

Shameless plug for a mod I'm actually working on.

How about a GPS in Doom that tells you where to find the keys and where linedef actions can be activated (would be helpful for '94-type wads that have random walls that open up) it could make some puzzling maps a bit easier for the casual Doomer.

4 hours ago, valkiriforce said:

How about a GPS in Doom that tells you where to find the keys and where linedef actions can be activated (would be helpful for '94-type wads that have random walls that open up) it could make some puzzling maps a bit easier for the casual Doomer.

IDDT

IDDT is equivalent to an allmap+scanner, it doesn't show what lines can be activated (as far as I know, if it can, then why wasn't I made aware). Valkiri's idea is a pretty good one.

Shame on you, valkiriforce! This thread is for stupid ideas!

How about something where you play through an already completed map (doors opened, monsters dead, keys used, etc.)?

"No, John, You Are the Demons"

You play a random monster in any map and have to kill the marine before he exits the level, but he's like the evil doomguy monster that was created somewhere, and you're only as fast as the monster you are and can only attack in that same way.

Alternatively, a mod where you can't use any of your keys more than once, so if you open the optional red door and not the required red door, you either have to get another working key or restart.

1 hour ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Shame on you, valkiriforce! This thread is for stupid ideas!

It would be a bad idea if you had an overly chatty voice redirecting your everywhere and overshadowing the game a la mom simulator 2016. Otherwise it would be interesting without the voices.

For another bad idea, how about monsters with limited ammo? After a while former humans and sergeants can only pull the trigger with a click sound but no bullets come out of it.

44 minutes ago, valkiriforce said:

It would be a bad idea if you had an overly chatty voice redirecting your everywhere and overshadowing the game a la mom simulator 2016. Otherwise it would be interesting without the voices.

For another bad idea, how about monsters with limited ammo? After a while former humans and sergeants can only pull the trigger with a click sound but no bullets come out of it.

How about if you and a nearsighted cyberdemon have one rocket between you, and you both take turns playing catch with it?

8 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

"No, John, You Are the Demons"

You play a random monster in any map and have to kill the marine before he exits the level, but he's like the evil doomguy monster that was created somewhere, and you're only as fast as the monster you are and can only attack in that same way.

Alternatively, a mod where you can't use any of your keys more than once, so if you open the optional red door and not the required red door, you either have to get another working key or restart.

That sounds a little bit like Beast Incarnation. You play as a monster chosen from a menu and the enemies are the humans and their machines. As you level up, you gain access to more powerful monsters. Coincidentally, I am hosting it with my maps on my little Zandronum server right now.

Edited by Empyre

Idea for a Half-Life mod.

Story: When Gordan Freeman tried to escape from Xen, the portal breaks up, and merging the following universes: DOOM, Heretic & Hexen, Strife, Quake, Wolfenstein, Half-Life, Wool Ball, Call of Duty, Deus Ex, and Unreal. The world mixed up into the ultimate apocalypse, the protagonists' enemies team up to take over. But until one day, survivors join forces to bring peace back to their world. Doom guy, Corvus, Parias, Strife guy, Ranger, B.J. Blazkowicz, Gordan, Scott & Rebecca, Nick Reyes, Adam Jensen, and Prisoner 849 must work together in order to save their worlds.

Classes: Although all classes won't have different powers, but they have their own strengths and weaknesses to better suit them. The protagonists will be place in different TF2 themed class.

1. Doom guy: Damage

2. Corvus: Unity

3. Parias: Brawler

4. B.J. Blazkowicz: Marksman

5. Strife guy: Assassin

6. Scott & Rebecca: Guns Akimbo

7. Nick Reyes: Demoman

8. Ranger: Artillery

9. Prisoner 849: Assassin

10. Adam Jensen: Augmentations

11. Gordan Freeman: Maybe all?

Weapons and Enemies:

All the monsters and all the weapons that present in all of the games listed for the mod idea will be appearing in the mod.

Levels (HUDs):

The theme will be crossing over each of the games.

P.S.A: This the first time someone post a non doom mod idea into the thread. And also, I'll might add mugshot to the protagonists, if I was making it.

19 hours ago, Apaul27 said:

Idea for a Half-Life mod.

Story: When Gordan Freeman tried to escape from Xen, the portal breaks up, and merging the following universes: DOOM, Heretic & Hexen, Strife, Quake, Wolfenstein, Half-Life, Wool Ball, Call of Duty, Deus Ex, and Unreal. The world mixed up into the ultimate apocalypse, the protagonists' enemies team up to take over. But until one day, survivors join forces to bring peace back to their world. Doom guy, Corvus, Parias, Strife guy, Ranger, B.J. Blazkowicz, Gordan, Scott & Rebecca, Nick Reyes, Adam Jensen, and Prisoner 849 must work together in order to save their worlds.

Classes: Although all classes won't have different powers, but they have their own strengths and weaknesses to better suit them. The protagonists will be place in different TF2 themed class.

1. Doom guy: Damage

2. Corvus: Unity

3. Parias: Brawler

4. B.J. Blazkowicz: Marksman

5. Strife guy: Assassin

6. Scott & Rebecca: Guns Akimbo

7. Nick Reyes: Demoman

8. Ranger: Artillery

9. Prisoner 849: Assassin

10. Adam Jensen: Augmentations

11. Gordan Freeman: Maybe all?

Weapons and Enemies:

All the monsters and all the weapons that present in all of the games listed for the mod idea will be appearing in the mod.

Levels (HUDs):

The theme will be crossing over each of the games.

P.S.A: This the first time someone post a non doom mod idea into the thread. And also, I'll might add mugshot to the protagonists, if I was making it.

That sounds a little bit like Samsara, which used to be popular on Zandronum servers, but your idea goes much further. There were extra heroes packs and monster packs made for Samsara.

On a slightly off-topic note, why is Dark Souls Doom (still) not a thing yet?

A doom mod that has characters from Teletubbies, Care Bears, Smurfs and My Little Pony in the same mod.