Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom_is_great

Wolfenstein Youngblood

So I'm really digging the 80s cyberpunk impression that this teaser gives. Really hoping that they do a good job with this one. What are eveyone else's thoughts?

Wolfenstein is a series that I think could benefit from co-op and I am glad to see it finally realised, I need more co-op games...

... And friends, that'd help too.

Excited for it being solo and coop and can't wait to play it.

However I have questions regarding the story. Does this mean no Wolf 3? Is BJ not successful? Is BJ an old man and Wolf3 takes place after this? Is this just a dream that doesn't actually happen?

I really hope this is a non-canon spinoff because the idea of BJ's twins having to continue their father's mission is ultra depressing to me. 

If this is set in the eighties, who's going to be the villain? Hitler will almost certainly be dead, Deathshead was killed in New Order (as I remember), and Engel in New Colossus. My own intuition says that some cosmic plot force has to intervene because the order would've (in real life) most likely collapsed by now.

I don't think I'll be getting this.

I'm in agreement with Mr Freeze, because this continuity is grimdark and depressing as fuck already, and this is hitting the depression nail so hard it breaks. I mean, it's been forty years (since WWII, not New Order) and still nothing's changed despite everyone's best efforts? Fuck it. Might as well nuke it all. Wouldn't make enough difference for me to care.

And there's my problem with it: I can't bring myself to care for anyone in the continuity because everyone's apparently doomed to fail. Period. Nazis win and recover from every battle because they control the entire world with ultra-tech, so why bother even trying?

Goddamn, how can this be more depressing to me than God of War 3? How is the actual apocalypse less depressing than this setting?

MachineGames, you're doing something incredibly wrong, because there's no light at the end of this road, period.

I think the Tno storyline should've just ended with the new colossus. Because this looks awful.

Edited by MrD!zone

Not excited about it

I liked TNO, loved TOB, but i hated TNC soo much that im not looking foward for the wolfenstein series anymore

Looks interesting but sadly i can't stand cyberpunk (please don't kill me Bladerunner fans :( ) Machine Games really needs to polish this one up if they want to have a good reputation again from before Wolfstein 2 got released.While i like the idea of BJ being dead or old or something and his daughters needing to continue in his footsteps he is the main character and basically mascot of Wolfenstein so i don't believe that they killed him of or made him old instead i think that this will just be a spin off in an alternative universe.

I mean it looks pretty fun but eh. I wasn't too big into the reboots unfortunately and it kills me. I'd love to be excited for a new Wolfenstein game :(

2 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

If this is set in the eighties, who's going to be the villain? Hitler will almost certainly be dead, Deathshead was killed in New Order (as I remember), and Engel in New Colossus. My own intuition says that some cosmic plot force has to intervene because the order would've (in real life) most likely collapsed by now.

I don't think I'll be getting this.

I'm in agreement with Mr Freeze, because this continuity is grimdark and depressing as fuck already, and this is hitting the depression nail so hard it breaks. I mean, it's been forty years (since WWII, not New Order) and still nothing's changed despite everyone's best efforts? Fuck it. Might as well nuke it all. Wouldn't make enough difference for me to care.

And there's my problem with it: I can't bring myself to care for anyone in the continuity because everyone's apparently doomed to fail. Period. Nazis win and recover from every battle because they control the entire world with ultra-tech, so why bother even trying?

Goddamn, how can this be more depressing to me than God of War 3? How is the actual apocalypse less depressing than this setting?

MachineGames, you're doing something incredibly wrong, because there's no light at the end of this road, period.

They really did write themselves into a corner with the whole "Nazis take over the world..... and the moon..... and jupiter" because where can you even go from there, the nazis have won, theres absolutely nothing anyone can do about it no matter how many little resistance groups you make.

Also yeah, i hated TNC with a burning passion and this looks like even more cringeworthy horseshit so hard pass.

7 hours ago, vinnie245 said:

They really did write themselves into a corner with the whole "Nazis take over the world..... and the moon..... and jupiter" because where can you even go from there, the nazis have won, theres absolutely nothing anyone can do about it no matter how many little resistance groups you make.

Alien invasion. That's the only thing that can fix this continuity.

Welp, there goes my theory that Quake Champions Ranger is from the same timeline as TNO/TNC.

Spoiler

Ranger's family photo has the year 1978 printed on it and his lore mentions that he suffers from night terrors from his time in Vietnam, but his combat outfit seems a little too futuristic for that year.... unless it's a timeline in which the Nazis developed super-futuretech weaponry and pew-pew energy laserguns on the Moon...

80s have made a comeback in non game form. Gimmicking both the Nazis with the 80s?

I assume the two daughters are Blaskovitch's kids... maybe they'll have to save their brother Commander Keen?

Sorry, but Wolfenstein without BJ is like Doom without Doomguy to me.

They better bring something extremely cool features to compensate my frustration.

There's another Wolf game they announced, too, for people with VR stuff.

After Wolf 2 I have zero hype for this.

Somehow, this doesn't interest me very much. Who could possibly lead on the Nazi war machine in the eighties anyways with major figureheads crippled (or damage done) in the fourties and sixties? That and TNC's diverse cast and stupid slogans kinda pissed me off too.

I'm always up for a co-op shooter, so I'll give it a spin (after I finish Doom Eternal, of course). The idea of having two akimbo-shotgun-wielding-badasses running around seems pretty fucking awesome. Haven't played TNC, but it looked fun enough, TNO was pretty tight, but I had some gripes. I've never been a huge Wolfenstein fan, Return was ehhhhhh, and I don't care for the original. I do like how the protagonists are directly related to BJ, that kind of thing is always fun. 

I'v rethought this over, and while Wolf 2 still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, I strongly believe this will do far better. Its hard to lock a player down in annoying first person "playable" cutscenes when there are two people, so it seems that will be nulled a bit hopefully. perhaps it won't take a half hour to actually start playing this game rather than in tnc.

On 6/14/2018 at 7:06 AM, Glaice said:

TNC's diverse cast and stupid slogans kinda pissed me off too.

You forgot to dogwhistle.

Wow, that trailer possesses the same godawful writing of TNC, I see. And it does absolutely nothing to pique my interest. Instead, after watching it, I'm left thinking, "Well, at least I'll get some nice A E S T H E T I C wallpapers out of the environments," which is sort of the massive fuckup you don't want for your trailer. There's nothing to this trailer. No exciting music, nothing to invoke an emotional reaction, nothing to make you think, "Ah, well this is new."

Furthermore, to be honest, MachineGames has not shown that they're capable of making great games in this series. TNO was good, but not great, and TNC had some of the worst FPS level design I've seen from a AAA release in years, wrapped up in a package deal with the writing that was contemptuous of someone like myself. Unless there's an Assassin's Creed II-level jump in quality over the predecessors, why would I ever even begin to think about giving them my money?

Man, I miss the RtCW-era days of the series... MachineGames has been doing nothing but playing Weekend at Bernie's with the series name. But, let's be honest, it's dead. Whatever this trash is... it isn't Wolfenstein.

6 hours ago, Grain of Salt said:

You forgot to dogwhistle.

Are you implying I'm some sort of right winger? I'm not. I just don't like the bullshit propaganda messages perceived from that game, despite I bought it to complete the series. It's just the political message that really pisses me off and I'm apathetic to extremism.

EDIT: Forget it. As frustrating as some of the posts here are I'm not going to get this thread locked

Edited by Captain red pants

3 hours ago, Inno said:

I miss the RtCW-era days of the series.

that game sucked ass. The new order was vastly better in level design. 

3 hours ago, Inno said:

Whatever this trash is

oh ok white jesus.

I don't hate this game because I'm right wing. I hate this because it looks like a shitty game.

Just to clarify to the people that might threaten me because of my opinion

24 minutes ago, MrGlide said:

oh ok white jesus.

It's impressive how everything you said was wrong. Even "white jesus," because this isn't even remotely close to being an icon of Jesus.

9 minutes ago, MrGlide said:

I disagree, I personally think RtCW was far superior in terms of both themes and level design, I played RtCW multiple times but TNO I played only once through and felt as though it was sort of stale, a good game mind you but a "one playthrough" kind of affair for me and I have yet to play TNC because of this fact.

However, with things like that stealth mission the Über Soldat and Experiment X enemies I can understand where some of the hate comes from.