Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Danny

DAMN - I can't wait for Doom3

Ever since I became obsessed with the PSX port of Doom I've been enthralled by it.
1996 it was when I first got a PSX with Doom - I'd been salivating over this impending event for at least 6 months.
Ever since then, there is no question for me PSX Doom is by far and away the greatest game ever made. Everything about it is utterly perfect.
Anyway, when id announced a 3rd game it was music to my ears - only 9 years in the making, so to speak.
Just reading the FAQ there though, shed new light on the game - it's a retelling of the story? News to me - I thought it was some genuine follow up. In a way that's good that they're retelling it, but that's also bad - it sorta voids the original in a way.
Of course it doesn't - the original is the King, but you know where I'm coming from.
Anyway, absolutely, postively cannot wait for Doom 3 - and I reckon we've probably got a year to go.
Who else is counting the days?

No one is actually counting the days, since we don't know when it will be out yet. When they do announce the release date, you can just bet that someone will probably add a counter or something on the main page that counts down the number of days until it comes out.

As for how many people are waiting... Well, don't be surprised if you arrive a little late to buy the game and you find that it's sold out.

I must say it's nice to see a newbie who takes the time to read the FAQ and then posts something sensible. Welcome to the forum.

And as for counting the days, I find it more comforting not to think about it at this point. If I did then I don't know how I would handle my aniticipation. Better to focus on the now than to live for the future, ya know?

That would be telling, wouldn't it? Look around online, there are several places willing to reserve a copy for you for $55USD or so. I got mine for $54.95. Of course, that's probably $54.95 wasted, because I'll probably forget and never follow up on it, but still. :P It's worth being able to say I have it reserved already.

id should obviously release it the 10th of December, 2003.

Didn't ID software inform us that they will release it before another e3 Show?
That means it will be released march the latest.

doomedout said:

Didn't ID software inform us that they will release it before another e3 Show?
That means it will be released march the latest.

even JC has said that he don`t want to see another DOOM3 E3 show.i have read an interview with Tim Willits.Tim stated that if the game is not ready ,the release date can be pushed back.

Which is a damn good thing. I'd rather wait for the game than get it early and unfinished.

/me hides his copy of the E3 Alpha

Ichor said:

No one is actually counting the days, since we don't know when it will be out yet. When they do announce the release date, you can just bet that someone will probably add a counter or something on the main page that counts down the number of days until it comes out.

As for how many people are waiting... Well, don't be surprised if you arrive a little late to buy the game and you find that it's sold out.

Believe me, I'll ensure come rain shone, life, death or anything else that I get a copy :D

EllipsusD said:

I must say it's nice to see a newbie who takes the time to read the FAQ and then posts something sensible. Welcome to the forum.

And as for counting the days, I find it more comforting not to think about it at this point. If I did then I don't know how I would handle my aniticipation. Better to focus on the now than to live for the future, ya know?

Nah, not really *gimme Doom3* :D

j/k - thanks for the warm greetings, good to be here. Ever since the whole Doom3 alpha leak furore happened my Doom glands got kicked back into gear and made me strat the original again. Every bit as good as it always was.