Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Empyre

Monster Multiplier and Vile Multiplier

Some of you might be familiar with 10x and/or Vile Curse. For the rest of you, 10x multiplies each monster by 10, so a map with 128 monsters would have 1280 instead, and Vile Curse enables all monsters to resurrect any monster. I have made variants of 10x that change that multiplier to 2, 3, 5, 7, 15, and 20. I have also combined the functionality of 10x with Vile Curse, and then made variants with the multiplier changed to 2, 3, 5, and 7. Now, Monster Multiplier replaces 10x and all its variants, and Vile Multiplier replaces Vile Curse and all its multiplier variants.

UPDATE: In _v2, you can no longer walk through the monsters, but they still walk through each other. Your shots no longer go through monsters, but theirs still do. The Ambush flag is now passed along to the monsters. The ideas for these changes came from Popsoap.

In _v3, all the stealth monsters and marine monsters are added, plus there are add-ons for the Skulltag monsters.

In _v4, I merged in the functionality of Nevander's DespawnMonsters_Fade.wad (with permission), except I removed the flickering that preceded the fading. Dead monsters fade away and are removed from the game after 5 minutes (increased from 3 minutes to give the monsters more time to raise each other). During that time, they can still be raised. The blood colors of the monsters are updated. GLDEFS and DECALDEFS are also added for the custom versions of the
monsters and their projectiles. I decided not to upgrade the Skulltag variants, which means that those monsters won't fade away, or glow or leave decals.

In Monster Multiplier v1 and Vile Multiplier v1, I combined all the multipliers into one wad, thanks to an idea from Blood in the Zandronum forums. You set the MMNumber cvar to set how many times each monster is multiplied. In Monster Multiplier, if MMNumber is > 20, it will be set to 20, and if it is < 1, it will be set to 1, and MMNumber defaults to 2. In Vile Multiplier, if MMNumber is > 10, it will be set to 10, and if it is < 1, it will be set to 1, and MMNumber defaults to 1. I decided not to do the same for the Skulltag variants. If you use the Skulltag variants, please let me know. If there is enough demand for it, I'll update those, too.

USE THESE WITH CAUTION! They can cause lag in single player, and even worse in coop. That's why I made the variants with smaller multipliers.

They each have a WADINFO that credits the original authors: Deathwatch and Aiur850 for Vile Curse and Cutman Mike for 10x.

Downloads:
monstermultiplier_v1.wad
vilemultiplier_v1.wad

I have come to realize that Vile Multiplier with MMNumber 1 is not the same as VileCurse, so here's a link to that, too:

vilecurse_v1.3.wad

The below are Skulltag add-ons for the above. Mix and match as desired. Skulltag content is required for the following.

2x_skulltag.wad

3x_skulltag.wad

5x_skulltag.wad

7x_skulltag.wad

10x_skulltag.wad

15x_skulltag,wad

20x_skulltag.wad

vilecurse_skulltag.wad <--- no multiplier

vilecurse_skulltag2x.wad

vilecurse_skulltag3x.wad

vilecurse_skulltag5x.wad

vilecurse_skulltag7x.wad

vilecurse_skulltag10x.wad

Edited by Empyre : Update

Of the files listed, only vilecurse_v1.0.wad uses Skulltag actors. That reminds me, I made a version of Vile Curse without Skulltag actors. I'll change the OP to include that.

Updated to V2.

In _v2, you can no longer walk through the monsters, but they still walk through each other. Your shots no longer go through monsters, but theirs still do. The Ambush flag is now passed along to the monsters. The ideas for these changes came from Popsoap.

The links are in the first post, and not duplicated here because this is still the first page of the thread.

Another update!

All stealth monsters and all marine monsters are added. The Icon of Sin monster shooter is improved, and as a nice side effect, all of these no longer break maps like Doom2 MAP07 which depend on all monsters of a certain type dieing. There are now also add-ons for the Skulltag monsters.

This is still the first page, and there are lots of links, so they are not duplicated here from the first post.

3 hours ago, Krull said:

Why not just package them all in one zip?

My first thought was "That's a great idea!". But then I wondered where I could upload that zip because the place I upload Doom stuff only accepts wads and pk3s, and maybe pk7s, but not zip files. Also, if they were all in one zip, server browsers for Zandronum servers would not be able to find the one file needed in such a zip.

If you or somebody else points me to a suitable place to host that zip, I'll bundle them all together and add a link to it to the list.

Yet another update!

In _v4, I merged in the functionality of Nevander's DespawnMonsters_Fade.wad (with permission), except I removed the flickering that preceded the fading. Dead monsters fade away and are removed from the game after 5 minutes (increased from 3 minutes to give the monsters more time to raise each other). During that time, they can still be raised. The blood colors of the monsters are updated. GLDEFS and DECALDEFS are also added for the custom versions of the
monsters and their projectiles. I decided not to upgrade the Skulltag variants, which means that those monsters won't fade away, or glow or leave decals.

Just scroll to the top of the page for the links.

OK, I have done as Blood suggested in the Zandronum forums!

Monster Multiplier and Vile Multiplier both use the cvar MMNumber to set how many monsters. Monster Multiplier limits the range from 1 - 20, and defaults to 2, while Vile Multiplier limits the range from 1 - 10 and defaults to 1.

monstermultiplier_v1.wad
vilemultiplier_v1.wad