Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xvertigox

Looking to play and record your maps

@xvertigox

I don't know how much work this would be for you to do, or whether it would even be of help to anyone, but could you add a list of the maps that you've reviewed along with a link to the post about them? You could add it as a hidden spoiler in the OP.

Again, I don't know how difficult that would be for you, but it might make a nice "Table of Contents" for the thread.

i thought you were are died

anyways here's a map i made for a project last year

this was probably my fourth(?) map, and did not turn out very well at all

i've decided against polishing it for you so that you may have a more genuinely awful experience

i quickly dropped out of the project due to a combination of the low quality of the map and my severe lack of inexperience

just something to hold you over until i finish that demo for you-know-what: goindowntheslowway1_4.zip

important: it's for doom 1, so do -complevel 2 or 3.

also warning: loud midi

also also warning: it gets hard and tight towards the end, just as you may expect from a bonnie map

He is not really back. Pegleg bumped the thread, but with a good idea. At least, it would be a good idea if xvertigox was still around to do it.

Hey @xvertigox

You mentioned that you'd be willing to take a look at my map and give me some pointers?

I posted a new thread for my first map here:

Please, let me know what you think.

Thanks again!

Resurrecting thread with confinement project map. It's located in slot 12, very short, perfect to get on your foot with recordings. I would like to hear your opinion ;)

On 6/14/2018 at 4:27 AM, Pegleg said:

@xvertigox

I don't know how much work this would be for you to do, or whether it would even be of help to anyone, but could you add a list of the maps that you've reviewed along with a link to the post about them? You could add it as a hidden spoiler in the OP.

Again, I don't know how difficult that would be for you, but it might make a nice "Table of Contents" for the thread.

That is a good idea, I'll do that and edit it into the original post. It'll be a fair bit of work but once it's done it'll be easy to update.

Made some major updates to my megawad.  Need something to do to pass the time before Doom Eternal.

@Myst.Haruko

Taking up slot 12 in the Confinement community wad Eternal Winter by Mysterious Haruko is a surprisingly memorable bite-sized Doom map.

The red and white theme throughout the map goes a long way in making the map standout from most maps. The midi fits the theme too with it's wintery twinkleyness.

The highlight of the map is the combat. Mysterious Haruko consistently makes interesting and challenging encounters throughout their maps. Being constrained by size really helps illustrate the inherent puzzle solving to Doom's combat.

This is a very enjoyable map supported by a solid aesthetic. Grab the wad below and give it a shot.

Download: https://www.doomworld.com/files/file/18980-confinement-community-project/

Aww, I'm so happy that you liked this map combat and visuals. Honestly I did it in 5-6 hours, with all tweaking and testing and help from one person. I loved that you were surprised by zombie trap. Yeah, this map is beatable if you follow the rules and intended things. 

For music, I used blood midi, sadly I don't remember which track. 

@bonnie

Going Down The Slow Way is a slightly older Doom 1 map from bonnie. The level focuses on fights with medium to large monster groups in big areas which ends up being it's strong suite but also a possible area of improvement.

The fights are decent but not overly engaging. The lack of the ssg while dealing with barons and cacos could be balanced out with providing some more cells or rockets. The fights aren't bad but compared to the cramped combat bonnie's sewers.wad they leave a fair bit to be desired. My favorite fight of the map was towards the end with the diamond shaped platform. Dodging projectiles while moving around it was definitely enjoyable.

For the most part the map looks ok. It's got a minimal/90s vibe to it's architecture and detailing. This works overall but there are a few spots where some more detailing or changing up of the geometry would go a long way in increasing the visual appeal of the map.

This map is decent but not great. If it was looked over again and the combat tweaked and some of the visuals adjusted then it could definitely become a very solid Doom 1 map.

Download: https://www.doomworld.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=35288

You're not still backed up on any maps of mine, are you?

15 minutes ago, Glaice said:

You're not still backed up on any maps of mine, are you?

I'm sure I am. I'm going to play through all of your currently released maps so there's a few to go.

Ok, that's my last map for a while. I don't know what's your opinion about jumping, if you like jumping, you can try this, if not, just ignore this map :"""")

@beast

Reverberation Station is a short little techabase by beast. The map is decent overall but could be elevated with more interesting architecture and combat encounters.

The detailing in the map compliments it's techbase aesthetic however the map itself is blocky overall. This goes hand in hand with the combat where you're usually fighting big groups of the same enemies, it's passable but not hugely fun. There was one teleport trap in the map but it was quite minor.

The map is decent and has a fun E1 vibe to it but you don't have to kick yourself for not playing this one.

Thread/download: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/100584-reverberation-station/

Link to topic, if you want to try it

screen1.png

TITLEPIC.png

Edited by Zolgia108

If possible, I'd like to see an FDA of Exomoon's map 15 (I would recommend playing on plutonia or Doom 2 difficult, though!). There's some changes that I've made to that level which I'm not sure it'll work well.

4 minutes ago, haruko haruhara said:

hey timothy brown i had posted a wad but it is not the one i.m making now but it will be done  but the wad is called slinky here it is

slinky.7z

I saw it already. I will wait until it is finished.

sorry i did not know you had  had seen it already know this wad has nothing to do with the wad i.m making now the wad is called heaven invasion hell very overratted  well last night i just fellt like uploaded a wad heaven invasion will be done  an also i did not had my visiter thing on an i  enabled it an i saw you came 1 hour ago an when i had posted my wad from months ago i just had woke up sorry for my bad spelling just for you to know this is not the wad i.m making now

Edited by haruko haruhara

Dunno if this is still active but...

This is my first ever doom map so I'm looking for feedback and advice on stuff! It's kinda short, I played it through GZDoom so I'd say play on that, I tested it on UV but it should be fine on HMP and play on Doom 2. So yeah... enjoy

MAP01 - Copy.zip