Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ianmata1998

help for a mod called "StormyBlue is Doomed"

a friend, Stormy, needs help for a mod, he needs new designers, please

this is the mod https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB1X2o6SAIs&t=201s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V67GYvnhOU&t=527s 

this is he's channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxgmIJWNpbjHF6lR5aTEO3w/videos

What do you mean with a new designer ?
Why he didn't posted here instead of you ?
Why his machinegun is broken ?

Why he is borrowing sprites from H-Doom and Brutal Doom ?
Why people always try to just grab stuff from Brutal Doom ?
Come on ! Why always the people who don't know shit about doom modding , tries to borrow stuff from Brutal Doom ?
There's so many questions ...

Obviously i didn't borrow the pistol sprite from H-Doom, and there are many other mods that use sprite from Brutal Doom and the sprites are being overhauled to not look like the Brutal Doom sprites

Edited by StormyBlue

What do you need help with, @StormyBlue? Designing is quite broad when modding, so it might be best to specify what you're doing that you need help with. Is it a gameplay mod? A total conversion? A partial conversion?

I'm sure many of us would be willing to help, we just need to know what you need help with, specifically.

23 hours ago, Dude27th said:

What do you mean with a new designer ?
Why he didn't posted here instead of you ?
Why his machinegun is broken ?

Why he is borrowing sprites from H-Doom and Brutal Doom ?
Why people always try to just grab stuff from Brutal Doom ?
Come on ! Why always the people who don't know shit about doom modding , tries to borrow stuff from Brutal Doom ?
There's so many questions ...

take for example some mods games from mmm i don't know, the Valve games

games like Minerva, Riot Act, Estranged: Act 1 and Codename: CURE

those modders takes some modelling and textures from the original games and still those games are good or ok

even some modders of Doom can do that, so, what is your excuse?

send them to you how? the files of the current version are for developers only. I can't put the files here because there may be a chance of someone leaking the build

You should've received a private message with my address in it. For obvious reasons, I'd rather not share it on a public thread, but I can if that didn't work.

Edited out.

Edited by Aquila Chrysaetos

Got it. Arguably, it'll be harder for me to leak it out than to work on it, since I have to transfer the file from my phone to my disconnected laptop, so no worries. Promise.

I'll check it out early tomorrow.

Another place to ask for help, tho more technically inclined (and generally more of a showcase for stuff too) over there would be the ZDoom forums. It doesn't hurt to have multiple outlets for help, however.

I've got it on my laptop and will begin testing the weapons today to see what needs to be done/can be improved.

I can see much work has already been put into this, and the weapon sprites I've seen are looking good.

I'll also poke around some of the other things a little bit, but I don't want to force changes, it is your mod, after all, so I'll set them aside in a separate wad when I share the weapons.

On 6/13/2018 at 8:57 PM, Glaice said:

Another place to ask for help, tho more technically inclined (and generally more of a showcase for stuff too) over there would be the ZDoom forums. It doesn't hurt to have multiple outlets for help, however.

I would put the mod on the ZDoom forums, but i am unable to access any ZDoom account that i make

1 hour ago, StormyBlue said:

Maybe i will do that

PM both of them, they should be able to assist you on your problems on the ZDoom forums.

11 hours ago, Glaice said:

PM both of them, they should be able to assist you on your problems on the ZDoom forums.

How do i PM them?

"Messages" icon up top, the mail icon next to your avatar.

4 hours ago, Glaice said:

"Messages" icon up top, the mail icon next to your avatar.

Well, they can't help me with the problem