Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dybbuk81

What new enemies would you like to see other than classic leftovers

I hope they don't bring the cherub back unless it's different, much better, and/or a boss.

A completely spiked spherical type cacodemon character

hellhounds

something to do with large eyeballs?

a shaven cat/cougar with demonic qualities maybe, maybe not

Perhaps, as a callback to Wolfenstein 3D, a Demonic Hitler in a Mech Suit with Twin Gatling Guns? Since Wolfenstein has been trying to take itself so seriously, I doubt we'll ever see anything so outlandish in future Wolfenstein titles.

ICON OF SIN ....THE CALL OF AGES IS UPON US!!!!

...and Baalgar

also i want to see lake of fire...and ....and ...and blood pools of Angrax...but like really awe hell inspiring.

...eny kind of titan

...and Samuel which i probablly alredy mentioned...

Edited by blackgoblinmagic

I've said it before, but a "proper" rifleman enemy to be the zombieman equivalent, unlike the plasma gun armed Possessed Soldier. I'd ideally see it as a non power armored hitscanner with either a Burst Rifle or some low-caliber rapid fire automatic, firing bursts of weak hitscan fire while being less armored than their UAC Military counterparts. Extra points if their uniform is tan and they hold their rifle at a 45 degree angle while moving.

A big brute like enemy that throws parts of its body at you that explode, and everytime it picks off a piece it gets smaller and weaker. Make it look Human-ish and make it sound like its suffering.

Assuming Samuel Hayden is the main threat (or becomes one of them) a legion of robots that attack you. Just terminator exoskeleton like slow enemies with projectiles and lasers shooting out of their eyes and electric attacks and when they are destroyed they blow up into lovely metallic gibs and electricity starts shooting out lighting up the area for a brief moment. Would make for a nice beak from all the demons.

Yah cherub really never fit the doom theme.

But when it comes to new demons; we have yet to see a Doom Succubus or Incubus.  How do you envision that?  

bring back the tv screen face guy everything else is details 

I'd like to see Iron Liches make an appearance, or maybe some demon soldiers armed with BFGs.

1. Arachnotron from Doom 2 with 4 legs (this new one inspired by D64 is also cool but is good to have them both).

2. Big bad pink worm like in freedom but in HD would be cool. Imagine his dismemberment body lying and twiching on the floor after death, squealing and shooting blood all around.

3 .Birdman?

birdman_smile.jpg&f=1

I'd find D64 Nightmare imp and RoE Vulgar balance wise good addition to ordinary Imps. Just like HKs to Barons or SSG to Shotgun.

On 6/16/2018 at 3:26 AM, dybbuk said:

I hope they don't bring the cherub back unless it's different, much better, and/or a boss.

But why? I always was interested, what glory kills could be performed on them.

I'd like to see new Possessed variants, such as Possessed Soldiers with Heavy Assault Rifles, Chainguns, and Rocket Launchers. It annoys me how they're all just the same generic zombie guy with a plasma gun fused into his arm.

I'd like to see some enemies from Doom 3:

• Trites and Ticks: I know they were hella annoying in Doom 3, but 2016 lacked a variety of pest-type enemies.
  • Cherubs: they were annoying too, but they should be changed for this game.
  • Maggots: they were basically melee-only Imps, but I'd still like to see them.
  • Wraiths: we need another teleporting enemy, the Summoner just didn't cut it.

As for new enemies:

• Marching Hordes: fully turned Possessed, like the Unwilling, but they are repurposed as military forces for Hell. Hordes use the Reaper.
  • Alpha Pinky: a Pinky variant, basically a pack leader for groups of Pinkies.

Also, add multiplayer demons to the campaign:

• Prowler: give him decent AI, don't make him insta-kill capable like he is in multiplayer.
  • Harvester: a healer-type enemy(not a medic for other enemies), if she absorbs enough of your health, she can use the detonation attack. The yellow rune in her chest glows to indicate when her detonation attack is ready.

I also like silentzorah's suggestion for Nightmare Imps.

Edited by ATP2555 : Forgot plural for "Wraith"

Airborne demons that are more mobile than Caco and PE, like gargoyles and shit...

DE7097CD4DC7ABB0D259F85F7B00CB68A14669E5

... and redesigned Cyberdemon.

Anything, so long as it isn't chainsaw resistant. If I can't spill its guts across the tentacle-ravaged sidewalk, then it's not good enough for me.

Come to think of it, isn't the Icon of Sin in 2016's lore stated to be the Doom Slayer's half demon son? Imagine if he got his own version of the Praetor Suit and the two had to duke it out as equals, that could be interesting to see.

We'll most likely be getting more variants than entirely new enemies, but it is neat to speculate. I'd love to see some Doom 3 enemies re imagined, as well as some Doom 64 designs revisited (Like the Pain elemental for example)

Also, I figured I mention, the devs have claimed that the final demon count will be double that of Doom 2016. If we don't include monster variants we'll still be seeing around 20 unique new enemies, and who knows how many variants of those new enemies. If we see the same level structure of Doom 2016 we'll be getting a new enemy every level! Either that or they'll change the level structure.

I also remember seeing this picture a little while back. When Doom eternal was announced I realized we'll probably see a Pinky like this in the release of Doom eternal. This is some concept art for Doom 2016

DTL-ycIX0AAYbWs.jpg

Edited by wasabidog

I hope to see enemies that are more of a priority to kill other than because they do big damage. One of the great things about doom is having ammo priority and actual enemy priority Due to strategical dangers, like pain elemental's bringing in more mobs, Archviles resurrecting enemies. I would like to see a tad deeper combat overall, and I feel that monsters that create priority scenarios and having to prioritize ammo are two huge factors in doing that. Also monster that promote different movement that running in a circle around the arena.

cult members like the guys in blood

that human centipede thing

creature that can dissipate into fog or smoke

creature that can burrow into and burst out of the earth

creature that can jump in and out of shadows

ill keep thinking about it

- a worm or snake monster

- a monster that can run through walls and objects. there would have to be a creative way to kill it.

- zombie men with rocket launchers, plasma rifles, or BFG's.

- a pain elemental version of an arch vile (bigger/badder arch vile) that shoots out arch viles and can resurrect cyberdemons, masterminds, and other arch viles. 

- more nightmare versions of already existing monsters. like a nightmare cacodemon or nightmare barons and so on.

- I would also like to see vagarys from Doom 3 return.

4 hours ago, DestroyerNori13 said:

a pain elemental version of an arch vile (bigger/badder arch vile) that shoots out arch viles and can resurrect cyberdemons, masterminds, and other arch viles.

DIE

No really that's horrifying

I'd like to see most (If not all) of Doom 3's exclusive monsters. More specifically:

-Maggot

-Tick

-Trite

Also...

On 6/17/2018 at 6:35 AM, Teder said:

3 .Birdman?

birdman_smile.jpg&f=1

That's actually an earlier design for the Hell Knight (According to Doom Wikia).

On 6/17/2018 at 9:58 AM, Rifle Infantry said:

I've said it before, but a "proper" rifleman enemy to be the zombieman equivalent, unlike the plasma gun armed Possessed Soldier. I'd ideally see it as a non power armored hitscanner with either a Burst Rifle or some low-caliber rapid fire automatic, firing bursts of weak hitscan fire while being less armored than their UAC Military counterparts. Extra points if their uniform is tan and they hold their rifle at a 45 degree angle while moving.

We have soldiers on Earth, they probably wouldn't have power armour or plasma weapons. I can believe a hell wave would turn them into possessed soldiers. While we're at it, make shotgun soldiers too.

You know the Cyberdemon when he pulls up a spiked wall to trap you?

A Monster that can do a smaller version that can harm on impact or temporarily block off flanks when it detects you're trying to retreat. That would make it a priority target.