Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Starkiller

What are your thoughts on Retsupurae?

For anyone who doesn't know, Retsupurae is a series of videos by two Goons named Slowbeef and Diabetus. They, along with a special guest third commentator if they decide to join, make fun out of the living shit of hilariously bad Let's Plays, and also riffing on terrible games, poking fun of prominent online celebrities, and even riffing on each other as they do their own material for laughs. 

Even though I haven't watched too much of their content, some of their videos is just pure gold. Anytime they laugh hysterically (Slowbeef especially so), I can't help but be amused. 

What do you think about Retsupurae? Do you think they're funny? Do you have a favorite guest commentator? What do you think is the best video they made, one that made you laugh as well? 

Let the riffing begin. 

This is especially some of the most funny and memorable parts. If you haven't seen this, watch and be amazed. 

Quelle surprise, it's another "What are your thoughts on [x]?" topic and the poster is Starkiller.

Not that there's anything inherently wrong with doing so, but I wonder why the compelling need to know everyone's opinions on things.

2 hours ago, Starkiller said:

This is especially some of the most funny and memorable parts. If you haven't seen this, watch and be amazed. 

I haven't seen this before, but I wasn't amazed by that video. If that's one of the funniest and most memorable parts, I don't think I'm missing much.

And agreed with Jayextee above. Why the interest in us and our opinions? I find it mildly disturbing now that I think on it.

1 hour ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

I haven't seen this before, but I wasn't amazed by that video. If that's one of the funniest and most memorable parts, I don't think I'm missing much.

And agreed with Jayextee above. Why the interest in us and our opinions? I find it mildly disturbing now that I think on it.

I'm sorry, am I really being an asshole now? I make these threads for fun, just curious on how you guys feel about some stuff. Sometimes the temptation gets the better of me. 

Just now, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

You're not being an asshole, it just weirds me out a bit.

Though, anybody asking me questions on my opinions comes across as weird in my eyes.

Thanks for the reassurance. Yeah, I really need to lay off these topics and actually do something more original. 

Opinions are weird when you stop and think about it. I'm used to this kind of thing. 

Its another one of the endless videos on youtube. It could not exist and I don't think anyone would notice.

I was a huge fan of them back when they first started out back in 2008-2010. Those years were when they really brought their A-game. The George Wood/NAVGTR videos are still great to watch. Some of my other favourites from the early years include LordPenguin777, ElectricalBeast as well as BillyMC. Their newer stuff isn't as good, mainly because of how the times have changed, but there are still a few gems here in there such as Town With No Name, and the Ambition series. They're older, so they're not as biting in their commentary as there used to be, because they don't want to offend anyone anymore, even though that was kind of their mission statement when they first started. The Let's Play landscape has also evolved over the years. When YouTube first started, everyone had their own different styles and ways of making Let's Play videos, so naturally there were bound to be a lot of diamonds in the cave of Let's Plays ripe for riffing material. In recent years though, there's been a sort of quality standard that's been established, so you don't see the weird outcasts anymore unless you search really hard for them, which is probably why their output has decreased over the years. I don't watch them much as I used to, but I still respect them.

Keeping this Doom-related:

Have been a fan for years, kinda stopped watching about 3 years ago since they focused on not doing commentaries on bad LPs. Which you know each to their own as long as they have fun, pretty meh on all their other series on the channel. I mostly watch slowbeef when he does some ripping on DSP