Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question

So I've been working on 3D modelling for DooM (Kinda wanna try to make a full 3D mod a-la quake style) but I am struggling to get my weapons to render properly in-game (specifically when used for the HUD).Screenshot_Doom_20180618_202835.png.d425dadb26e3665836878fe985c5b039.png

At first I thought I had the model's scale too high so I lowered it to "1.0" from "2.0" in the MODELDEF. This did nothing. I shrank the actual 3D model in Blender, delete the old model and replaced it. Oddly, it's not budging. What could be causing this rendering issue?

5 answers to this question

I can move it a mere few inches in Blender but I can't seem to find the location of where my screen is relative to the model.

Edit:

I found out how it is rendered! :D

When you press "7" (and 5 for Ortho), the direction the in-game camera faces relative to 3D models is -Y.

The model is either too big/small in Blender, or the model is not positioned correctly in Blender. For me, I had to have my model in the top left quadrant, under the grid, so it would display correctly.

cannon.png.c303f898a70290936ea0024a7a39a076.png

I'm pretty sure I had to scale my model down in SLADE afterwards, but it displays just fine.

When you move or scale models in Blender, make sure you bake them after.

Edited by R4L

1 hour ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

I can move it a mere few inches in Blender but I can't seem to find the location of where my screen is relative to the model.

Edit:

I found out how it is rendered! :D

When you press "7" (and 5 for Ortho), the direction the in-game camera faces relative to 3D models is -Y.

Where did you find that info? That's actually really helpful!

10 hours ago, R4L said:

Where did you find that info? That's actually really helpful!

I just moved the model so that it it either +y, +z, -y or -z since I wasn't sure which side the model would load from. turns out it;'s -y! (Do bare in mind I'm talking when you set the export angle to Y, not the default Z)