Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

2 hours ago, Vile said:

Playing Undertale for the first time.

I hope you haven't got spoiled too much! The cover's awesome BTW.

My initial impression of Double Dragon 2 was "Wow, this game is so much better than Double Dragon 1". Unfortunately, that all went to hell when the game decided that it wanted to incorporate Mega Man style platforming segments into a game with extremely clunky and delayed platforming controls. So much wasted potential. At least the developers had the grace to include unlimited continues. 

Edited by Ajora

44 minutes ago, Apaul27 said:

Finally just finished Half-Life 2.

HL2 was pretty good, but there were segments that seemed to be infinitely long, like the air boat section, the buggy, and any of those that wanted you to use the gravity gun to make a safe path across whatever hazard.

Then there was the end with all the striders and that felt like fighting a horde of barons. They're not dangerous, really, they just tank like a motherfucker.

The other day I completed all the (non-DLC) episodes of Asura's Wrath with the Blind Master gauge (hides all the meters, like health, unlimited power, and burst, which progresses the story) and the Mortal gauge (which reduces your health by something like 75%. Even easy was brutally difficult with that one) to unlock two other gauges, one of which is called Obliterator, and basically makes you invincible (that was unlocked by the Mortal one), so I've got about 95% completion on it.

Been playing God of War 3 again off and on just because it's so much fun and helps relieve stress some.

Still playing System Shock 2.

Eh, at least the combat is getting a little better, but still not fantastic.

I'm now playing Dying Light: The Following.

It's an expansion I purchased and started playing after completing the main campaign. As someone who completed all the questions / side missions and maxed all my levels, I was burned out and wasn't interested in continuing.

I'm now playing it again starting as a low level character. Much of the charm has returned so I'm enjoying it.

Going to be playing through Dark Souls for the first time, got it for Games With Gold like 4 years ago and just remembered I had it... wish me luck.

God Hand! Finally got this masterpiece working on a PS2 emulator. Can't wait to get my teeth kicked in a dozen times over.

@Grimosaur Good luck with Dark Souls. Just pay attention to your surroundings and don't rush through blindly.

I recently played and finished Red Faction, got it on sale for like 2 bucks. I had a lot of fun with it... for the first half of the campaign. It's like if they realised they were running out of money mid-development, and decided to throw balance out the window in order to finish it ASAP, and it's curious because the actual difficulty curve is pretty much perfect, progressively throwing more bullshit at your face the more you play. The last couple of levels are the worst, with some hitscan enemies that can one-shot you with a railgun-type weapon. And the final boss... she's literally a bunch of recycled enemies... Oh, and the actual ending! It's a fucking memory puzzle! A memory puzzle! Sigh... at least it's fun to blow up walls...

I also started playing some Hexen WADs, but I actually forgot for a moment the kind of game it is. Why I didn't think that 90s PWADs for Hexen would be even more confusing than the original game is beyond me.

Today I started playing Doom 64 again (with Doom 64 EX). Featuring: Pistol starts! An Xbox 360 controller! I Own Doom skill! No saving mid-level! Suffice to say, I'm getting my ass kicked! :D

Still playing Tomb Raider 2 on and off. Venice was extremely annoying IMO, but the docks area is proving to be more interesting.

Edited by KVELLER : me grammar be garbage

4 hours ago, KVELLER said:

Today I started playing Doom 64 again (with Doom 64 EX). Featuring: Pistol starts! An Xbox 360 controller! I Own Doom skill! No saving mid-level! Suffice to say, I'm getting my ass kicked! :D

Looking forward to hearing your opinion on the game after completion, I wonder how much you'll enjoy it.

I tried Doom 64 Ex with fast mode, it can really be a challenge especially with the Demon trap of the first map..

I finished FEAR 1 and its expansions and am now a few hours into FEAR 2. Aside from that I'm playing the Penumbra games, where I'm a little bit into Episode 2. Week of sequels for me, I guess.

Currently a lot of TF2 since I am so close to 1000 hours on the game. Since 1000 hours is sort of a goal I set for myself maybe a year ago.

16 hours ago, Agent6 said:

Looking forward to hearing your opinion on the game after completion, I wonder how much you'll enjoy it.

This is actually my second playthrough of the game. I like it, although I still prefer the PC originals. The atmosphere is pretty spooky, but for whatever reason I think that the PSX version of the original games was more unsettling, maybe because of the art style, which by the way I think is terrible in D64. The monsters look like if they were made out of clay or something.

Quake Champions - Despite the whole hero thing and microtransactions its still a solid online shooter with satisfying movement and fast paced combat

Doom '16 - Loved the campaign and about to try out the online, i know its not great but still worth a shot

GTA V - Did most of the story mode and focusing on doing Heists and playing Golf

Killing Floor 2 - Blasting my way through most of the new season content, really like the new Airship map and new weapons

L4D2 - Just playing through custom campaigns i didnt previously get a chance too, the Resident Evil campaigns are an absolute nostalgia treat for oldskool RE fans like myself

I put Dying Light on hold and started playing Jurassic Park: Evolution.

It's good! Any fans of the original PS2 release will enjoy it.

8 hours ago, KVELLER said:

This is actually my second playthrough of the game. I like it, although I still prefer the PC originals. The atmosphere is pretty spooky, but for whatever reason I think that the PSX version of the original games was more unsettling, maybe because of the art style, which by the way I think is terrible in D64. The monsters look like if they were made out of clay or something.

I know what you mean. I kinda see PSX Doom as a little more unsettling than D64 as well, even though it's definitely not as atmospheric. I'd describe D64 as the dark realms of my mind though, you know the saying, someone's heaven is someone else's hell (and vice versa), the other way around is very accurate in my case.

As about the art style, I... don't know what to say. I love the design of the demons in D64 and I definitely prefer some of them over the original (the Imp and the Nightmare Imp which doesn't exist in the originals is the best example), but I like some of the originals more. But, I think we can both agree the enemy sounds are infinitely superior in PSX Doom and D64 than in the originals, same for at least a few weapons (the shotgun and SSG for instance actually sound powerful in these games).

I'm trying to finish Demon Souls before going on to Dark Souls 3 and finally Bloodborne.

It's not bad, but I gotta tell you I really don't miss the "brown is REAL" days of video game graphics

On 6/19/2018 at 5:39 AM, Agent6 said:

But, I think we can both agree the enemy sounds are infinitely superior in PSX Doom and D64 than in the originals, same for at least a few weapons (the shotgun and SSG for instance actually sound powerful in these games).

Yeah, sound design is top notch for the most part.

Well, playing Blood as seen in the pics thread, just finished the second episode. Crazy fun game, but the boss at the end of the second episode wasn't as interesting as the one seen in the first.

Also, does anyone have any ideas how to get rid of the Low Memory warning when running the game through DosBox? Supposedly "memsize" should be increased in the configuration file (dosboxBlood.conf), yet it was already set to 64 by default and the message still appears.

E: @Lila Feuer Did ya hate the invisible ninjas from the original SW? Well I found something worse, if these things burn you, you're done. Not to mention that hands which strangle you to death.

ghhggg.png

Edited by Agent6

2 hours ago, Agent6 said:

Not to mention that hands which strangle you to death.

You may already know this, but I thought I'd supply this, anyway.

The Hand (also known as Hand from Hell, Hell Hands, or Choking Hand) are common enemies in Blood and Blood II. They are small disembodied hands that attack by leaping up and choking the player until he asphyxiates. The player must repeatedly and very quickly press the use key, the space bar, to disengage the hand, and then shoot it before it springs back. They move by walking on fingers, like Thing from the The Addams Family, and repeat "I'll swallow your soul!" in a high pitched voice, as a reference to the Evil Dead trilogy.

https://www.blood-wiki.org/index.php/Hand

4 minutes ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

You may already know this, but I thought I'd supply this, anyway.

https://www.blood-wiki.org/index.php/Hand

Hm, thanks for the insight, didn't know there's a way to escape.

Blood really is full of references to all sorts of things.

Playing Hexen II and am up to the Thysis (Eqypt) chapter, however I am stuck and a walkthrough tells me that I have to find a secret corridor until I find a tic-tac-toe puzzle but I can't even find this pathway which I'm supposed to find in the first place.

Finally bought a game, its been a while. Anyway its Divinity: Original Sin (first one). Looks really cool, like those rpgs of the old, but darn its not interested in holding your hand! Thankfully its not much of an issue currently. Time for some rpg goodness!

The hands in blood 1 are almost impossible to take off on dosbox in higher difficulty levels. Save spray cans and tnt for them whenever you can. (Tommy gun works too but if an army of them comes or they arrive with other monsters it might be too slow. Also you can just stand on practically any high object (step high) like a window or sofa and become completely safe (can even jump from place to place if you want to save ammo).

Quake Champions, because now this game feels better than ever. Completely playable Quake, not so good but enough to play. New content, levels, unlocks e t.c. I will play it till Doom MP alpha/beta or another good multiplayer FPS game.

Prey(by Arkane) - underrated, strange by first look but still awesome game.

2 hours ago, Avoozl said:

Playing Hexen II and am up to the Thysis (Eqypt) chapter, however I am stuck and a walkthrough tells me that I have to find a secret corridor until I find a tic-tac-toe puzzle but I can't even find this pathway which I'm supposed to find in the first place.

That hub is an absolute merciless bitch, definitely the hardest in the game. It's been a while since I've played the game, so I can't give you any exact information, but just try to keep your eyes open for anything that looks even remotely strange, especially on textures. If nothing happens when trying to push it, then hit it with one of your weapons.