Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

pop culture doom

well another doom related dream came to me this morning. this time it was very very odd. doom had become popular and withut the stigma of the media and connections to shooting. Id software had made the whole thing freeware on this date "september 19, 2004" and people were once agian playing it.. alot. even kids as young as 6. i even saw it in a childrens magazine. "hey kids, what is your favorite monster from the classic doom games?" and it included a map replacement for map32. the map was very similar in layout. however it had many more SS gaurds and much more detail. oh i should mention this map was realy a remake of map32 and u played it on doom3. the SS guards really sucked, and the cyberdemon was a bitch. it ended up being a great map. Strange was the fact that doom was sort of a pop icon, as were other retro things. other games talked about included wolf3d, quake, atari, NES/SNES and others. Doom was the focus in this dream

Ya know, there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

I just haven't found out how much too much is.

honestly it was just a random dream. i have not played doom for a few days. infact i have been playing a ton of final fantasy games

Doom as a pop icon? Jesus christ, don't ever scare me like that again...can you ever picture Doom alongside Pokemon?

ZarcyB said:
You play Doom far too much.

You say that as if it were a bad thing...

Anyways, isn't Doom already a pop icon?

Heh, I have Doom-ish dreams or directly Doom related dreams every other night.

ZarcyB said:

You play Doom far too much.

....says the guy who has three Doom related links in his sig.

I had a wierd dream too...it involved being in some sort of courtyard (Which really resembled "The Courtyard"...odd) It was really dark, and it felt as though i was trying to find my house (You know that feeling) I had gotten to about the middle of the courtyard (100 feet or so) when i got attacked by a huge wolf that shot duel BFG shots. I only lasted a couple of indirect hits.

TheHighestTree said:

I had a wierd dream too...it involved being in some sort of courtyard (Which really resembled "The Courtyard"...odd) It was really dark, and it felt as though i was trying to find my house (You know that feeling) I had gotten to about the middle of the courtyard (100 feet or so) when i got attacked by a huge wolf that shot duel BFG shots. I only lasted a couple of indirect hits.

that was one of my dad's grilfriend, sorry about that. somebody let her out of the cage. I had better charge the stun-gun

I´m surprised on how you guys have detailed dreams. OK, maybe almost every dream is quite detailed, just one (like me) can´t remember everything.

i've had dreams where i was IN the doom environment, but never really about DooM. i was just in a DooM-like world.... same goes for GTA3

Cacodreams said:

I´m surprised on how you guys have detailed dreams. OK, maybe almost every dream is quite detailed, just one (like me) can´t remember everything.

I have often blurry dreams too. When I have a draem that makes sense it usually has something to do with school. I've often forgot my books home, don't know what class is next etc. Maybe I take school too seriously :)

Sometimes I have weird dreams in which I know I'm having a dream and I can decide what to do.

You've been playing DooM far too long and too often when:

- you notice sounds used in movies ripped from DooM, and you refuse to aknowledge that it might be the other way round
- you dreamt that you dreamt something DooM-related
- the door you opened made the sound you expected
- you strafe around corners
- you make sounds while you roam around
- you think that being hit by paint is called 'a frag'
- you try shooting a door when it's locked
- you remember doom-related dreams up to specific dates mentioned in them!
- Wolfenstein only has one (type of) bad guy
- the part in the Southpark movie where Kyle's mom shoots Terrance & Philip is clearly a DooM ripoff, in your opinion
- your Nokia ringtone reads 16f1 16- 8f1 8f2 8f1 16f1 16- 8#d2 8f1 8f1 8#c2 8f1 8f1 16b1 16- 16f1 16- 8f1 8c2 8#c2 16f1 16- 8f1 8f2 8f1 16f1 16- 8#d2 8f1 8f1 8#c2 8f1 8f1 4.b1
- you try making up ways you can find out you're a DooM junkie :D