Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zemini

We got the demons!

13 hours ago, dsm said:

Why?

Making the HK a weaker, but otherwise identical Baron of Hell would be unbelievably boring and uninspired. It's more fun when it's reinterpreted as a more agile Pinky with the ability to generate an energy-based shockwave by pounding the ground with it fists; gives it a more unique personality, but still keeps the implied 'lore' kinship with the Baron.

Besides, we already have a bajillion other projectile-shooting enemies in NU-Doom. How many more do you want?

Well, we have Barry from Hell, Imperia, generic zombie goon with plasma gun fused into his arm, Caco-Cola, and Revan, so about seven more.

EDIT: Forgot about Manuel Cubus!

Edited by ATP2555 : Forgot something

Baron and HK are pretty much the same with the exception of plasma balls.  I am fine with the HK being just melee honestly.

Introducing Hell Knights (-> meant Baron of Hell) as Cyberdemons without robotic gear makes sense since these were UAC customizations on a yet to be seen demon.  

Edited by igg : Mentioned wrong demon

4 hours ago, igg said:

Introducing Hell Knights (-> meant Baron of Hell) as Cyberdemons without robotic gear makes sense since these were UAC customizations on a yet to be seen demon.  

I would like to see augmented Barons on occasion.

On 6/21/2018 at 2:55 PM, Agent6 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but with the exception of the physical aspect doesn't the HK already share the same abilities with the Baron in D2016?

I'd like to see their projectile attack return as well.

On a base level, yes, but the Baron can leap further, which requires a slight modification in your tactical approach to it (you can't reliably use the same tactics you use on the HK) and it having the ability to toss explosive fireballs that you need to watch out for can also throw you off if unprepared for it. I feel that if the HK had a fireball attack, the Baron would automatically feel a lot less special and a lot less imposing, which would devalue the shock value when it does show up.

The classic Doom 2 HK and BoH were basically the same enemy - you just needed more patience (and ammo) with the BoH, which made the encounters feel less exciting.

But far be it for me to "correct" you, I'd just like to hear an explanation for why people have the opinions they do - I might learn something or be reminded of factors I've overlooked

Actually, come to think of it, if the new Baron in Eternal Doom is enhanced with more devastating abilities, giving the HK a Baron of Hell-like fireball attack might not be as bad as I think it'd be. Something to ponder.