Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TerminusEst13

[Z-ports] Hellshots Golf v1.1

How well does the ball deal with things like slopes and actors (trees)? Would be pretty awesome to map out something that looks and feels like an actual golf course, heh.

Good job though, looks like it could be fun if played online. :D

Edited by Dragonfly

45 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

How well does the ball deal with things like slopes and actors (trees)? Would be pretty awesome to map out something that looks and feels like an _actual golf course_, heh.

Doom physics ("""""physics""""") are rudimentary beyond rudimentary so it just bounces off.

Slopes make the bounce correspond to a different angle, while solid actors are just basically treated as walking walls and so ricochet off without a care in the world.

Still, that's more than enough to spice up gameplay a touch.

v8EOOfC.png

One beautiful map (currently GOLF06 by @Revae) takes full advantage of this.

31 minutes ago, antares031 said:

Can I beat the shit out of demons with a golf club?

You can. It's not the main focus of the mod, so don't expect to be able to UV-Max Hell Revealed, but it's perfectly feasible.

Edited by TerminusEst13

Always love it when people make what are essentially completely non-Doom things in Doom. :D

Keeping an eye peeled for this!

Considering this happened, this is just the natural evolution of Doom modding.

39 minutes ago, TerminusEst13 said:

You can. It's not the main focus of the mod... ...but it's perfectly feasible.

+1. This already looks even better than I expected.

i46UWT2.png

Mapping's still a-comin' along. 15 maps now. Only need a handful more before we can get a full circuit and do a public release.

Online testing has been coming along smoothly, everything seems to handle pretty well. The camera input tends to get sticky and sometimes needs to be mashed to turn on/off, though. Kind of annoying.

Got to streamline a lot of the code. Whoo.
Can't figure out how to un-sticky the camera turning on and off. Not a super game-breaking issue, though, just really damn unpleasant to wrestle with.

FGfrAd3.png

Another map by @Batandy. We can be hip and cool and retro with our 8-bit Super Nintendo graphics.

On 8/10/2018 at 7:57 AM, Dragonfly said:

Any update(s) on this? Still looking forward to this one.

No updates, mod's cancelled.

iscC2Ps.jpg

Also a new HUD, as done by SmashBroPlusB and TFrancoo/FranArt. Still need to replace the confont at the bottom.

On 7/14/2018 at 7:42 AM, TerminusEst13 said:

8-bit Super Nintendo

>8-bit

>Super Nintendo

I... abstain.

This mod's looking great ! Is it really cancelled ? The gameplay looks so smooth and the ball physics so good ...It could be a masterpiece. There could be various levels ... levels in hell ... How many golf games let us play in hell ?

16 hours ago, TontonMayonnaise said:

Is it really cancelled ? 

Haha, if the rest of that post wasn't a dead giveaway, no it's not! Rest assured, there is still hope for golfing in hell. 

So I've been fighting with the aiming stream for a while, trying to figure out how to make it cleaner and less of a dribbling piss-trail.
gaydad420 figures it out and sends me the code. It works wonderfully. Thanks, mate!

This hasn't been tested online, but I've been playing with this for like three days straight and it's wonderful. Boy, I sure hope it doesn't explode!

Oh man I'm excited to finally play this! Shame my earliest opportunity would be 2019 some time. Regardless, I look forward to it. Congrats on the release @TerminusEst13! Oh, and great trailer, adequately silly! :)