Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LordXel

Do you need background noise when you work?

I need music when I work, keeps my A.D.D from messing with me. Even when I sleep I need noise, but I remedy that with a fan. Winter sucks though since I'm not turning a fan on in a cold room.

4 minutes ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

All the time. I listen to music almost constantly, and I'll even talk to myself in public to keep my mind straight. Complete silence drives me crazy.

I've noticed since I've stopped listening to music while grocery shopping I either constantly talk to myself or hum songs I am thinking about. Today I ended up humming Zombies by Cranberries

Well, I listen to something on a daily basis regardless of what I do, save for eating or when I actually need to focus on learning because I have the tendency of shifting my attention to it.

But for almost everything else, yes, I kinda need to hear something, which can be anything, I sometimes listen to forest noises if I don't want music of any kind, be that from YT or just opening my window since the entrance to the park is literally 200m away from me and there's a tree in front of my block. It's good to hear the wind blowing through the leafs.

6 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

All the time. I listen to music almost constantly, and I'll even talk to myself in public to keep my mind straight. Complete silence drives me crazy.

Sort of the same, but it depends. Not hearing people talking is always a relief, but absolute silence is kinda painful, depending on my mood.

It depends on what kind of work.

If this work needs calculations and details thinking, I definitely need silence for this. Listening to music will make my mind into more listening than actually thinking and working out stuff.

If this work is a repetitive thing without a lot of thinking involved, some music would be nice to get rid of the boredom, such as mowing the lawn or something like that.