Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

@Dragonsbrethren The part of the wall where several pixels of the texture repeat ruins the immersion for me. It makes it not look like a real place.

Dragonsbrethren.png.bcb1ae3185c0a521f033da35c1d3b4b0.png

On the other hand, if this is my biggest complaint, then you're doing a good job.

6 hours ago, Dragonsbrethren said:

image.png.361a0872612ad964138f07d814940d44.png

You posted a screenshot of this area from your original conversion in this thread (or Part 1 of it, rather) way back when LL was just getting started - that screenshot was how I found out the project was a thing and it knocked me sideways, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. This is a new level of awesome though.

I also never really gave it much thought, but Doom 2's sky1 fits Plutonia so damn well.

27 minutes ago, AtroNx said:

More things~~

Senza nome.png

Doom in the Caribbean: Life's a Beach

Now all it needs are the Doom monsters in tourist clothing.  

11 minutes ago, Master O said:

Doom in the Caribbean: Life's a Beach

Now all it needs are the Doom monsters in tourist clothing.  

Also Ricardo Hell Knight and Herve Lost Soul.

44 minutes ago, AtroNx said:

More things~~

Senza nome.png

2 minutes ago, ukiro said:

Why did I do this

1457605230_touristbaron.png.053ac1021754c7593767e5187a6d304e.png

There he was, hanging out with his family and dozens of his closest demonic friends, relaxing at the Caribbean resort. Baron was ready to go out and take some pictures of the pristine beaches and local wildlife when suddenly Doomguy showed up, shattering the peace and tranquility.

18 minutes ago, cannonball said:

Trying something a little different to normal, when I look at some of the releases from the past couple of years I get the feeling I need to try and up the ante a bit.

hadrone3m7.png

Looks dark and moody. I like it

1 hour ago, AtroNx said:

Senza nome.png

I was wondering what that area would look like and I admit that it is completely different to what I had pictured in my head. Looks good though. 

4 hours ago, AtroNx said:

More things~~

Senza nome.png

Lets quote this picture again shall we.

I don't think this place is located in the Caribbean at all. In fact I think that this place isn't even located on earth at all. I imagine this place to be one of the lost gateways to heaven. In the center of the city is a stargate and instead of going to another world it leads one strait to a peaceful afterlife. I would like to see a closeup of the city in the center and I think it could use a little more trees. The mapping of this is amazing you did a great job. I hope to see the map in the future.

In ePSXe, the framerate actually doesn't drop to horrifically unplayable levels, although ePSXe isn't the most accurate emulator of the hardware's performance. The ISO won't work in other emulators at the moment, however. It's also worth pointing out that the number of monsters had to be dropped significantly due to a Z_MALLOC engine error on map load, which doesn't sound unreasonable considering just how high the enemy count is in NUTS, but the original PC executable could at least load the untouched WAD without error.

The biggest roadblock to this map port is the console's limited VRAM cache. As it turns out, even just one demon type is enough to hit the cache limit if every single angle of every single walking frame is being rendered at once. Add in firing frames and pain frames at all angles and the death frames on top of that, and you're guaranteed an overflow crash. I managed to avoid the crash by reducing the demon variety to just one type, but I made sure to pick a good demon type.

Let me guess: the single type you've kept was first introduced in Doom II MAP06.

3 minutes ago, Gez said:

Let me guess: the single type you've kept was first introduced in Doom II MAP06.

Masterminds? Or, going by his username, revenants? Doubt souls, because I don't think they appeared at all in MAP06.

2 minutes ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Masterminds?

If I meant the Spider Mastermind, I'd have said introduced in Doom E3M8. ;) And Lost Souls are introduced in Doom E2M1 or E2M2 depending on skill level.

47 minutes ago, Gez said:

If I meant the Spider Mastermind, I'd have said introduced in Doom E3M8. ;)

True, but the Mastermind was introduced to me in MAP06, because I started with Doom II, so that was my train of thought.

So we're going with revs, then.

Thought Id share a few screenshots of a map Im working on. Still gotta plan out the rest of the level before adding smaller details. 

Screenshot_Doom_20180622_180008.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180622_180002.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180622_175930.png

Edited by DoomedFox

Potion seller, I need your strongest potions!

Took a short break from my Hexen project to experiment with some ideas I had for future projects. Starting with importing some sprites from Ultima 8 into Hexen. They fit pretty well as fantasy-themed civilians IMO.

Screenshot_Hexen_20180623_035311.png

Screenshot_Hexen_20180623_035658.png

6 hours ago, DoomedFox said:

Screenshot_Doom_20180622_175930.png

I like this shot. Nice lighting and nice dead marine placement. (That sector blood is cute.)

42 minutes ago, whirledtsar said:

Starting with importing some sprites from Ultima 8 into Hexen. They fit pretty well as fantasy-themed civilians IMO.

No perspective issue? They kind of look like they're meant to be seen from above.

I wonder if sprites from Ultima Underworld 1/2 wouldn't work better.

If you shoot the head, does the one below it turn into another cacohead?