Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The_SloVinator

Chocolate DooM HOM effect even with a texture on??

Was testing my map in Chocolate DooM & if you are at certain distance, HOM appears even though there are textures.

You guys know of this error?

Thank you.

You need to present more information, typically a map for people to download. While yes, walls can stop rendering over large enough distances in chocolate Doom, such errors only usually happen in extreme situations, however the same problem can also occur due to node build errors from map complexity or any other number of issues and it all comes down to how your specific map is layed out and designed.

Vanilla Doom (and thus Chocolate Doom) has a maximum of 256 "segs" (wall segments) that can be displayed on screen at one time, so if you have a map with a lot of segs on screen, the furthest-away segs can turn into a HOM because they don't get drawn.

You could check with RUDE (no limits). If there's still HOM then it's not the seg limit.

So, I guess it's wall segments. I removed some fancy stuff I tried to do in chocolate DooM & now, it seems it works just fine. So, less detailing, I suppose.

Thank you.

On 6/24/2018 at 10:22 PM, DoomeroHispalense said:

On 7/1/2018 at 3:00 PM, mun said:

There's a more updated version of Chocorenderlimits here.

Now this could come in handy. Much appreciated.