Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Archi

Slaughterfest 3 - Released

Well, this is long overdue. Now quite a misnomer, ain't it?

Jk congrats and stuff!

By the decree of our almighty infernal lord, the old map31 is hereby excommunicated and banished in favor of the new acolytes that are fully dedicated to our great cause in body and soul. Praise his infernal majesty, and let his will be done, now and forever!

Some maps got replaced, I'm not going to change that. All I do is make it playable.

We went through the wad tomorrow and last Thursday on TNS to give it a multiplayer test before the release and here's what we noticed:

map01:
- There are ZDaemon-specific HOMs at the 4 switches in the room at the start. No idea what causes them but they aren't there in the previous versions of SF3.
- There seem to be randomly placed inaccessible weapons near start (things 364, 365 and 447).
map02:
- Some coop rad suits for the start room would be nice.
map07:
- HOMs when the walls of sector 311 (tag 7) raise.
map18:
- Not sure why but both the yellow keycard and yellow skull key don't teleport in ZDaemon. This also has the side effect that the player that happens to use the ysk teleport gets stuck.
- Not quite a bug report but seems like the way to get blue keycard can be confusing/non-obvious (I assume because of the short pillars you have to lower). We had many players in-game but no one found the blue keycard and we thought it was missing from the map.
map27:
- Big slime trail right behind the start of the map - not there in PrBoom+ or GZDoom but is there in ZDoom and ZDaemon.
map32:
- The masterminds in sector 149 can easily get stuck while the platform is lowering. Perhaps add some monster-blocking lines?
map33:
- The map won't load in ZDaemon because of missing nodes but even after building them the map plays as if there was all ghosts bug from the start of the map. This can be solved by adding a line that splits the big sector into 2 sectors.

What is the music on map 30? (Chronoblast) I've been wanting to know for some time now, as it's one of my favourite Doom midis.

14 minutes ago, Suitepee said:

What is the music on map 30? (Chronoblast) I've been wanting to know for some time now, as it's one of my favourite Doom midis.

MIDI version of "Hero To Be - No Glory For Foot Soldiers"

5 hours ago, antares031 said:

MIDI version of "Hero To Be - No Glory For Foot Soldiers"

Well thank you very much! After hearing the original song I much prefer the instrumental midi version, because the vocals on the song are bloody awful. A shame really, as I was expecting a good song from such an awesome instrumental beat.

nolamps.png.9b50dbe93e7069c3267e749330faadfd.png

Archi, take these lamps out. I took them out five years ago, because they suck. The real version of this map does not have lamps on the roof.

Edited by Grain of Salt

it does seem like the slaughter crowd has lost its momentum a little. i hope there'll be a sf4 one day but this one has enough maps to be getting on with!