Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

43 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

Hehe, I'm such a dick. :P

If you really wanted to be cruel, have a couple of those lying around in the middle of a huge fight.

15 hours ago, dobu gabu maru said:

I'm cleaning up the automap on my old zekhmet map and it's funny how nonsensical it looks from the visualizer.

0zB0PHF.jpg

You are viewing it from Doom Builder 3d mode aren't you? (because it looks  very similar to it)

14 hours ago, GoatLord said:

In my E1M8 remake, I'm experimenting with something of a narrative. The idea is that UAC scientists, deep within a Martian cave, find a demon teleporter which they use to teleport the player to a pentagram containing the bruiser brothers. It's the only known way in and a lab was built in the cave to calibrate the device.

doom map.png

Ooooh, let me guess some stuff.

Is the circular room at the south part the start of the original (the demon room with barrels and a nukage pool in the middle)?

Is the southeast part where you get the chaingun/shotgun as well as shell boxes and bullet boxes, as well as demons popping out of there, and a green armor and medikit in the middle?

Is the north part the star-shaped baron chamber?

Is the stuff surrounding it the courtyard, that courtyard that somewhere in it is the stair builder to the teleporter that takes you to the shores of hell?

PS - Great job on all that amazing rebuilding of Phobos Anomaly into advanced map building! Really like it, LOL

1 hour ago, Bauul said:

Experimenting with a new theme for Elementalism. After doing dingey dungeons for the last two maps, I thought I'd try something a bit breezier this time!

"pic"

That looks and sounds pretty interesting! Have you decide which elemental theme you want it in? (Looks vaguely air or earth theme to me)

1 hour ago, superchargecacodemons800 said:

Ooooh, let me guess some stuff.

Is the circular room at the south part the start of the original (the demon room with barrels and a nukage pool in the middle)?

Not exactly. It's the chamber containing a recovered demon teleporter, which has been studied, analyzed and carefully modified to ensure the player will end up in a corresponding teleporter inside the pentagram.

Is the southeast part where you get the chaingun/shotgun as well as shell boxes and bullet boxes, as well as demons popping out of there, and a green armor and medikit in the middle?

It's a puzzle-driven lab that opens up into the teleportation chambers. Weapons, ammo, armor and such will be scattered throughout the map to encourage exploration. You'll have to search the cave as well as the UAC facilities.

Is the north part the star-shaped baron chamber?

Yup. However, I'm using the MAP01 slot because I wanted to see how creative I could get without using MAP07 to trigger actions after killing archnotrons and mancubi. So it does function as the barons' chamber, but there is a different puzzle involved in leaving the area.

Is the stuff surrounding it the courtyard, that courtyard that somewhere in it is the stair builder to the teleporter that takes you to the shores of hell?

The barons' chamber sits atop a mountain which you clamber down. It opens up into a massive Martian canyon, the end of which leads to the portal to the shores of hell. Opening it will require lowering pillars, the switch of which is located on a guarded pyramid. The idea was to replace the relatively empty courtyard with a massive exploratory Martian surface.

Thanks for taking so much interest in the map. I've now completed remakes of E1M1 through E1M7. After this one is completed, I'll do E1M9 and then start releasing them!

I'm having a bit of trouble:

https://imgur.com/a/TeiexIZ

Are those METAL2 textures considered misaligned? Trying to align them makes them look worse I think, and considering they're individual metal panels I believe it would make sense to leave them like that.

EDIT: Whoops. If you can't see my image, I'm still trying to figure out how to use imgur. Sorry about that.

EDIT 2: Might as well just post the link for the time being.

'Sup, boys. Posting again with this:

lCX3988.png

MAP28 of Scythe done from pistol start.

As you can see in the log, I died immediately before the exit, but my corpse still exited.

Only took about 20+ attempts.

Did this for @Mr. Meanor, who questioned whether it was possible to do from pistol start.

If I had a demo, I'd share it, but I think this is as close as I can get for proof.

Kveller you can also copy and use the "direct link" to post screenies.

To answer your question tho, I would say no. The tops and bottoms are aligned with their respective ceilings, and though the middle horizontal line visibly changes height, it looks better to me than it would if you had vertically autoaligned them.

That said, some borders between each would go a long way towards making them look more cohesive.

5 hours ago, CWolf said:

So we basically in hentai realm now judging by those tentacles... good.

Those are dead trees.

1 hour ago, Dragonfly said:

fedc65f1e8669e7c327bface91ab37c6.png

And started this heaven map:

91a9420f2bc8087e600107957325d10a-jpg.jpg

Dayum, the areas themselves and the textures look amazing.

1 hour ago, Agent6 said:

Dayum, the areas themselves and the textures look amazing.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Deadwing said:

Are you going to use new monsters (or monsters replacements), Dragonfly?

I am using new monsters, yes. I've added only one so far but plan to add more soon. Given that this is a boom format project my options are limited in what I can add / modify in the bestiary, however. 

29 minutes ago, Simon666 said:

Is it some kind of secret yet to be named project Dragonfly? Textures look great!

3 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

Eviternity

The only reason a thread doesn't exist yet is because I've not made a title graphic. :P

mJjdsYI.png

Not a very id-ish hallway, but I don't care. Sky seen here is Moondust from custommapmakers.org (Moondust link is a direct download link).

VypUBFI.png

Tech reactors or turbines. These things rotate, I know that.

This room took a couple hours to build, but I'm proud of it.

D9tkCUJ.png

More tech and metal.

These rooms are based on some areas built by Malcolm Sailor that I lazily copy/pasted into original!HU, trying to keep the "soul" of these rooms while making them new and interesting.

Also, here is the point at which jumping becomes important.

This is one of the most diverse pages on the thread so far, it really is amazing how creative the community is. Especially that outdoors/nature shot.