Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Starkiller

Which fast-food establishment do you think has the best fries?

20 minutes ago, Joshy said:

In Australia

I heard Goat is a meat commonly eaten in Australia, is this true?

35 minutes ago, MrGlide said:

I've only ever had goat in Indian curries (which is actually nice) but I can't speak for all Aussies. I've heard goat is a regular part of Alfonzo's diet.

It depends whether this counts but frankly in the UK nothing beats a fish and chip shop or indeed the chip stands at the market when I used to live in Great Yarmouth.

To be honest fries are rather mediocre in general with probably McDonalds the best of a bad bunch. Burger king has really gone downhill and KFC is just bad full stop these days. Never tried five guys but similar smaller chains which I have tried are usually pretty good.

4 hours ago, MrGlide said:

Five guys is so overated and absurdly expensive for what it is. I drives me kinda crazy that some people like that place so much.

I agree on its extreme expense, and while I like it, I never eat there because the money I spend there eating for one. I can take somewhere else and eat for four.

Also, the people who eat it even remotely often are just asking for heart disease down the road.

6 hours ago, MrGlide said:

Eh. If you go into the more dodgy sides of whatever town your in i guess you'll find some places that sell goat. But i wouldn't say that it's common.

I don't know why, but this thread made me rush to my nearest KFC, order some 6 pieces of chicken, a chocolate krusher and a large pack of fries!!

2018-06-17-20-12-32-574.jpg.bd1eb1d173f1ee4c2b5a0d01d5495c24.jpg

9 hours ago, MrGlide said:

Five guys is so overated and absurdly expensive for what it is. I drives me kinda crazy that some people like that place so much. I'm not poking fun at glaice but saw it come up several times in the thread.

Their fries are great, but their burgers are very overpriced and underwhelming. I find it weird that the place looks like a washroom. 

Around Finland, I have had best experience with Rolls since they put some seasoning on their fries (I can't stand unseasoned fries). 

Hesburger's are good too imo, though. Grill seasoning with cucumber mayonnaise is great. 

The best fires I ever had were at a place called CJ's Burger Hut near Lake Eufala in Oklahoma. It's like they weren't even potato anymore, just the essence of fried goodness. Like he unlocked a secret of the universe. CONCENTRATED CRISPY FLAVOR.

Swiss Chalet, The Burger's Priest and Honey's Beestro all have incredible fries, but those aren't fast food restaurants. 

Well today i found out that there was this place in town the sold Poutine and Cheese fries. And i gotta say they were both Amazing.

I probably am bumping this thread up before it dies, but whatever.

Hardee's has some pretty good fries. As a plus, they are not too salty (at least at the Hardee's I eat from). Probably the best I've tasted asides from Jack In The Box. 

56 minutes ago, The Unclassy German said:

Chick-fil-A...

(A+ topic btw)

Chick-fil-A does have some delicious waffle fries. One of the big reasons why I like eating there. 

I have to go with Five Guys and Chick Fil'A, although Fives Guys tends to be too salty. Popeye's tend to be pretty good too.