Find results in...
hellcat

Favorite doom 1 level

Favorite doom 1 level  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Knee deep in the dead

2. 2. The shores of hell

3. 3. Inferno & thy flesh consumed

Thy Flesh Consumed episode is not included?  Anyways, I guess my choice is E3M2 simply because the map is shaped like a skeleton hand. 

Wow i did not know that e3m2 was shaped like a skull.

I have made inferno and tfc into one question. 

Edited by hellcat

E4m1 is lovely, small punchy map, which prepares you for harder vanilla maps and it's tied to my childhood memories. 

E2m2 has crate maze, all hail crate maze and demons from pen. 

E1m3 is moody, at this level you're first time going to face pinky demons and meet "unreachable" secret soulsphere and those zombie guys through opeanable window with all those barrels. Also you can jump in that pit outside only to learn that you can raise floor up. Map also gets a bit more complex with all those secrets than first two maps. "Dark Halls" mus/midi fits that place perfectly. I love it so much.

E1M2 is the most recognizable E1 map to me and reminds me most of why I like E1 most.

E2M6 is a great map full of traps and interesting fights.

E3M3 is (in my opinion) the only real solid map of a rather weak episode, and is one of the best of the game.

E4M2 is an excellent follow up to E4M1 without being more difficult.

E1M4 - This one I personally liked playing, not to mention it used to have the swastika (Wolfenstein 3D homage) easter egg. (Doom v1.4 removed/modified it)

E2M8 - I usually liked this E2 map because of the design of a arena with a couple of Lost Souls and one cyberdemon :)

E3M1 - This level I liked when it came to Doom's MIDI music. (Untitled aka Mouth for War by Pantera) ^_^

E4M2 - It was a okay map for me, wasn't much into Thy Flesh Consumed as usual. :P

E1M4 is my favourite Doom 1 level. The blue key imp room, the maze with the imps and the pinkies being really tight and claustrophobic, the swastika room and the beginning rooms that are intertwined in an seamless way, are some of the reasons I love this map.

E2M2 is a lengthy map with a crate maze and great atmosphere. I like how mid way through it, the architecture starts to change.

E3M6 is really open, with tons of exploration to do and I love that.

If I can also choose for an E4 map, it will probably be E4M2, E4M3 or E4M6:

Spoiler

E4M2 has some awesome encounters, with the Cacos at the start, the telefraggable Cyberdemon, the rocky maze with Barons and Pinkies, e.t.c. and a well designed layout.

E4M3 is all about the start. It is fast and action paced, with not that much cover and it even has that troll secret with the stairs (that made me feel dumb when I couldn't find even one of those 19 secrets).

E4M6 is probably the toughest map in E4, at least in my opinion. It takes the idea of "the floor is lava" and spreads it to the whole level, even more than E4M2. Encounters are also really good here too and the song that plays on the background is really atmospheric.

Wasn't there an official poll about this a while ago?  If I remember correctly, it concluded that e2m2 is the best level.

E1M6 is the best in Knee-Deep in the Dead because it is the most complicated and biggest map in that episode, and it also has the biggest monster count on UV and NM: 177 monsters! LMFAO

E2M2 is definitely the best map in The Shores of Hell, and in fact the best in all of Ultimate Doom (even better than all of Doom II and Final Doom, not a single map there that beaten the record of how good that map is) because the crate maze is rather interesting, and you actually get a berserk for the first time, and it's just beyond all comprehension!

E3M4 is the best in Inferno because it has a lot of interesting puzzles, and it has the biggest monster count in all of that episode on UV and NM: 161 monsters!

E4M6 is the best in Thy Flesh Consumed because it really is the interesting version of E4M2 and also has a lot of great things, and it's just overall fun, especially when trying to hide and seek from the cyberdemon popping out of the blue when you get the red key.

E1M9: Military Base. MMMMMM That song is stuck in my head forever. I LOVE military base. Not to mention it's the only secret level I was able to do on Realism difficulty for Brutal DooM

E2M3: I personally am not a big fan of episode 2 but E2M3 wins for having quite a fun layout. I just don't understand the love for E2M2.

E3M1: Obviously, Hells Keep wins me over. Whilst Warrens IS a close second, nothing can beat E3M1... not to mention it's the ONLY map I've ever completed on nightmare.

E4M5: It was hard to chose a fav from episode 4. My least favourite episode. But I personally find E4M5's design to be quite interesting and great to blaze through.

Flipped a coin and E1M7 won the "E1M3 or E1M7" choice, because I love both maps equally.

E2M2 is the one E2 map I'd be really sad to see go. E2M3 might be my least favorite map in all of Doom 1, and E2M7 isn't far behind. Sandy sometimes did wonders adding gameplay to Tom Hall's alpha maps, but those two are just meandering stinkers.

E3M5 is my favorite in the episode for its aesthetic. E3M2 is very unique but E3M3 is the only other E3 map I'd consider for the spot.

John Romero made me even more of his bitch with E4M2. This is just one of his Doom 2 maps made bite-sized and dialed up to 11.

E1M7: the dark ambience, and the music made it a proper second to last level from the first episode.

E2M4: creepy music on top of a strange level design, the map is mostly open, so you can alert monsters from afar with a single shot from the starting area, the creepy faceses on huge stone blocks, redwalls and the atmosphere really felt like it was a former lab corrupted by hell.

E3M2: I really liked the design of the level, it looks like a huge hand in the automap, aside from that is the level i remember the most from Inferno.

1: E1M9 because it has my favorite track.

2. E2M8 because I like the Cyberdemon fight.

3. E4M9 because the level has a cyberpunk feel to it and has the same music as E1M9.