Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMer 4ever

Old members coming back?

Seems like a lot of the old members are coming back (or then they have been appearing here at the same time accidentaly, which I doubt). Just before I posted this I saw the danarchist and zaldron logged in. In a few days i've seen posts by lament and lüt too.

I might be wrong about this but what do you think? Are the old members ever coming back? Because of Doom3 maybe?

Btw, I haven't been here for long so I don't know if I said something stupid. I haven't seen any of those old Doomworld members before these few days either, so I don't know if they all are considered as veterans.

They've been around a lot yes, but keep in mind the forums aren't very old. Some people now appearing as "newbie" may indeed be really old timers that have produced awesome stuff for DOOM, while others with thousands of posts might have little more to say than that they joined the forums early and posted a lot.

myk said:

They've been around a lot yes, but keep in mind the forums aren't very old. Some people now appearing as "newbie" may indeed be really old timers that have produced awesome stuff for DOOM, while others with thousands of posts might have little more to say than that they joined the forums early and posted a lot.

That's why I usually look at the registering date when I see someone I haven't seen before.

Even that isn't enough. I started posting on DW in mid '99 for instance, and my registration date is 4/02, others might have registered last week, but might be producing stuff since the early days of DOOM and may be familiar with Doomworld since its first days. Stuff like that.

myk said:

Even that isn't enough. I started posting on DW in mid '99 for instance, and my registration date is 4/02, others might have registered last week, but might be producing stuff since the early days of DOOM and may be familiar with Doomworld since its first days. Stuff like that.

Your right about that too. I for example have known Doomworld for over two years now but never visited the forums. And I've heard that many people have been lurkers for years... But that's not exactly the point of this thread anyway.

Wet Drywall: heh some bozo started a new thread about old members coming back

Take that Brad_tilf guy for instance. He has hardly been on these forums longer than a month, but in fact he has been the webmaster of of one of the oldest Wad/review sites still around (though it has endured several server changes).

DooMBoy said:

Wet Drywall: heh some bozo started a new thread about old members coming back

Isn't Wet Drywall same as Lüt? Anyway, he just posted to Doom general forum...

Thay haven't "come back" - I'm sure that they have been lurking for a while, then decided to make a few comments.

They'll probably go back to their graves soon, but who knows?

myk said:

And of course some of us (like me) registered on the old blazeboard before it got dropped in March, and then registered on the forums.

(so I've actually been here since the start of this year)

Many of the 'older' members have been logged on several times for quite a while now, if you sit and watch the forums main page at the bottom and keep refreshing it every 5 seconds, u'll notice that many of them are loggged on. And just cause they are "back" or online, doesnt mean they will post lots, or at all for that matter.

DooMer 4ever said:

Isn't Wet Drywall same as Lüt? Anyway, he just posted to Doom general forum...

and FYI, yes, Wet Drywall is the one whom we learned to know as Lüt.

I wonder why Björling didn't register before now. Maybe he didn't have the time. He is, like, one of the more famous level designers in the DOOM community.

i never left. i visted doomworld well before the forums and i joined as soon as they started, but hen i was not sephiroth

I signed up about a year or so ago, but only started posting bout a month or 5 ago.

Oh I was around in 2000 - as a lurker. But as a Member, yep, then I'm pretty new I guess.

I started making doom levels about end of 1994 or begining of 1995, before that I made two Wolf and Spear episodes. Hacked Crystal Caves and made levels for it, also Supa-plex. ;-)

Actually I was on these forums before Dec. 2000. I signed waaaaaay back in July or August of 2000, IIRC, as Ahab. Dunno where I got the name, it just popped into my head. :) Then I lost contact with DW a few months later, then on Dec. 20, 2000 yours truly snuck on to the forums. :)

DooMBoy said:

Actually I was on these forums before Dec. 2000. I signed waaaaaay back in July or August of 2000, IIRC, as Ahab. Dunno where I got the name, it just popped into my head. :) Then I lost contact with DW a few months later, then on Dec. 20, 2000 yours truly snuck on to the forums. :)

A birthday present for me?