Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spooner5020

Jim Carrey to play Dr Robotnik in live action Sonic movie

http://www.slashfilm.com/sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-cast-jim-carrey/

Well if this isn’t the oddest casting choice ever made. Don’t get me wrong I like Carrey a lot,but for Robotnik? Really? 

Before anyone asks why they didn’t get the voice actor from the game. Well a lot of angered fans told him about this on Twitter. He said he was fine with Carrey playing Robotnik,but that if they came to him he absolutely would have played Robotnik in the movie as well.

So, Robotnik is Ace Ventura now? What a time to live in... Sure Robotnik is crazy, but doesn't invoke Jim Carrey's style of high energy crazy.

By the way @Spooner5020, space after a comma. It's easier to read and the correct way to write.

32 minutes ago, mun said:

So, Robotnik is Ace Ventura now? What a time to live in... Sure Robotnik is crazy, but doesn't invoke Jim Carrey's style of high energy crazy.

By the way @Spooner5020, space after a comma. It's easier to read and the correct way to write.

Pretty much. Do you think he will play this in a serious way? Or comedic?

15 minutes ago, Spooner5020 said:

Pretty much. Do you think he will play this in a serious way? Or comedic?

100% comedic is my bet.

Riddler with the Grench's belly.

Suddenly it will sell a lot more tickets.

Were you expecting John Travolta or Mike Meyers?

8 hours ago, Spooner5020 said:

I still think Keanu would make an awesome Sonic.

Not sure how Danny DeVito will play Robotnik though...

Jim Carrey is a very talented method actor. I'm sure he'll do quite well. I wonder how this movie will fuck with his head some more. Jim is an interesting example how method acting as dangerous to ones own mental health. 

"Cinema sins" and "The Film Theorists" would certainly already rub their hands due to all the lovely content they could get out of that movie.

There's going to be a Sonic movie, what the actual fuck?

Edited by Avoozl

Sorry, but there is no Robotnik outside of Long John Baldry.

19 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

"Cinema sins" and "The Film Theorists" would certainly already rub their hands due to all the lovely content they could get out of that movie.

So the usual string of half-assed out-of-context criticism with no research or additional viewings?

4 hours ago, Impie said:

So the usual string of half-assed out-of-context criticism with no research or additional viewings?

"Cinema Sins" is made to be overly nitpicky for comedic purposes (by their own admission), and "The Film Theorists" does not even criticize movies at all. So I don't even know what you're talking about. Seems to me that you didn't get the punchline at some point.

15 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

"Cinema Sins" is made to be overly nitpicky for comedic purposes (by their own admission).

Right, but they also do actual reviews where they say the same shit they say in their "spoof" reviews. They claim that they're just satire, but then they claim they're criticism, back and forth. That muddies any attempt at satire, if they're even really trying to be satirical at all. They're more likely using "lol its satire guyz" as a get out of jail card so they can do whatever the hell they want, and most of their commenters and subscribers don't seem to "get the joke" either cos they buy it as criticism and condemn the movies in question.

Enough people have called them out for all this that it's probably got some truth to it. Enough that maybe people should give their detractors a break whenever they pipe up, and start questioning their fans a little more instead.