Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

Crowbar Collective posts 2 new Xen screenshots.

It looks like a view from under the ocean, rather than the actual Xen to me. But, I also approve this new Xen since I LIKE BLUE COLOR.

2 hours ago, antares031 said:

It looks like a view from under the ocean, rather than the actual Xen to me. But, I also approve this new Xen since I LIKE BLUE COLOR.

Xen always looked like that, just a different color palette.

Is it bad that I'm more amazed by the new dynamic light system than Xen?

Probably....

In any case, this looks awesome and I'm looking forward to playing it.

10 hours ago, Memfis said:

Is Xen supposed to be so pretty and fairytale-like?

Well it's like half-life meets avatar to me... I've hated the xen jumping puzzles,  but the world in itself was very alien looking.

It's looking good. This will be worth another playthrough. 

1 hour ago, tempdecal.wad said:

They posted more (hope it has some Chumtoad easter egg lol):

07b94781006865b3d4d8cef42def2cf059f80a2d

9c5b82236870e7789af91b75b02e8eaf33c61527

9e44c813da89b502309defe1c409890979f05165

750c5e0cb829bed834466fd969302f7068ef6e79

Also they plan to start some Multiplayer sessions on 30th of this month, more details here: https://steamcommunity.com/games/362890/announcements/detail/1700554379793850828

The game is also on sale for 7.99 (-60% off)

*falls off the chair*

Thanks for the heads up, haven't checked for news as of late. These areas looks AMAZING, instant eyergasm.

Seems like Xen might be half the length of the Black Mesa campaign when its finished. That is a hefty update and no wonder its taken so long.

It took nearly 8 years for a playable version of Black Mesa to happen, so maybe another 8 for Xen lol.

It's 20 years old, will valve remember? most likely not but anyways.

Xen Trailer (no release date)

Also check it out this neat Azure Sheep remake, it's out in the Workshop.

22 minutes ago, tempdecal.wad said:

It's 20 years old, will valve remember? most likely not but anyways.

Xen Trailer (no release date)

Course not, I'd be almost amazed if anything new in HL's universe ever gets made by Valve, and if it will it won't be the same since the majority of the staff is gone. It'll quite possibly include micro-transactions too, so that's an absolute skip from me. There's some rumors about a HL:VR that's supposedly a prequel to HL2 but does anyone still believe HL rumors after over a decade of absolute silence? Oh, and there's that Portal and HL movies which are still in the shadows.

Moving on, not an exact release date, but it's coming sometime in Q2 2019 (Huh, so it's going to be sometime during the summer again).

That trailer was unbelievable, I would've never expected to see a trailer before Xen's actual release, but they did it, and man doesn't that look amazing. Fresh, on a much larger scale, very immersive and yet so familiar, but we still don't know a whole lot about it since they aren't going to spill the beans just yet. Interloper is said to be very different from the rest of the chapters, but we haven't seen anything from it for instance.

Now all that's left is knowing what they changed in the NPC and graphics department as well as a new update on the state of the chapters in December.

I really wonder what's the point of that tower. Or could it be some kind of citadel? That's actually the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw it.

Looks great. Reminds me of bits of No Man's Sky, but also "Annihilation"

3 hours ago, Agent6 said:

I really wonder what's the point of that tower. Or could it be some kind of citadel? That's actually the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw it.

It's a Remake of this most likely, a portal which you jump into in one of the outdoor Interloper sections (c4a1a), but now re-imagined to be in some sort of tower instead, hopefully you still get to it on top of this one of these Alien Crafts heh (with less platforming ofc).

20181120130654-1.jpg