• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrazyDoomguy

CrazyDoomguy Demo Thread

+++ Level 35 +++

Dmp17: UV-MAX 24:25

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

I upload this walk for filling demos on DSDA. Probably players cant pass some maps on dmp2017 without save and load.

Dmp_35.zip

Magnolia download link

Spoiler

+++ Level 2 +++

Magnolia: HMP-MAX 4:36

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

Nice map with nice design. I make video later

Magnolia2.zip

Edited by CrazyDoomguy

8 minutes ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

Magnolia: UV-MAX 4:36

I would highly recommend you took a good look at magnolia.wad's readme file, because it clearly states that in the magnolia version that is "publically accessible" there is no UV difficulty. Hurt me plenty and UV are the same, and that is because ribbiks wanted for people to not play the actual UV unless they show him a full playthrough of the HMP level of difficulty. And because people never read readme files, eventhough they called "README", he just didn't put UV into the WAD that you used for your TAS.

21 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

I would highly recommend you took a good look at magnolia.wad's readme file, because it clearly states that in the magnolia version that is "publically accessible" there is no UV difficulty. Hurt me plenty and UV are the same, and that is because ribbiks wanted for people to not play the actual UV unless they show him a full playthrough of the HMP level of difficulty. And because people never read readme files, eventhough they called "README", he just didn't put UV into the WAD that you used for your TAS.

"HNTR and HMP are implemented" - I thought this is a skill level recommendation. Ok, then I call this demo HMP-Max.

just fyi, it's still the same as HMP, but

1 hour ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

UV because skill4

well played... I can't argue with that logic.  I wonder if this forces Ribbiks out from the shadows, if he wants to clarify his cryptic ways.

On 7/5/2018 at 9:54 PM, CrazyDoomguy said:

Magnolia. Now its correct demo. UV because skill4

+++ Level 2 +++

Magnolia: UV-MAX 5:05

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

Magnolia2.zip

Why did you kill the barons? Barons don't count towards kills in magnolia

4 minutes ago, Grain of Salt said:

Why did you kill the barons? Barons don't count towards kills in magnolia

Baron is a demon. He need death :)

I just follow this rule:
"Ultra-Violence Max - 100% Kills and Secrets, exiting with all monsters dead(except Lost Souls)."

You're wrong. That rule is just badly phrased. If they don't count towards the kill% you don't have to kill them.

The doom engine doesn't have any way of designating a "demon" besides whether it counts towards kill%.

Certainly this could go faster by not killing the uncounted Barons, however it is nice to see everything killed in the map, counted or not.

You could argue for a UV-Max including uncounted monsters or something for this run as a category, but yes, counting towards the kill % is definitely a criterion for being required in maxkills.

On 5/12/2018 at 10:14 PM, CrazyDoomguy said:

Breathless download

+++ Level 1 +++

Breathless: UV-MAX 28:41

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

Another hard slaughterfest with pretty blue-cave design. On last part took a lot time because a lot of cacodemons.

Breathless.zip

Nice; looking forward to check this demo. I was about to demand a demo for this map^

On 7/6/2018 at 6:02 PM, Grain of Salt said:

You're wrong. That rule is just badly phrased. If they don't count towards the kill% you don't have to kill them.

The doom engine doesn't have any way of designating a "demon" besides whether it counts towards kill%.

I'm going to disagree. I think the rule is stated pretty well. Lost souls are clearly monsters, but the rule excludes them specifically. The rule as stated does not exclude them merely because they don't count towards the kill percentage. As for what a "monster" actually is, the rule leaves that to a common-sense interpretation.

The engine knows if something can be killed, and whether to count it for the kill percentage - but neither is a necessary/sufficient condition for it to be considered a monster. The most useful for general purposes is perhaps the -nomonsters parameter, which does at least contain the term "monster". That is, anything that is removed by using the -nomonsters parameter can safely be considered a monster for the purpose of the Max definition. But even that isn't perfect, as there are some wads that screw with dehacked in such a way that things that are clearly monsters still appear with -nomonsters, such as Batman (for a misguided reason - did they not know about "-fast"?) and AOTW (presumably inadvertently - or else to keep the map playable on nomo). But these exceptions are very few in number (in fact, I can't think of others), and can be dealt with on an ad hoc basis. I suppose if people wanted to do Maxes on Batman, the simplest solution would be to modify the deh to aid verification.

Do you actually think barons (which were specifically untagged from kill% so that you don't have to kill them) should be killed to record a legitimate max of this wad, though

I don't have a view on that. My contention is that the rule is not badly worded (as you had claimed) and that "monster" should not be redefined in an odd way because of one arguably anomalous wad for which there might be an argument for a special provision.

The definition of "monster" vs "not a monster" is also relevant to pacifist categories. From what you said above, it would follow that in a pacifist you could harm or kill anything that doesn't count towards the kills total, which is clearly not the case.

+++ Level 1 +++

Magnolia: UV-MAX 22:39

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

This map have 16 secrets, but to get last secret is impossible. Ribbiks says, this is a final version and it will not fixed. About living 4 archviles into fake floor is a decoration and they stay alive. Ribbiks confirm it.

Magnolia1.zip

+++ Level 3 +++

Magnolia: UV-MAX 29:25

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

This map is mazy and have many secrets. In all this map looks good and have some place small slaughterfest. The last part the idea is awersome. For saving time I made way short as possible.

Magnolia3.zip

Disparate Realities

+++ Level 1 +++

Disparate Realities: UV-MAX 8:04

+++ +++ +++ +++ +++

Cool slaughter wad with nice map design

DR1.zip

Edited by CrazyDoomguy