Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leodoom85

Pigeon Speedmapping Session 6: To Hell and Back (IDGames version)

Hello everyone and welcome to the sixth installment of Pigeon Speedmapping Session...and yes...we're not dead, we just took vacation from speedmapping

hellblue.png.9e623686c77b48a5c5a7cb7d02add056.png

Time: July 07, Saturday. 
Session: 3pm EST/8pm GMT (Yes, this time will be only one session of 3 hours plus 1 hour for final touches.)
For navigation -http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com  - Type in ET for one side and your timezone/city in the other side.

Discord invite: https://discord.gg/XQKHYx

Main textures: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jw1gm8pww4hzxzq/pigeon06-tex.zip?dl=1 Our set.

https://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/component/docman/?task=doc_download&gid=1025&Itemid= Patched textures from Doom 2 as alternative.

You already know most of the rules but I'll mention it again in case that you forgot:

• Use one of provided themes for session. Since there won't be a second session for now, the bonus theme rule will be discarded.
  • Maps should be boom compatible (complevel 9).
  • Include coop starts.
  • Use three letter naming convention for custom textures or skies, if you needed. 
  • Include basic map information like author, map name, build time, used themes/textures/midi.

Updates can be included in server or in the thread.

If you have any questions, PM me or ask on server. Further news will be added before, during and after the session....so stay tuned!!!.

The link to the latest version is here at last: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/p-r/pigeon06 (Get it here, it's imperative. The new download site STILL has the wrong file)
Alternative link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/un0a2ymnp4126k9/pigeon06.zip?dl=1

Edited by leodoom85 : It's done. Still messed with the files AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

In case, if someone asks why now - I just seriously needed break from speedmapping due personal and not so personal reasons like work on weekends. Sorry, that I didn't tell earlier.

Yoooooo, I may actually be able to participate this time! Haven't speedmapped ina while.

Edited the OP by adding both texture packs.

Nope yet.

Edited by leodoom85

There's exactly 4 hours, 35 minutes to the start of the session. Textures will be posted soon.

Added the final set of textures. 30 minutes before the session starts

Themes for this session:
1. Use blue, red, grey/silver textures mostly. Other textures can go as support.
2. Lots of curves.
3. No items which can increase player's health and armor to 200%, so be careful with all those bonuses.

Oh wow, I somehow managed to completely miss this topic despite how often I've been looking at the forums.

1 minute ago, Forli said:

Oh wow, I somehow managed to completely miss this topic despite how often I've been looking at the forums.

You still have some time, if you wish you can do something small. 

OK OK OK OK!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 3< <2

Name: NEGATIVE PERHAPS YES (SUCH CREATIVITY IKR)

Author: IDK. If I really had to guess I'd say @bzzrak, but not quite sure.

Build time: 03:30 BLAZING FAST DON'T YOU THINK

Themes: all 3 yesssss we did it bois

MIDI: "Congratulations on the new baby but did you even want one" by jmickle66666666 (yeah that's really what the track's called)

Textures: stock only

Note: members of a certain notorious internet subculture might find this map very offensive. One more reason to like this map eh? Not that it makes any difference because infinity + 1 = infinity

EDIT:

VERSION 2:

- made more curves so that the map is real THICC now

- added some minor neat effects

- changed some textures/flats

- fixed one buggy-ish lift

NEGATIVEPERHAPSYES-pigeon06-bzzraktheverybadassmapper-V2.zip

Edited by bzzrak

Screenshot_Doom_20180707_184210.png.6186e1bfce9bb5dd98282d4821f2cd4e.png

Map Lost In Limbo

Author : A2Rob

Themes : 1 & 3

Time Built : About three hours

Textures Used  pigeon6 texture pack

Midi : "Basement" by Stuart Rynn

Edited by A2Rob

Name: Yesterday was better
Themes: I tried use all 3.
Time: I didn't count, I guess still fits into limit. 
Midi: Slayer - Dead skin mask
Textures: main ones, provided with pack.

yesterday was better.zip

Map time

Name: Inferno Azul
Themes: Blue-red architecture and no 200% stats
Time: 3 hours and a half.....thanks lunch to stall me
Midi: Courtyard by Forty-Two
Textures: Main texture pack

Edited by leodoom85 : Updated with some fixes.

I want say thank you all, who came for this session. First beta will be soon, but now let's rest a bit. 

Update.

I fixed my map by putting textures in the missing ones that I forgot to put (yeah, I'm dumb sometimes) and added more detail.

infernoazul.zip

Last update (I hope)

I rebalanced the map difficulty by placing more traps, monsters and placing the right ammo, because it was too easy initially.

infernoazul.zip

I just finished playing through the whole thing, and I have to say that it was quite a pleasant experience. The maps were pretty enough and the combat was mostly fun. Though it was a lot more difficult than I expected haha.

The only speedmapping project I played before this was the one with aa-tex, and they both kinda encouraged me to start speedmapping. So I'm probably gonna do that once I'm done with the current wad I'm making, and once I learn how to map in boom.

4 hours ago, Lorenz0 said:

I just finished playing through the whole thing, and I have to say that it was quite a pleasant experience. The maps were pretty enough and the combat was mostly fun. Though it was a lot more difficult than I expected haha.

The only speedmapping project I played before this was the one with aa-tex, and they both kinda encouraged me to start speedmapping. So I'm probably gonna do that once I'm done with the current wad I'm making, and once I learn how to map in boom.

Thank you for your good words, mappers tried their best with given themes ;)

It's nice to see that hard way learned lessons slowly pays off. 

Mapping for boom isn't that hard, I quickly got used before started lean into speedmapping waters. Format is wider than vanilla, you can use conveyor belts to execute multiply actions, also there are generalised linedef actions too. 

The wad has beed uploaded to IDGames at last. Check the OP for the link.