Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dragonfly

[WIP] Eviternity - A Boom Format Megawad

Every molecule of my body craves to see, how this delightful masterpiece will grace humanity to shatter our minds with it's pure glory. Or in another words, really pumped up for this project! It looks really promising, and I'm fairly certain you will deliver something truly special in the end, can't wait to see further updates of it.

Finally a thread for this :D

Can't wait to play the whole thing! Screenshots are gorgerous as expected!

28 minutes ago, BioRenegat said:

Every molecule of my body craves to see, how this delightful masterpiece will grace humanity to shatter our minds with it's pure glory. Or in another words, really pumped up for this project! It looks really promising, and I'm fairly certain you will deliver something truly special in the end, can't wait to see further updates of it.

Wow, thanks for the extreme enthusiasm towards this project! Hopefully I live up to expectations!

25 minutes ago, Deadwing said:

Finally a thread for this :D

Can't wait to play the whole thing! Screenshots are gorgerous as expected!

It's been a long time coming. The main 'stopper' was the lack of a title graphic which I kept putting off doing. Now that I've made one, even if it's temporary, I feel like I can have a thread, hehe.

7 minutes ago, Sapfiar said:

Awesome! Screens "Icy Castles" map?

No icy / castle maps have been made yet. That will be in one of the aforementioned 'dev diaries' in the future. :)

6 minutes ago, Redead-ITA said:

Don't forget to point out that december 10 is also doom's birthday

It is indeed! I would like to call this 'a birthday present for Doom', but I don't feel comfortable saying that without knowing for certain if I'll achieve that deadline.

1 minute ago, Dragonfly said:

It is indeed! I would like to call this 'a birthday present for Doom', but I don't feel comfortable saying that without knowing for certain if I'll achieve that deadline.

I mean the release of the texture pack will be one for sure, but i understand what you mean by that, i give you goodluck on this project as well as the guest mappers.

So this is where all these awesome maps went.

Well well, I'm definitely going to play this (likely stream, if I won't be playing something else at that time). Too bad it's not coming out til December but at least there's something to look forward to.

This looks extremely promising - that's a beautiful texture set from what we've seen, and a fine lineup of mappers, particularly if skillsaw finds the time!

This megawad needs a boom-compatible Spyro map.

Looks beautiful, Dragonfly. Agreed with @Csonicgo on the teal, it's really nice. There's quite an excellent diversity of architectural styles here too. The fifth screen in particular really took me, with the huge chains stretching across the map like that. Supreme.

Can't wait to see more!

It's great to finally see a thread for this project, i've been looking forward to it on your twitch streams, also it look's like you got some really talented guest mappers. Im really hyped for it, this is looking fantastic and the release date it's perfect for a big celebration that day :)

Also Isn't this supposed to go on the WADS forum?

1 minute ago, DMPhobos said:

Also Isn't this supposed to go on the WADS forum?

I was thinking that exact same thing.

I think a thread for this has been long overdue, but it's good to finally see it actually in the works.

Looks fantastic, though I almost missed it. Someone should move it to the WADs forum.

I especially love the Dis-like hell fortress, Magenta getting the proper hell treatement it deserves (purple is always the most evil colour, and the colour of hellfire, right?), and the Ancient Greek Parthenon.

My goodness, this looks gorgeous. I dig those chains hanging from the middle structure as well as the brighter, golden / white texture set. Actually, all those screenshots are awesome and look very different to all the other wads.

11 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

Hello everyone!

y5a4DnF.png

Today I'm formally announcing Eviternity, a 32-map boom megawad. Eviternity is a megawad comprised of six 5-map episodes, and two secret maps; which exclusively makes use of OTEX, an up-and-coming texturepack in development by @ukiro

Eviternity's six episodes explore a series of unique and varied themes, each featuring classic gameplay with an interest in making each map hold it's own unique identity and personality. The themes are "Medieval", "Techbase", "Icy Castles", "Industrial / Brutalism", "Hell / Gore / alien" and "Above the sky / Heaven".

This project is currently a work in progress, sitting at approximately 1/3rd completion with just over 10 maps fully built already! The planned release date is 10th December, as that is when Ukiro is planning to release the texture pack to the public. While mostly being a "Dragonfly project", with 22 maps planned to be created by myself, I present you a mighty lineup of well-known guest mappers who will be crafting an individual map each:

These guest maps will be interspersed throughout the project, with both secret maps being made by guest mappers.

I'll be posting updates to this thread on occasion, letting you know how the project is progressing. Thanks for checking out Eviternity! :)

EVITERNITY DEV DIARIES:

Part One

SCREENSHOTS....

Have you ever considered also mapping for Heretic or Hexen?  The last couple of screenshots in this wad have architecture that would lend themselves to those two games.

Very beautiful screenshots, with nice use of textures, colors, shadows, and port features!

This is looking absolutely incredible! Others have mentioned it already, but the teal and magenta make the screenshots really pop, and the locales depicted look vastly different from the usual. Looking forward to it's release, I know it's gonna be amazing.

Hype for this megawad is so huge judging by little counter, I would lie if I say that I'm not interested to play this after it gets released :")

Awesome to see an actual thread made for this. Screenshots look gorgeous (as expected from you tbh) and, december 10 2018 huh? Good luck :) 

One question though: why isn't this thread in "wads and mods"? :) 

15 hours ago, Pavera said:

Looks beautiful, Dragonfly. Agreed with @Csonicgo on the teal, it's really nice. There's quite an excellent diversity of architectural styles here too. The fifth screen in particular really took me, with the huge chains stretching across the map like that. Supreme.

Can't wait to see more!

I still think that hell-tower map has the most powerful visuals in pretty much any map I've made. Very impacting having such an imposing tower contrasting heavily against the blood-red skies behind it. :)

Thank you for complimenting the diversity, that's something I've been trying to focus on, as it'll help the megawad not become tiresome to play!

As for the palette changes, I find them to be very fun to work with - they have definitely helped motivate me when working on some maps. 

12 hours ago, eharper256 said:

Someone should move it to the WADs forum.

This has been asked / suggested to me directly several times over now - and I would agree with it being moved. At the time of posting I stupidly thought 'WADs and Mods is for completed projects, right?'. How silly of me! :P

In any administrators are seeing this thread, please shift the thread over to WADs and Mods, please. <3

8 hours ago, rdwpa said:

Nice, can't wait to record some maxes for this. ;) 

And I can't wait to watch them! On my spreadsheet that tracks tasks and whatnot I've made a note to ensure all maps are maxable on all difficulties. I would like to see some UV-Speed, too. :D

6 hours ago, Master O said:

Have you ever considered also mapping for Heretic or Hexen?  The last couple of screenshots in this wad have architecture that would lend themselves to those two games.

I've given it thought, but I feel my lack of interest in those games would be noticeable in the maps I make for it. Were I to touch any non-doom doom game, I'd probably lean towards Strife. That said, Rekkr just came out, and that looks mighty fine and possibly could do with some love in a more advanced source port... But for now I need to avoid alternate project ideas, I have this megawad to make and also have a large role to play in the Elementalism Team.

1 hour ago, Yugiboy85 said:

Awesome to see an actual thread made for this. Screenshots look gorgeous (as expected from you tbh) and, december 10 2018 huh? Good luck :) 

Aw, thanks! With the help of the guest mappers (who are essentially one third of the project's mapping work) I feel this deadline is definitely achievable, but it will still be quite a push. The first linedef for this project was drawn on 18/03/2018, so by that measurement I've done just under half of my mapping work in under 4 months. Obviously I can't predict my pace moving forward, I might be busy for a number of weekends, or hit a slump in terms of motivation / inspiration, but I'm going to do my absolute best to keep this work-speed up and pump out a quality project in a short amount of time. (No, not quite 'Team Rocket' speed, heh)

Haha. Good to know. You will make it i think. It all depends on the guest mappers too of course :)

Liked

Also I hope for very detailed dev blogs! Especially if guest mappers leave some thoughts as well :) 

I assume this is the project that @ukiro last mentioned in February? I've been looking forward to that, so I'm excited to see some of the results.

@Dragonfly

The screenshots look great. The seventh screenshot, to me, even has a "heaven"-ish feel. Maybe it's just the light gray and gold. I remember seeing the tower on one of your mapping streams. It does look impressive, and the chains are a really nice touch.