Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sirjuddington

ZDoomGL v0.7 Bug reports

I think what was being said about the weapon mipping is that the placement is all off. If you maximize the screen so that no status bar is shown, you get a big blank space underneath the weapons. I only tried Map30 of Doom2 on the first beta (the Sept. 2 one wouldn't work because of some FMOD crap, maybe I don't have the newest FMOD) so maybe this has already been fixed. The weapons also don't seem to fire correctly. When using the rocket launcher, it didn't seem to fire straight, always at the ground. I couldn't really see the cross hair to tell exactly where I was aiming, but it always seemed to aim downwards.

Secondly, in Map30, and maybe other maps, the player and sprites (rockets, plasma balls, etc.) can get stuck sometimes within the walls or in the middle of platforms. I got a rocket stuck in the middle of the moving platform and it stayed there stuck on the rocket launcher sound. Then, I proceeded to get hit by a mancubus ball and get pushed into a wall which killed me (even though I was in God mode).

Interesting stuff. So far I am in love with the direction this is taking. Looks like most of the stuff is working beautifully. It looks great too. I'll check in with more later, when I play this thing to death. Good job, timmie.

aight. downloaded the new FMOD and tried the sept exe out.

1. now the weapons don't show up at all, save for a few frames of the shotgun shooting animation.

2. finishing map30 crashes the game. you don't even get the shooting gallery at the end.

3. none of the end level resuslts show up (kills, items, secrets, etc.). you just get the flashing main Doom screen.

4. tell me how much of this you already know. i don't want to be uber-repetetive. :)

5. if you stare straight at the ground on a boundary between sectors and then spin around while looking at the ground, you'll see flashes of the sky replacing the flats. it's hard to explain but just go on a set of stairs, look down at the ground, and hold the left arrow to make yourself spin. you'll see it.

digit@l_pimp said:

5. if you stare straight at the ground on a boundary between sectors and then spin around while looking at the ground, you'll see flashes of the sky replacing the flats. it's hard to explain but just go on a set of stairs, look down at the ground, and hold the left arrow to make yourself spin. you'll see it.

Yeah, the seg clipping is still the same as zdoom, so it doesn't allow a wider fov when looking up and down. So if you aren't looking straight ahead, you can see the segs/subsectors getting clipped.

1. particles. for some reason, they don't size correctly. they're the same size up close as they are far away. this kinda makes them look like they grow as you go farther away.

2. maps with slime trails and other w3ird anomalies just crash. they run in regular zdoom but you see the funky glitches. zdoomgl just crashes. not so bad, though, cuz the maps shouldn't have that shit in them anyways, but worth a mention...

3. this is the hardest piece of software i've ever had to beta test. i haven't been able to find any really nasty, nasty bugs. great job, timmie...i'm pleasantly surprised.

1.1 the particles disappear if you move more than a certain distance away. they grow as you move back and then eventually disappear. in particular, i'm referring to particles from things like the fountains that you can use in ZDoom.

4. the letters in the menus and messages look funny. i think that it's what was said before, but they look like they have little borders around them. almost as if the edges are antialiased to black or something. i dunno, just doesn't look appealing for some reason.

digit@l_pimp said:

3. this is the hardest piece of software i've ever had to beta test. i haven't been able to find any really nasty, nasty bugs. great job, timmie...i'm pleasantly surprised.

Thanks! Nice to hear it's stable on your system. I haven't had many crash reports recently, so I'm taking that as a good thing :)

Oh, if you do manage to get it to crash, please email me directly with a description of what you did and, if it was with a pwad, a link to the wad it crashed with (if it's small, just send it as an attachment).

digit@l_pimp said:

1.1 the particles disappear if you move more than a certain distance away. they grow as you move back and then eventually disappear. in particular, i'm referring to particles from things like the fountains that you can use in ZDoom.

I changed the particles in more recent versions. They're actual sprites now, so they get smaller as you get further away:

http://members.shaw.ca/timstump/images/zdoomgl_24.jpg (railgun with new particles)

actually...it only gets sent out to a small group of beta testers. i don't think timmie needs any more. this thread was meant for the beta testers to post bugs they find...

i would like to see more support in the engine for the md2's, instead of it thinking they are replacements. also in terms of the md2's they are much better than when i last used them. they look great, could use some smoothing and texture work. animation could also be made smoother and more natural. they are so much better when i last saw them. also covrers will hide the md2's, like an all or nothing view. I am sure these things will be fixed, afterall this is a beta.

if i had programming experince i would help, i am surprised the zdoom creator is not as active in the GL port.

Actually, Randy is active in this. He's been helping me (quite a bit, actually) along the way and has done things like adding support for GL nodes to the internal nodebuilder in ZDoom and recently helped me with the transfer heights stuff (which was giving me problems).

Just because he doesn't post here doesn't mean he isn't helping out ;)

OK, I've been trying out the latest beta version of the new ZDooMGL, and here some bugs I've run across:
When I bring down the console, it seems to pull down sloooowly, but when I hit ~ again, it pulls up pretty quick.
There's still the gap between the bottom of the screen and the current weapon.
Switching to software crashes the game.
Attempting to play fullscreen in OpenGL doesn't work. Only like 60% of the screen is filled.
Rockets tend to fire on a downhill slope.
The screens flickers and flashes like crazy when going to the next level.
The port runs definitely fast enough, though sometimes it chugs when there are a lot of sprites on screen.
When looking at the ground at an angle there are little white pixels all over the floor. When running down a hallway or something like that, there are pixels that flash all over the walls and stuff.
When you get hurt, the screen flashes red like it should, though your weapon sprite doesn't. I noticed this for the first time when playing E2M8, I was blasted by the Cyber and I got killed. The screen flashed red, though my rocket launcher was its normal color.

Those are the bugs I've seen so far. All in all, seems like timmie has done a good job :) I cannot wait for the new ZDooMGL.

Oh, and I should add: PIII 450 Mhz, Voodoo3 gfx card