Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

What are you playing now?

31 minutes ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

The switch on the purple stairs that's supposed to teleport you to the little tunnel outside the map which brings you back to the stars for the rev/knight/baron/whatever fight is marked as S1 Teleport (also monsters).

It had already been triggered, probably by a caco or a soul or something.

flying monsters don't activate S1/SR teles (at least, not from what I've tested, using prb+, zdoom). ground-based mobs will trigger it if they walk into it, but on skill 2/3 there should be no mobs in that area until after you take the tunnel and trigger the trap, so it seems like this should be legit impossible? -.-

I have no idea. Something triggered it and I couldn't use it. I even reloaded from a save before I got to that point and it happened again. I don't know why or how, but I couldn't use the switch.

3 minutes ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

I have no idea. Something triggered it and I couldn't use it. I even reloaded from a save before I got to that point and it happened again. I don't know why or how, but I couldn't use the switch.

Hm... what port were you using? Crispy?

If yes, perhaps it's not compatible so it's breaking some levels?

1 minute ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

I was using PRBoom with Boom compatability.

I always keep mine set on default unless a wad requires otherwise.

You're also using the test version if I'm not mistaken, I used 2.5.1.4, maybe the problem lies somewhere there. If not, well, I guess you must be unlucky in this case. Unfortunately, at least so far you're the only one facing this problem in 20x7 with PrBoom+ .

4 hours ago, fabian said:

Could you give a more precise hint where this happens or probably even a savegame?

It's right at the start of map 19 (ndcp.wad), you see some 3d faux bridges or whatever they're called, you can't cross them from below in Crispy or Prboom+ complevel 2, but you can with boom compatibility. That's the thing, the text file says the wad is limit-removing, that is recommended to use Prboom, ZDoom, GZDoom, etc. It wouldn't surprise me to find out the wad is cl9, "limit-removing" could mean anything except vanilla in that era, besides Crispy didn't exist back then so yeah :/

22 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

It's right at the start of map 19 (ndcp.wad), you see some 3d faux bridges or whatever they're called, you can't cross them from below in Crispy or Prboom+ complevel 2, but you can with boom compatibility. That's the thing, the text file says the wad is limit-removing, that is recommended to use Prboom, ZDoom, GZDoom, etc. It wouldn't surprise me to find out the wad is cl9, "limit-removing" could mean anything except vanilla in that era, besides Crispy didn't exist back then so yeah :/

Yeah, I've only played that far in GZDoom (I used Doomsday waaaay back in the day when I first played the earlier maps) and never noticed any issues.

1 hour ago, Salt-Man Z said:

Yeah, I've only played that far in GZDoom (I used Doomsday waaaay back in the day when I first played the earlier maps) and never noticed any issues.

Dammit, hype is now low, I wanted to use Crispy because it supports opl3, contrary to prboom+, and I added midis based on how they sound in Crispy... This happened before so it's nothing new to me, I could cheat my way through the bridges, thing is if there're other things that could break progression (like infinite height off required), but it doesn't look like mappers went for full boomisms and zdoomisms, as far as I could see.

I've been playing a lot of PS1 (Final) Doom for obvious reasons, but I've also been replaying No Rest for the Living in the XBLA Doom II port. Hurt Me Plenty difficulty while I familiarize myself with the maps again. I forgot how good the weapon access was in this version compared to most console ports, I actually went and set up ZDoom to use the same D-pad mappings . I still wish custom controls were possible; half the controller feels pointless with the defaults.

(NRFTL itself is, of course, an excellent piece of work.)

Edited by Dragonsbrethren

22 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Interestingly, it makes a difference if run with `-nomonsters` or not!

8 hours ago, fabian said:

Interestingly, it makes a difference if run with `-nomonsters` or not!

The question is, why? That's really weird, maybe the monsters have something to do with how the bridges behave, but that leaves me with the intrigue if they are actually boom or not...

animated-thinking-gif-12.gif.6ae2c77b8b0f88ff628f59c6e1355ae5.gif

Recently finished Epic 2, and now I'm wondering what should I pick next.

Honestly I'd like to check out a slaughter wad this time, but I dunno... I've no clue where to start. Noticed Slaughterfest 3, would that be good enough? There's also Sunder, but I'm still confused. Last time I heard about it, it couldn't be completed without cheating and things are unclear in my mind about it.

1 hour ago, Agent6 said:

Honestly I'd like to check out a slaughter wad this time, but I dunno... I've no clue where to start.

You could check Rush by Archi, it's a good one to get in the mood. 

27 minutes ago, galileo31dos01 said:

You could check Rush by Archi, it's a good one to get in the mood. 

I had a deja vu when you mentioned it.

For good reason, ya missed my Ironman attempt I guess :v .

10 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

I had a deja vu when you mentioned it.

For good reason, ya missed my Ironman attempt I guess :v .

Lol ok, yeah I don't follow that club. 

Then I'd suggest to check this thread.

Newdoom really impressed me, honestly was expecting it to be inconsistent, and it turned out to be pretty well done overall, that is, kinda like a community chest but mostly with similar ideas, lots of work on visuals, actually interesting traps besides all the incidental stuff, no overly intricate progression involving fake walls (switch hunts however do appear), of course some minuses but nothing absurd or horrifying. One thing for sure, it's not for any limit-removing port, better to use something Boom compatible or ZDoom to avoid any issues with progression and maxing maps, I needed to cheat through a couple times and it's a shame because most if not all maps can be completed (not maxed) in Crispy or complevel 2. I don't blame anyone but myself for insisting to use the wrong port for the occasion, but still had fun with it regardless. 

Anyway, I'm ready to start 50 Shades of Graytall with glboom+, either today or tomorrow, whenever I get my own hud done for it.

I'm currently playing BTSX Episode 1. About halfway through (about to start Map32).

18 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Newdoom really impressed me, honestly was expecting it to be inconsistent, and it turned out to be pretty well done overall, that is, kinda like a community chest but mostly with similar ideas, lots of work on visuals, actually interesting traps besides all the incidental stuff, no overly intricate progression involving fake walls (switch hunts however do appear), of course some minuses but nothing absurd or horrifying. One thing for sure, it's not for any limit-removing port, better to use something Boom compatible or ZDoom to avoid any issues with progression and maxing maps, I needed to cheat through a couple times and it's a shame because most if not all maps can be completed (not maxed) in Crispy or complevel 2. I don't blame anyone but myself for insisting to use the wrong port for the occasion, but still had fun with it regardless.

Heard the second one's extremely buggy, did it ever get fan fixes released beyond that v2 version? I've yet to play either one.

4 hours ago, Lila Feuer said:

Heard the second one's extremely buggy, did it ever get fan fixes released beyond that v2 version? I've yet to play either one.

There was a thread about that, people doing the dirty work the actual mappers of the project should have done. I have no idea why they stopped it, also the link at the end is broken :/

Just finished Doom 64 in Doom II.

It was a fun little romp, though it was somewhat annoying at times (Having to kill 3 cybers at 11 health was, interesting to say the least).

Kind of going to put off playing any others since I've got about eight maps queued up, though.

On 7/18/2018 at 10:44 PM, Poncho said:

I'm currently playing BTSX Episode 1. About halfway through (about to start Map32).

I just started replaying BTSX E1 in GZDoom with the same controller setup Xbox 360 Doom II uses. This is definitely near the top of my best wads of all time list.

2 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

(Having to kill 3 cybers at 11 health was, interesting to say the least).

How did that happen?

I don't know. I think I might've taken a rocket from the other cyber in the map or I really screwed up elsewhere.

Doesn't change that I had to do it. And did do it.

Playing a little Eternal Doom to break up the mapping monotony here and there.

Need to get back on Sunlust and start Stardate.

Edited by Aquila Chrysaetos

10 maps into Hellbound and I can easily say the hype is well deserved! It's freaking amazing so far. Love the textures/architecture detailing, reminds me a lot of CCP4.

On 7/19/2018 at 2:05 PM, galileo31dos01 said:

There was a thread about that, people doing the dirty work the actual mappers of the project should have done. I have no idea why they stopped it, also the link at the end is broken :/

I actually found a fixed version by watching someone play through it on YouTube and they provided a link. If you don't mind using MediaFire, here it is:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/mrnlw777bqbr18h/New+Doom+Community+Project+2+v2.wad

I played through it myself to see how fixed it is and it fixes the really major game breaking bugs.

As for what I've been playing and plan on playing next, I just got done with Dark Encounters (finally). Now I'm planning to play through Doom Gaiden and Doom 2 Reloaded with the Doomzone mod, this time playing as the Demolition class.