Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
quake92

Eternal Snapmaps ?

Will we see improved snap map creation in Doom Eternal ? it had incredible potential in doom 4 will they manage to make it better ? 

i will probably always prefer doom builder but i wouldn't mind seeing them elevate on the technical possibilities of the snap map system 

cheers

It's very unlikely that we get an SDK for this one so I'd like to see them improve the AI navigation on Blocking volumes and perhaps meshes, maybe have the editor generate some sort of graph information to help the AI navigate those after compiling the level similar to Hammer editor or Unreal Editor, It would be nice to also have more primitive shapes for blocking volumes and have the ability to modify and shape them to stuff other than just boxes with different dimensions.

They need to add movers that you can modify. I was pissed how some of the classic modules got movers but the modern ones don't.

It would suck ass if they dropped it because of the lukewarm reception snapmap had

They should redesign it, do something like Far Cry 5's editor, not ditch it because the lack of players for it centered around ease of use and capability, not because people don't like making content

Only thing is really important for me is new SnapMap - faster, bigger and better, without stupid limit for 4 players e t.c. I have a many ideas for multiplayer mod that I wanna create in this editor, if MP in Doom Eternal will be not so good as we waiting for.

think I spent over 100 hours fiddling around with makin stuff in snapmap mode on the playstation when doom2016 first came out. I would even go as far to say its a big innovation to create your own relevant content in todays games. Last time I had this much fun building stuff that actually had a meaning for me was in tony hawks pro skater on the PS2 makin skate parks

recently I bought doom AGAIN ! doesn't happen often I buy games twice but this time I got it again for steam the current price is really nice, so at the moment I'm 13 hours in on the PC playing around on Ultra-Nightmare and having probably thrice as much fun (probably due to much better graphics and incredibly better responsiveness ) than I was on the ps4 

thus, really hoping they realized the potential of snapmap and convert all the wonderful ideas they had from the previous installment onto Eternal ;)