Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Garbage

mcdoomalds.wad - An unserious WAD

heh. i liked it.

also i suspect that you tested in zdoom because

there are four stuck shotgunners in the teleport in trap, furthest to the west (i played in prboom cl9)

Just now, NoisyVelvet said:

heh. i liked it.

also i suspect that you tested in zdoom because

Hide contents

there are four stuck shotgunners in the teleport in trap, furthest to the west (i played in prboom cl9)

Oh, I tested in Crispy Doom. It may be a universal problem, so I'll go check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

Casual UV-100S in 4:41

I know the final time says 4:40, but the Boom hud clock said 4:40.97, so I'm going with that.

PRBoom+ 2.5.1.5, complevel 2, skill 4

I probably really screwed my start, because I was brought down to less than ten health twice and had to chainsaw a couple knights, but this was a fun little romp.

I missed six enemies, probably in the teleport sectors to the side, but nothing to lose sleep over.

Keep making these, I really enjoy them.

Cute. Here's a small collection of demos: a lightly grinded speedrun "max" in 1:12, a casual tyson run in 5:24 (only did this because I wanted to  chainsaw the hks/barons and infight them with the vile; it's faster to just plink with the pistol from the outset), and my FDA from earlier (forgot the time). 

mcdoomalds_rd_stuff.zip

3 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

I know the final time says 4:40, but the Boom hud clock said 4:40.97, so I'm going with that.

The convention for displaying times in this way is to truncate the milliseconds, rather than any rounding. Among speedrunners in very short maps, particular -nomonsters runs, it's a common goal to not settle for a x.00, instead pushing down to the x.97 a second below.

Edited by rdwpa

If anyone's interested in my non tech base/hell flesh maps, got a new one coming tomorrow.

sneek peak

1115919041_Screenshot(22).png.803efd0aca33a3af5b401d0508933890.png

7 hours ago, xvertigox said:

yes

Hide contents

Noz2v5x.png

Every time I see this stuff ';,,;'

It's good to know that, in the future, UAC will take over ownership of McDonald's.

Nice level. I like some of the touches, like the yellow keycard texture to make the golden arches.

Fixed the shotgunners stuck in the cramped tele, I guess the room was too crowded for 2 barons and 4 possessed.

I liked it. We need more unserious wads in our lives (and less McDonalds). Btw you could easily align the windows here (just point at them and press L and U in 3d mode). Anyway, here is my playthrough:

mcdoomalds_mem_FDA.zip

Downloaded it for the concept, played & finished it for the overall level size.  I tend to enjoy these small sized maps, and after playing this, I can't say I was disappointed!

On 7/16/2018 at 3:55 PM, Garbage said:

hype

Reveal hidden contents

1701624380_Screenshot(27).png.51adecea228ce4ef86f43d5a3ec6e559.png

p.s. I drew this myself with a mousepad rip

*Hyping Intensifies*