Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Adahn

[Heretic] Lost Temple

Hello everybody, here is a Heretic wad I made, it is tested in GZDoom, I created it in Doombuilder (Heretic config). I would like to get some feedback and other opinions on the map. This is the first non-speedmap that I have made for Heretic, and it took me around around a week. It is made for without jumping or freelook, but afaik you can't jump out of bounds/over any walls. I think it should be vanilla compatible since I used the Heretic config, but not entirely sure. Some Info:

Tested in: GZDoom

Editors Used: SLADE, Doombuilder

Not much to say. It is full of secret areas that are easy to miss. There is no custom anything used, just the base game resources. Nothing fancy, just your standard Heretic IWAD-style map. On a side note, all my memories of this game are from the ages of 5-7, so I drew on a lot of nostalgia for inspiration. I just recently started playing the IWAD. 

I'm very open to feedback !

Here are some screenshots; 

Capture23432543.PNG.9d2f21d6f5b820c23d6e87a02cf5beb7.PNG

Capture653435.PNG.112eb7ec5489a776feb11ee4644b96f1.PNG

Capture345678.PNG.41ed72fa02b8c1cde67efc455c144f41.PNG

345675890.PNG.290133c974349658020cd655605faa68.PNG

Losttemple.zip

Edited by Jthom

This is pretty decent. Combat was good overall as was the balance. I'm pretty shit when it comes to Heretic but I didn't have too much issue finishing on UV. I liked the mini platforming sections, especially to get to the blue key - it makes the architecture more interesting and seem less linear. Here's an FDA (used resurrect once), I didn't do it as a review as I'm too blitzed to record (that didn't really stop me with my last FDA/review..)

But yeah, pretty dece, I liked it. Few texture alignments and broken teleporter to fix but the meat of it is fun.

15 hours ago, xvertigox said:

This is pretty decent. Combat was good overall as was the balance. I'm pretty shit when it comes to Heretic but I didn't have too much issue finishing on UV. I liked the mini platforming sections, especially to get to the blue key - it makes the architecture more interesting and seem less linear. Here's an FDA (used resurrect once), I didn't do it as a review as I'm too blitzed to record (that didn't really stop me with my last FDA/review..)

But yeah, pretty dece, I liked it. Few texture alignments and broken teleporter to fix but the meat of it is fun.

Thanks for the video, it is much appreciated. The teleporter is actually supposed to work that way; your supposed to use the wings of wrath to escape that pit, but I guess it is not so obvious. In any case I appreciate the feedback, thanks a ton!

1 hour ago, riderr3 said:

@Jthom I'll just post here link to Heretic Upstart Mini project. Maybe if you interested to join us.

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out. Is there still enough time before the project deadline I wonder?