Ichor

What screen saver do you use?

What screen saver do you use?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What screen saver do you use?

• None
    • Blank screen
    • 3D types (3D Maze, 3D Text, etc.)
    • Non 3D types (Mystify Your Mind, Flying Through Space, etc.)
    • Windows screen savers like Inside Your Computer, Underwater, etc.
    • Other

I doubt this question has been asked before. Anyway, many times I don't use a screen saver, but when I do, it's either Geiss (looks like the special effects you see near the end of 2001: A Space Odyssey), 3D Text showing the time, or Warp, which makes ripples all over the current desktop.

None. I often run resource-hungry processes, so I don't want anything unnecessary running. I turn the screen off if I'm leaving it unattended, and just in case I forget to do that, I have it set to turn the monitor off after 1 hour.

...tries out that Hyptnogenic screen saver...

Ooooo, fun. And there's a lot of choices for it too.

DOOM Anomaly said:

DOOM Anomaly's screen saver is Desktop Doom. Which is the Demos for DoomII :D

Well, there was an original DoomII sceensaver released by id. Have this box, it comes with 4 scenarios: "Barrels-o-fun", "The Duel", "Fireworks" and "Skeet Shot".
But it sucks, so it is only standing on my bookshelf, between other Doom stuff.
I have a scan of the box, so if anyone wants to see it, just tell me.

The screensaver was developed for id software by "Worldwide MicroTronics and Stage Research".

I have not installed any screensaver, not on any of my computers, those are just dropping down the performance and causing crashes (my experience).

My monitor turns off after 45 minutes if my computer is idle. The poll isn't very clear in this respect, unless this is what you mean by "blank screen."

Why, the Doom saver of course.

Not demos. This one has a blank screen with either a marine, a trooper, a sarge, or a cyberdemon walking across the screen, ocasionally firing his weapon.

myk said:

My monitor turns off after 45 minutes if my computer is idle. The poll isn't very clear in this respect, unless this is what you mean by "blank screen."

One of the standard Windows screen saver options is "Blank", so I guess that's what the poll refers to. Power settings are a different matter.

Right now my screensaver is a Scrolling Marquee type with the words (which are colored blue) yay hooray scrolling across a black background.

Flying through space.

Simple, mysterious-looking, doesn't need to waste extra memory to store for this =]

but usually I would turn my monitor off completely if I really want to save the powers

xset s 120 20 dpms 300 600 900

i.e. the screen turns black after two minutes and the monitor switches itself off after five. Boring isn't it? For some reason I don't need my monitor to look interesting when I'm not there at the computer :)

Had to laugh at F0AD:42494C4C in those BSOD screens though. Nerd humour, heh.

I had to choose between "3D", "non-3D" and "other" (??? ... heh)

Since I become bored quickly with my screensavers, I tend to change alot. My screen shuts off at all times after 30 minutes, screensaver kicks in after 5-10 minutes (depends on my mood:P).

My current screensavers (my pc - Windows XP and my virtual machine - Windows 98) are resp. TNG (NCC-1701 D in a dogfight with two Klingon Birds of Prey) and Timmaw! (one of my favorite Southpark characters trying to get his pet turkey Gobbles to... uh... walk through a burning hoop).

I personally think these screensavers are too cool not to share! So if one of-em sounds cool, let me know and I see if I can send some... :)